Sign in to follow this  

Reassuring little bit of news

@ Tom: Time for an Alain Needle specific forum entitled "Why I hate Orbx and P3D" !!! ?????

Give it a rest please. You sound like a broken gramophone, repeating yourself, time after time after time. Please, keep away from J van E's thread that he restarted, or in the very least - add something new and refreshing. (Watering Can at the ready).

Your guess is as good as mine, if I had to guess I would say that there is less peoples complaining on P3D forum for the same reasons that there is less complaints about Orbx products on their own forum compare to Avsim's forum....just a guess.

My guess is that like Orbx, P3D and LM are not interested in all the expert input from folks that do not even own the software. If there is a problem folks let them know and them give them time to fix those products.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

@ Tom: Time for an Alain Needle specific forum entitled "Why I hate Orbx and P3D" !!! ?????

Give it a rest please. You sound like a broken gramophone, repeating yourself, time after time after time. Please, keep away from J van E's thread that he restarted, or in the very least - add something new and refreshing. (Watering Can at the ready).

^^^ This. I've ignored him for months..  I completely get his points but after the 9,000th time of repeating it and self congratulating himself he's becoming the primary focus of nearly any relevant discussion 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

??

really

I have NEVER seen any lasting satisfaction here

maybe a few hours after release of an upgrade/update/fix everyone is all giddy, then the next day it all restarts from negativity

:wacko:

Those of us who are satisfied are flying, not posting. Thus the bias you see in posting perspective.

Your guess is as good as mine, if I had to guess I would say that there is less peoples complaining on P3D forum for the same reasons that there is less complaints about Orbx products on their own forum compare to Avsim's forum....just a guess.

Well, since we're guessing, I would say that most of people that bought P3d2 who post over to the official forum, bought the app for training purposes, whereas there are a small number of vocal people at AVSim who bought the app to see if their high end hardware could max out all the new eye candy settings in P3d2. Pushing even a high end system to the limit probably exposes more programming flaws and these people are upset that their goal of flight sim nirvana was not met instantaneously.

I purchased XP10 almost since its initial release and I never thought of tweaking or fiddling with it. I bought P3d 1.x a bit later and although I did initially mess around with the CFG settings, I realized that most them did little or nothing except increase instability in the sim. On the other hand, FSX has been a non-stop tweak fest for the last two or three years, just to keep it from going to ground every ten minutes. The alternative is to dumb down all the settings in exchange for a stable app.

And P3d2? I ran it without any 3rd party add-ons for a couple days with no problems. I started with below the default settings and tuned upward. Then I added only add-ons that either were designed for P3d2 or those that had been tested enough by other people to demonstrate that they worked. And guess what, no problems. And if I want to be able to turn up any additional sliders to the max, I am resigned to having to buy a new high end GPU and maybe more.

My guess is that like Orbx, P3D and LM are not interested in all the expert input from folks that do not even own the software. If there is a problem folks let them know and them give them time to fix those products.

+1

I've reported several bugs at official forum like start menu crash, installer error, flight loading problem, non-english OS problem from day one. It seems I've experienced all major bugs of initial release. I feel like a beta team member rather than a customer (lol). Anyway, I believe release of 2.1 or 2.05 is fairly soon.

Well, since we're guessing, I would say that most of people that bought P3d2 who post over to the official forum, bought the app for training purposes,

I think it's more likely that those who intended to use Prepar3d for serious commercial training didn't buy licences over the internet and aren't seeking advice in the forums.

Companies setting up  training facilities requiring multiple licences, students' and instructors' positions,  staff, facilities etc will deal with Lockheed Martin direct and be prepared to pay for a support contract as well.  They will deal with Lockheed Martin direct. 

I think whoever told the Fed Health Dept. " The new Healthcare website is ready to go" got fired and re hired by LM.

Dense autogen in P3D2 = maximum autogen in FSX

I've read similar remarks before but when I look at P3D and FSX I see LESS autogen, certainly near the airplane. There is MORE autogen to be seen in the distance, but the DENSITY isn't higher than it is in FSX. It's equal or even lower. 

I think it's more likely that those who intended to use Prepar3d for serious commercial training didn't buy licences over the internet and aren't seeking advice in the forums.

Companies setting up training facilities requiring multiple licences, students' and instructors' positions, staff, facilities etc will deal with Lockheed Martin direct and be prepared to pay for a support contract as well. They will deal with Lockheed Martin direct.

You define training more narrowly than I do. There are both trainers and trainees. I think that the person who posted further up in this thread said it best. Most people are just interested in simulating the piloting experience, rather than tinkering with settings. There are a lot more tinkerers here.

Guys, my comments above were NOT to talk negatively about LM or Orbx, I was making a comparison with the amount of peoples visiting Avsim's forums compare to LM and Orbx, from there the amount of complaints about their products here....

nunchaku-1.gif

I think whoever told the Fed Health Dept. " The new Healthcare website is ready to go" got fired and re hired by LM.

Now Dude!! That is just cold blooded!! LOL

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

You define training more narrowly than I do.

No I didn't. I   referred to "serious commercial training" which is totally different to "simulating the piloting experience."

I love the difference between 'small' and 'myriad'.  :lol:

:lol: :lol:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip