Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

Depends on what you mean by that Bjoern.  The AP "fix" is really just a replacement for the one provided by Razbam, working the same way except with a bit more functionality and (imo) a nicer display.

The autopilot has VS buttons that work once alt arm is selected, whether on the autopilot itself or on the altitude selector. And setting the default vertical speed to zero in the aircraft.cfg as suggested by David :) does result in more realistic behaviour.

Okay.

I was a bit turned off by the fixed VS setting in the original AP.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

picked up the sewer pipe for 10 bux.  good out of the box, now mod time with bjorm's mods.  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Love the new AP, thank you. Having an odd problem with the new EHSI though.  It's is installed in FSX/gauges on the pilot's side, while the copilot's gauge remains original. I'm finding the pilot's NAV1 and ADF pointers are off by many degrees compared to both the copilot's gauge (which points correctly), and what I can see the proper direction is in FS Commander's moving map.  However, the NAV1 course selector seems to be tracking accurately. I can't imagine how this could crop up at all, if both gauges are 'reading' the same navigation source..

Hans Soule

Something like this perhaps?

Drop the CAB file into the gauges or panel folder and edit panel.cfg:

[Window02]

Background_color=0,0,0

window_pos  = 0.000, 0.000

size_mm     = 400,120

visible     = 0

ident       = MISC_POPUP_2

gauge00     = LZ_AP!KAP140,           0,0,400, 120

Just downloaded the cab file and installed OK, but how do you turn it on? Thanks guys, John

Love the new AP, thank you. Having an odd problem with the new EHSI though.  It's is installed in FSX/gauges on the pilot's side, while the copilot's gauge remains original. I'm finding the pilot's NAV1 and ADF pointers are off by many degrees compared to both the copilot's gauge (which points correctly), and what I can see the proper direction is in FS Commander's moving map.  However, the NAV1 course selector seems to be tracking accurately. I can't imagine how this could crop up at all, if both gauges are 'reading' the same navigation source..

Noticed this straight away as well. Tuned to an NDB at departure point and tracking on the NDB away from the aerodrome the needle was pointing 180 degrees in the opposite direction. I then did a 90 degree turn and the needle was pointing in the general direction but off by 45 or so degrees.

I took off again and took a screenshot about 30 seconds after take off of the ADF needle and my current position on the FSX map.

pES8L88.pngtI40poF.png

Having an odd problem with the new EHSI though.

Sorry about that - silly copy/paste errors in both cases. I had tidied up the code a bit and obviously didn't test it well enough afterwards.

Updated files here

The EHSI now provides a rudimentary TCAS if Arne Bartels' TrafficRadar is not installed, and I've also taken the opportunity to bundle the autopilot in the same cab file.

Thanks for your feedback, and happy Christmas to all.

ust downloaded the cab file and installed OK, but how do you turn it on? Thanks guys, John

Shift-3 for the popup.  It replaces the standard Razbam autopilot control.

Hello,

Just treated myself to the Razbam Metroliner. However, I cannot locate the SAS system switches. I've looked to the left of the of the fuel flow/crossfeed indicators but no luck. Anyway additional insight/help to locate them would be appreciated.

Greg

Hello,

Just treated myself to the Razbam Metroliner. However, I cannot locate the SAS system switches. I've looked to the left of the of the fuel flow/crossfeed indicators but no luck. Anyway additional insight/help to locate them would be appreciated.

Greg

HI Greg, the manual is located in your Documents folder..."Figure 12" is a nice  Pic of the location..              Rick

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

Hello,

Greg

The SAS switches are on the glareshield, right above the warning light panel.   When they're not turned on, they're completely black, so you wouldn't know they were the SAS switches.    Press the dark black button at the top and bottom and you'll turn on both SAS units.

late to the metroliner party, this is one great model.

with mods available here, it's even better.  thanks to bjoern for the mods and izamm's great ehsi, awsome. 

presently refreshing some of the textures, one below has bare metal around windows (like the real thing), defined door openings, and the 'fat tire' was fixed with a larger wheel.

65H8p.jpg

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Shift-3 for the popup.  It replaces the standard Razbam autopilot control.

Thanks Izamm. I can get the GPS to pop up with shift 3 but I cannot the gps unit to turn on. I click on it but nothing happens. Anyone?

Thanks

Thanks Izamm. I can get the GPS to pop up with shift 3 but I cannot the gps unit to turn on. I click on it but nothing happens. Anyone?

Thanks

Scroll your mouse wheel 'upwards' while over the small round knob on the left, on the GPS.