Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

Not possible since they're hardcoded in the model.

My only gripe is that their placement, especially of the recognition and landing lights, is a bit sub optimal.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Just involuntarily tested the engine-out handling of the Metro since MIT threw a full blown engine fire at me while intercepting the localizer.

Took me three seconds to extinguish and feather and a minute to get used to the huge additional roll moment. Was too busy to trim and settled for some control column wrestling instead. Managed to stay well near the glideslope and landed a bit fast (Vref + 5) to have some safety margin. Fortunately, the airport was in the cooler parts of the world with a jet-sized runway, otherwise a go-around would have been really, really interesting. MIT showed 150 ft/min at touchdown, which is on the light side. Taxiing to the ramp took some effort to stay on track (thank you, NWS). But I made it down in one piece. Bloody engine. Still was at 95% health.

You may call me Acey McAceface now. Occupation: Damn best pilot south of the Yukon and west of the Mississippi.

• Upvote 1

I've published a new version of the mod package.

The 2D panel popup mod previously mentioned is now integrated and features additional cockpit lighting controls, which should avoid the annoying dive for the bottom of the console.

Users of the load/save module should add the "Metro_IIIC" folder to the "panel" folder(s) as it contains an edited version of the RM3_SYSTEM.xml gauge with disabled auto-initialization for some switches. This should make loading a panel state more reliable as only the switch configuration from the save file is used.

Other than that, just a few tweaks to the NWS logic in RM3_Custom_BK.xml in an attempt to stop the NWS-related annunciator lights from flickering. It seems slightly better now, but still no cigar.

The download link is, as usual:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMa3V1SWZtcUJLWFE/view?usp=sharing

• Upvote 1

Thank you!

Cheers,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Hi All

I trust you will know the answer to my queries:

Can you put a Reality 430 into this plane or only 530 is compatible?

Is there a way to dim RXP530 display?

Cheers

Csaba

Hell

You can't put any third party gauges into the cockpit.

o

Thanks, I have the 530 in the cockpit, but it is too big. The 430 would suffice just perfectly.

you can install the rxp530 in place of the radar gauge.  still need to pop up the 2d gauge to operate the thing. 

see http://www.avsim.com/topic/429877-razbam-metroliner-released/page-26#entry3143618

xpNDd.jpg

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Hello

I have bought a GTN760, and started using it with the Metro. All huny dory, except for the fact that COM1 cannot for the life of me be controlled by the GTN, and even the aircraft's own radio set (1) is disabled. Only COM2 set is functional. Do you know why this is happening?

In addition, the situation is further worsened by the "com bug" where certain frequencies cannot be dialed in. Has it been fixed yet, or maybe there is a workaround for it?

Thanks a million as usual

Csaba

Had an OOM error on a short 150 nm flight into PDX today. Ignored the popups and managed to land somewhere between the taxi signs on the blurry ground.

Still, the incident and the previous flight, which was a very close call as well, was enough to tackle the Metro's VAS hogging. With the help of TextureManager, I've cut all shared textures mercilessly into half their size, decreasing the initially loaded total (shared+livery) texture size from 205 to around 65 MBytes.There should be considerable savings over the course of a flight since FSX clones objects' materials, including textures, for animations. And those are really numerous in the cockpit.

Fingers crossed though.

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if Bjoern's fine work plays nice in P3D ? I've loaded the plane a few times - tried to adjust the load out on the load out screen  - default way too heavy - yet none of the values seem changeable - of course I can change the values by going into the P3D menu system to change it...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

If the weigths can't be changed, it's the Metroliners fault, not mine. Do you have all legacy SimConnect versions installed?