Sign in to follow this  

Well, at least one dev is waking up... (or is it retreating...?)

It just might be that this is not the right hobby for you. There is still time to ask Santa for a new xBox.

We'll I guess you

Ask all the fan-boys to make a 20 minutes vid of their P3D V2.0 with all their working add on, with good AA, no image tearing with a solid 30FPS, lets see how many will answer the call....as you said, who ever bought it are beta testing it right now, trying to find work around to make it work....is it the way it's suppose to be?

What is so hard to understand that P3D V2.0 with all the bugs reported and 95% of add on not working  "WAS NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME (RELEASE)...."

There is nothing particularly wrong with P3D v2 seems no more buggy than FSX and in fact from what I've seen it has less graphical bugs.  My gripe is I can't use the couple of Add-ons I bought for FSX and won't be buying it until they become available, If the developers try and charge again for these just to install again I won't be pleased, having said that the weather scenery supplier already charges to install into the V1 version of P3D.

I would love to change/try X Plane but I simply can´t afford 2 simming platforms.

I had been clamoring to try XP 10 and finally did.  In all fairness I DID NOT give it a very good try, but wow I was not impressed compared to P3DV2.  Someone could take me to task for not giving it a more complete test w/ add ons and so forth, but I just wasn't impressed enough to spend the time.  I guess i can say first impressions to matter and it wasn't quite there for me.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Ask all the fan-boys to make a 20 minutes vid of their P3D V2.0 with all their working add on, with good AA, no image tearing with a solid 30FPS, lets see how many will answer the call....as you said, who ever bought it are beta testing it right now, trying to find work around to make it work....is it the way it's suppose to be?

What is so hard to understand that P3D V2.0 with all the bugs reported and 95% of add on not working  "WAS NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME (RELEASE)...."

I know that you would like to be right just one time but again....wrong. Prepar3D seems to be working just as LM expected. It is just not working well with FSX add ons. Duh!! It is like saying Chevy should not release a new Car until it can be fixed using all Ford parts. Pick another subject to try. Some day you will actually be right about something because after all, "Sometimes even a blind hog finds a nut".

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

No fans or young supporters here, first of all because that time has been over for thirty years now. Second: because I also have FSX, P3D 1.4 and X-Plane X (I also bought all previous versions up to XP3), and I have fun with all of them. Third: because I do research for a living, a field in which fans can only do damage. Huge damage.

@RWFeldman: who are you to say that I am seeing things? Do you want to forbid me being happy with P3D2? And why? 

@alainneedle1: please send ME a 20 minutes video in which P3D2 is NOT performing the way I describe on MY rig with MY settings. I need prove nothing, right?

Re: addons: I am only using FTXG, A2A 172, FlyTampa St Marteen and a bunch of freeware sceneries. Am I allowed to be happy with this and have fun? Am I allowed to write about it on a public forum? Thank'you.

In brief: last week I was not happy at all, so I started studying , erased everything and started from scratch. Now I have a good setup, it runs well and I am ok with it.

Just fly FSX or X-Plane 10 until LM and third-parties sort their stuff out, simples! :)

Prepar3D seems to be working just as LM expected.

Did Lockheed Martin expect the full throttle bug and need to reinstall twice because of a black screen and no menu bar that I've experienced with Prepar3D out-of-the-box?

Did Lockheed Martin expect the full throttle bug and need to reinstall twice because of a black screen and no menu bar that I've experienced with Prepar3D out-of-the-box?

In a way, yes,

P3D isn't meant to be loaded from a "start screen" with menus etc.

It is meant to be loaded via custom scenarios tailored to the specific training needs of the client.

As has already been stated, ESP doesn't even have a start up menu screen or anything of the sort. It would serve very little purpose for it's intended use. The start screen and situation we see now was a last minute concession to the beta test team that pushed for it.

Regards,

Brian Doney

In a way, yes,

P3D isn't meant to be loaded from a "start screen" with menus etc.

It is meant to be loaded via custom scenarios tailored to the specific training needs of the client.

As has already been stated, ESP doesn't even have a start up menu screen or anything of the sort. It would serve very little purpose for it's intended use. The start screen and situation we see now was a last minute concession to the beta test team that pushed for it.

So, if we do load it from the provided start screen and it crashes that's OK and not a bug?

I downloaded Prepar3D, not ESP so the comparison is irrelevant.

What the beta team pushed for is also irrelevant. It was Lockheed Martin who chose to release Prepar3D in it's present state.

Gerry,

The point goes sailing right over your head...again.

It's "present state" works mostly fine for it's intended use. Any issues that arise from trying to use P3D as Microsoft Flight Simulator, are the result of you trying to use P3D as Microsoft Flight Simulator. Now that's not to say that concessions can't/won't/haven't already been made, but LM are under absolutely no obligation to do so. 

They are not building this sim as a "start it up and browse through your addons and see what you want to fly today" sim.

They are not builiding this sim for the casual enthusiast. The things you are complaining about do not apply for the sims intended purpose , and that is likely to remain true. If you can't abide that, well, then I suggest that P3D is not for you.

It is not intended as a Microsoft Flight Simulator replacement. The fact that it can mostly be used as such in an shape or form is lucky for us.

The sooner some people get that through their heads, the more they might actually be able to appreciate what P3D is. 

Regards,

Brian Doney

The point goes sailing right over your head...again.

And you are wrong again!

I am using Prepar3D as provided by Lockheed Martin with no add-ons and  using the features/facilities provided by Lockheed Martin.  When I do so It crashes.

That is a bug - end of story.

And you are wrong again!

I am using Prepar3D as provided by Lockheed Martin with no add-ons and  using the features/facilities provided by Lockheed Martin.  When I do so It crashes.

That is a bug - end of story.

As am I, and haven't crashed once.

So other than nonsensical anecdotes, do you have anything else to add ?

P3D2 is far from perfect, even for it's intended purpose there are certainly bugs that need fixing. You, and many others however, approach the topic as if P3D2 was in any way designed for the ways you are trying to use it.

The fact that they put any effort in to trying to resolve some of the issues discussed here is to their credit. I certainly wouldn't, especially considering how few seem to be able to communicate the issues they are having in an adult manner. 

We are tagging along for the ride, and are lucky to have the opportunity. If you expect anything different, then it is your expectations that are out of place.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Until they actually provide solutions, I will not give them any kudos for it. Words are easy, coding is hard!

I have no idea what P3D will look like in a year. I hope (and actually believe) it will be great. We are all hoping that, because it is the future.

I'm not upset that FSX add-ons don't always work. I was hoping that P3D would be MORE different from FSX, not less than it is. I just don't see that much difference right now (and I know that some others do), but that is just me of course.

I am a little disappointed that they have left so much of the heavy lifting to 3rd party developers (ATC, weather, scenery, flight models). But it is what it is.

- Bill Magann

Until they actually provide solutions, I will not give them any kudos for it. Words are easy, coding is hard!

I have no idea what P3D will look like in a year. I hope (and actually believe) it will be great. We are all hoping that, because it is the future.

I'm not upset that FSX add-ons don't always work. I was hoping that P3D would be MORE different from FSX, not less than it is. I just don't see that much difference right now (and I know that some others do), but that is just me of course.

I am a little disappointed that they have left so much of the heavy lifting to 3rd party developers (ATC, weather, scenery, flight models). But it is what it is.

It sounds like XPlane is the way to go for you then. Have you given it a go?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 4

I have owned every version of Xplane since 1997! lol I love the flight models, but not the view.

- Bill Magann

I have owned every version of Xplane since 1997! lol I love the flight models, but not the view.

lol ..... Its hard to find the perfect woman !

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 4