Sign in to follow this  
davenicoll

P3D V2 Straw Poll

After getting back into the hobby, I'm probably 98 percent FSX and 1.98 percent P3d and .02 percent X-Plane.  If I could only have an updated KATL and KORD!  :)

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

FSX, since I would be violating ML's EULA if I used it like FSX all of these years, so no choice but to stay with it.

Oh boy, here we go..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

...LOL!

I knew that response was coming at some point. That was too easy.

Once the bugs are mostly ironed out and more major third party players come onboard I'd think about it. However, since I'm not currently enrolled as a student though I'd have to fork out the $200. for the Pro Version, which is a chunk of change just for a desktop flight simulator but hey, cheaper than the real deal.

So to actually answer the OP's question again, switch to P3D? Probably - once the bugs are ironed out since FSX is just too high maintenance for me to keep running smoothly and stable. MSFS A Century of Flight (FS2004) was to date the flight sim I have had the best luck with in regards to headaches.

100% P3D v2. FSX is deleted and purged from my system. Good riddance!

Amen to that!

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

The past week I've been 99% P3D and 1% FSX..  Only  using FSX for comparisons..

For once I feel I'm in control of my simulator and my simulator isn't in control of me..   Well that's not true in one respect.. My simulator is now keeping me from getting as much sleep as I once did..   :lol:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Not quite sure why this post was voted negatively, because it is an honest assessment of the reality of the situation.

It could be this part of his post ... "Only a FOOL would think otherwise."

Kinda narcissistic of him I thought .... :rolleyes:

Still FSX mostly, so far I've used Prepar3d V2 mainly to make sure my scenery products are compatible with it. 

Probably I will move to use P3D as my main sim when update 2.1 arrives and PMDG has made their 737 and 777 for it... 

100% FSX. Puked P3DV2 from system. Good middens. Soon to be the future of flight simming "hobby" X-Plane user also

99% P3D v2. FSX is used only to install addons.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Same completely gone over to P3D v2 now. Most addons fine, AA seems ok after fiddling around with the nvidia inspector settings. No stutters and good performance. Clouds look amazing but a huge performance hit which is my major gripe along with the fact FSPassengersX doesn't work!

I switch between FSX dx9, dx10, and P3Dv2, and for the moment I keep returning to FSX dx9. But a year from now, who knows?

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

100% P3Dv2 for me. Bought a new system and loaded P3D and never looked back. My FSX (part of it) is on my old system. Transfuring stuff (aircraft) from it to P3D.

Regards

Lamar Wright

95% FS9 when flying around in tubes.  :dirol:

P3Dv2 when flying GA. As more flying tubes become more avail., I will be moving over. 

Just a lowly FS9'er.