Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

Hi Bjoern,

OK - thanks - I thought I did but let me try it again to make sure... I noticed the AOA gauge wasn't working as well - probably all just P3D stuff...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Here's a new release of the mods. Nothing new in terms of features, just some organizational changes. So if you've got everything up and running, you don't have to upgrade.

- Incorporated elevator trim beep (no ther mods needed anymore)

- The aircraft save file name is now generated from its title (see aircraft.cfg)

- Includes v5.2.3 of DSD_XML_Sound.gau (previous version was v5.2.0)

- The cockpit sound mod is handled differently now (a copy in each "panel" folder instead of "Gauges", will make .ini path issues less likely)

- Includes a new .ini file for use with LZamm's EHSI

- Some documentation changes

Download, as usual:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMa3V1SWZtcUJLWFE/view?usp=sharing

• Upvote 2

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Hi Bjoern, i downloaded the last version of your magical mods, the trim sounds (beep beep) dont work, and the archive .wav that in your instructions said that now its incorporated its not in the copckpit directory...... i am doing something wrong?

Redgars

RB

Hello everyone ,

I am new to avsim comunity  and to the simulation world. I fly the metroliner in really life for a compagny call Skycare in Sioux look out, northen Ontario. we do medevac. Just wanted to say that it is much easier for me to fly the real plane then to play with the simulator . The reason been that I have no sufficient knowledge in computation to do even the basic thing like instaling the razbam metroliner on my P3D. So yes I would accept any help possible.  Hope to know some of you and be able to give you more info regarding the operation of the real plane...

Regards

Joseph

• Upvote 1

wonder if razbam will update MM3SM.dll for p3dv4 x64...

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

On 6/11/2017 at 5:54 PM, kdfw__ said:

wonder if razbam will update MM3SM.dll for p3dv4 x64...

I doubt it since they've been too quiet about anything regarding their line of MSFS aircraft.

Hi Folks,

Yeah - seems they are pretty active in DCS now - I don't really expect them to come back... I never could get the plane working properly in V3 though but I picked it up cheap so I can't complain too much...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi All 2nd post :biggrin:.

Yeap well for me it's something special since I never participated in any forum. But i think this one is worth it because of the passion that most people here share. Plus the rich information there is. Thanks for sharing it is really appreciated.

So here is a little update about my new experience with simulator.  Well i'm up an flying !!!  

A young new hire pilot in the company help me set the metroliner on fsx. We also installed the chieftain and the flight 1 gns 530. (In the company we have Metros and Navajos).

I am surprise that almost all the new young pilot i have talked to have a surprising amount of flight time on simulators.  It sure make a difference in the plane. 

The company has an old simulator wich consisted of a navajo cockpit that was cut and put in a small closed trailler . It was just sitting there for 4 years. It must be like 10-15 years old. So we made it work last week.... Completly obsolete.

I think its running on X-plane. One computer run the simulator and another one run the scenery that is projected in front of the cockpit (on the back door of the trailler). 

I hope to be able to change the computers, the hardwares  and give it a second life so the new pilots can train on it.

My boss would like to do the same thing for the metro. Cut the front of a metro and do a simulator with. That is a monster project... 

We will start with the navajo then will see...  I'll keep you posted.  Any suggestion or help is welcome.

Regards 

Joseph

After a prompt from another user, I've looked at the MM3SM.dll and I think I got a good impression of the magic going on in there. Well, it isn't exactly magic since most of the XML variables are plainly visible when looking at the module with a hex editor, it's just most of the interactions between them that got lost in the decoding.

Most variables deal with the electrical system, some handle engine related stuff (startup, start locks, CAWI, SRL), some the pressurization system, some are for writing the load manager data to FSX' payload stations and some others. And it looks as if the Metro was slated to receive operable circuit breakers at one point (or a dev simply took things very accurately).

Running the Metro without the dll and with some of its electrical code from the dll in an XML gauge, I managed to get most of the electrical power working again.

After way too much experimentation, I also found out what makes the startup so docile and how the start locks work. The CAWI also isn't much of a mystery. Still need to figure out the exact effect of the SRL system though (I guess it just limits ITT).

The payload manager is basically a no-brainer.

This is all in its very early stages since I need to recreate the interaction between cockpit controls, the variables and the aircraft systems. And I'm keeping this low priority due to a lack of time and other things.

Yet, so far it seems possible to replace the .dll with XML code and use XMLTools to write directly to the FSX variables. Therefor, the bird might have a future in 64bit sims at all.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Bjoern said:

. Therefor, the bird might have a future in 64bit sims at all.

Oh man..you'd be a hero among us if you could manage to get this square peg into the round hole that is P3D v4. The Metro is a really awesome plane and I'd love to see it "alive" in v4... Good luck!

BeachAV8R

would be great if we can get the sewer pipe flying on v4.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

I need a diagram for or at least some info about the electrical system, otherwise it'll be assumptions.

As far as I understand:

• Left essential bus: Powered by left generator bus or battery bus (right generator bus if bus tie is engaged)
  • Right essential bus: Powered by right generator bus or battery bus (left generator bus if bus tie engaged)
  • Non essential bus: Powered by ??? or ??? (??? bus if bus tie is engaged)
  • Some subsystems (e.g. pilot flight instrumentation, windshield heat) powered by left or right essential bus with switches to assign each individual component to either the left or right essential bus
  • Items using AC: RMI, ADI
  • Items using DC: Rest
  • Generator bus overload trip: 325 amps
  • Engine start voltage while on battery power: >22V
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ukplane1 said:

140k + views

Most of those views are from me looking to see if the topic needs to be closed or not....

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10