Sign in to follow this  

Well, at least one dev is waking up... (or is it retreating...?)

I dunno, I haven't read the boards in a few months because I've been busy, so I don't know what he or anybody else said. Does it matter?

On the actual subject of the post: I've seen little niggling issues with the majority of the FSX add-ons I've installed into P3Dv2. V2 is very clearly a huge upgrade to FSX (my visuals and performance completely blow it away), but some stuff works differently. Will there be enough of a P3D market for devs to build add-ons specifically for it going forward?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well, I didn't start this topic to give everyone (yet) a(nother) opportunity to start bashing Orbx. ^_^ Orbx is the first dev I know that (finally) acknowledges things are different with P3D. So that's a good thing. The main point of my post was this: "However, this really makes me wonder what they (and other devs) have been doing the last few months. Or maybe I should say why LM apparently didn't communicate very well with the 3PD's." Obviously the additional information about 'back peddling', which is indeed a better word for it, sort of invited everyone to start making remarks about Orbx :rolleyes: but again, that was not my intent. There are more devs who took things too lightly.

What was my intent, did you read something from me where I was bashing Orbx in this thread?

I can see one common thread in all this. The overly optimistic sentiment by Orbx, and the many including myself that were drawn in in conjuction with LMs pre release showcase, goes to show how much we are craving for a new sim. Something to move on from FSX which while has served well all these years despite frustrations, its time to advance. The demand is clearly there, but not something that just shows up. 

We believed Orbx because of thier reputation. I cant wait to fly in P3DV2 but right now there isnt a whole lot useable even though the default holds alot of promise, but give it a few months and see where we are at. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Are any of these complainers actual developers.  Of software, web pages, anything?

Progress is ALWAYS bumpy.  You're all early adapters, ADAPT.

(Warning: Not Suitable For Work) [YouTube video link removed]

Edited by firehawk44
link to video was removed as it was linked to inappropriate language

The road to 64bit will be even bumpier I'd bet.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Are any of these complainers actual developers.  Of software, web pages, anything?

(Warning: Not Suitable For Work)

That is just perfect. It sounds some much like AVSIM posters.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Total speculation, with no knowledge whatsoever, and complete ignorance of the real truth, but I bet 64 bit comes in v3. It seems to be a low priority for LM at the moment.

- Bill Magann

Please explain to us what exactly 64 bit will do for us and how it works?

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

(Warning: Not Suitable For Work)

I've developed software commercially which didn't go out of the door in the same state as v2.0.

Also, I'm not an adapter - I'm a paying customer.

As a developer and one who makes stuff all the time, I know better than to buy any product that is "first of" or "first batch", unless I'm one of those willing to work with the manufacturer/developer to make it better.  I never buy a car model the first year it comes out.   I only do this when my desire for a product is strong enough that I'm not concerned with dealing with "first of" or "first batch" issues.  That is just the way the world is.   To expect better than 80/20 just seems ... like a high maintenance barbie, and about as experienced with the real world as she is.

I've never seen a worthwhile product come out like baby *******.  From the Moonshot to Windows 8, they all have a story.  If you're on a site like Avsim, you're gonna be part of that story for P3D2, Active Solar Winds, and Orbix World Domination Scenery (these companies have worthy goals and we should be encouraging).   I don't like to waste my precious little mind whining, not just that it's not an attractive lifestyle.   I have better things to do, like being encouraging so my waitress doesn't put boogers in my soup.

Hmmnnn.  Baby Christmas child?

Probably not. Virtually no 3rd party add on that works in P3d2 now will work in 64 bit. No user will be able to manually  "port" stuff, because 32 bit add-ons won't run at all (that is unless LM uses a helper program, which will just make everything messy again.)

Let me quote myself for once...

Well, while the devs are waking up, I might as well put flightsimming to sleep, for a while at least... I reinstalled P3D this afternoon because I decided that I'd be better off with P3D default, without any addons. I just started a flight from KJFK up north and suddenly somehow I got autogen constantly popping up in blocks in the distance... It's nothing like the first time I flew there when I couldn't see any popup at all. It's so obvious now that it's really utterly annoying. I remember someone posting he got similar problems after a reinstall of P3D but I can't find that post and I'm not entirely sure. What I am sure of is that after the roller coaster ride during the last few weeks, this is one ride too many. I think it's time to leave P3D alone for a while and go play some games or watch some movies...

You know that the only reason you got into this was for the pain. ;)

If you like your add on you can keep your add on...

If you like your developer you can keep your developer...

Where have I heard something like that...hummmm...was that from simcare? 

Just messing with you all...

Virtually no 3rd party add on that works in P3d2 now will work in 64 bit. No user will be able to manually  "port" stuff,

I don't understand this.  Do you mean that no bgl file will work in P3D 64?  What is in a current bgl file that will keep them from working?  Is the API going to be that radically different, a completely different naming convention, that no current API calls will function in any way?  None of that makes any sense to me.