Sign in to follow this  
T1492

Head Movement / Shake Effect - Easiest way?

hello,

i have been using FSX for about 1.5 years but I only just installed FS9 yesterday.

so I am completely new to the old platform.  (FS9)

once thing I am really missing in FS9 is the opus head shaking effects.   English is not my first language so i dont know how to describe it well but i am talking of the camera shaking effect in opus; especially during take off landing and taxi.

at the moment FS9 is just too static for me.   :(

so my question is can anyone tell me if anything at all exists for fs9 that will give the same head movement (or camera shaking) effect.

i would like it to be as simple as possible.   hopefully not like opus with many other features (if possible) but just the camera effect.

thanks you very much in advance.

As far as I know yes, Active Camera is the only utility that provided this effect in FS9, as Jim has suggested.

I have no experience with it personally, so I cannot comment on how it compares with Opus.

Regards,

Brian Doney

oh thank you that looks exactly what I was looking for.        i wont expect it to be as advanced as opus but any camera shake or aircraft movement will be great compared to the current stillness.

thank you i will look at this and almost certainly buy it.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Welcome New Members!" to "The FS2004 (FS9) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I have been a long time user of Active Camera. It is a great utility with view presets and the camera shake effect is great too, the shake effect is very different than OPUS because OPUS 'shakes' the translational XYZ axes, so you observe ONLY the cockpit shake up and down,  while Active camera, has the ability to shake pitch axes, so you see the whole view to shakes - like shaking your head. 

Check this video - I hope the link works. The first part is OPUS the second is Active Camera - watch the top of the mountains against your monitor edge.,.

And a warning, AC unfortunately doesn't work in 64-bit windows - google it around.

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////

It is definitely possible to build the effect into FS9 aircraft, as Real Air Simulations did so with their FS9 Spitfire XIV. It is excellent. A few years ago there was a freeware utility that allowed you to add it to any aircraft but it disappeared from the web and I suspect it may have been removed for commercial reasons. Rob Young of RAS is a great guy and might be willing to release the tools to create the effect if he was asked by the right person....

Cheers

Ian

I use Active Camera in a 64 bit copy of Window 7 and I have never had any problems. I do not know what problems others may or may not have reported. I would never fly in FS9 without Active Camera... it is the first thing I install everytime... even when I am creating an otherwise stock debug install...

I'm interested to hear what parameters you changed - can you show us the actual cfg entries? This is an intriguing idea and something I would also like to try

Cheers

Ian

Play around with it and see what you like. Small aircfraft will bounce all over the place!

Nice! Are there recommended FSUIPC settings fitting with these fs9.cfg settings?

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg