Sign in to follow this  
Kattz

Just a note before all the ruckus starts HERE regarding Vector

All I know is that my configuration looks excellent.  And thanks to having my head slammed against the wall by other users here at AVSIM when they felt I didn't RTFM enough, this time I RTFM first.

The way posters here and at Orbx forums talk to and about the company, I'm surprised JV is as polite as he is.  I would probably act the same way.

I made the point on another thread (locked!) that Orbx could produce a xxxxx and it would sell. And this is half the problem; their (deserved) success means that some people will simply buy anything from them on day one with absolutely zero knowledge of whether it is suitable for them or not.

Very true. But the other side of that coin is that if tomorrow it was announced that Orbx had discovered a cure for cancer and JV had brokered peace in the Middle East, you'd still see half a dozen threads popping up on Avsim telling everyone JV is the Antichrist.

I've been around here long enough to know that whenever Orbx release something the discussion very rapidly takes a major detour away from the actual product and ends up being all about what some people here think about JV.

It's getting really, really old now.

Hi, my apologies for my detestable english. everything software has a more or less complicated development in which the bugs are always the order of the day and depending on the project and its design faults always escaping unfortunately .
Orbx is a benchmark of how simulation makes soft and particularly in demonstrating that quality fsx techniques fsx constraints have been resolved and optimizing performance ... not only in equipment machines overclock if not very, very modest.
Orbx in conception does not have any competition , if any level FlyTampa airports , forgive the comparison example and customer service in tampa steve is very familiar to all regardless of the value of the product purchased .
What made the ceo mr Mr Venema could simply describe how you should never treat a customer that uses and supports its products, and should know that it is a human person with its successes and shortcomings, and that should not sr venema of I repeating it .
Worth a ejj peers have left off fires , everyone knows the disastrous effect of the head comment .
So this year I recommend patience and never wish to see a deplorable user of their products , because, Orbx deserves credit for his honest work but must be patient with bugs or reviews of trade policies with pilots .
Thank you very much

But as Ron says, the same people have been banging the same drum for about two years now. JV hasn't changed because he doesn't give a toss, and Orbx haven't crashed and burned because all their customers left them in disgust.

Is it really so hard to just enjoy the hobby we are all supposed to be here to share our interest and enthusiasm in - instead of trying to poison the Orbx well for everybody else?

Sums it up perfectly. Same old same old. Meantime Orbx's customer base grows ever larger and we continue to release more products despite the drum-beaters seemingly wanting us to fail. VECTOR is a stunning sales success and we're very pleased that a large percentage of FTXG customers have also purchased VECTOR.

Meantime VECTOR V1.1 is being worked on and should be released mid-January. If people had bothered to read the User Guide they would have understood our thinking behind VECTOR, that is has warts and will continue to improve over time.

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

Don't be such a drama queen. No sensible minor-interest hobbyist wants quality vendors, including you, to fail. They just need you to clearly state in your marketing that a product needs an extra add-on to function satisfactorily.

When you neglect to do that what the sensible minor-interest hobbyists certainly don't want is for you to tell them 'STFU, after all you spend $1,000s a year so you've got the money to buy this extra add-on which, if you're serious about this hobby you should have anyway. You've been over-indulged by all the wonderful stuff I've given you in the past, we've sold a shed-load of this product, you think you can do better? We're the Apple of Flight-Sim add-ons.' when they point it out to you.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Actually I prefer oranges  to apples

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Damare, bakayaro.  I think there would be a huge thrashing imminent if you were to call someone like Robert Randazzo a "drama queen".  Just because you assume that everyone doesn't like JV doesn't give you the right to call any of our developers a drama queen.

Sign your post, or can't you follow the TOS?

In the final analysis, it now seems widely acceptable for developers to release less than complete products and the onus is therefore completely on the customer to decide when a particular add on has reached a sufficient stage of maturity to warrant the opening of the wallet.

Unfortunately there is also a culture of buying such software less than a nanosecond after release, then the recriminations, aka early adopter's remorse syndrome, begins, as we have seen.

The only way the situation is going to change is if customers exercise more restraint before buying. Until that happens, we can look forward to low motivation of developers to release completely ready products and the cycle will continue ad nauseum.

Don't be such a drama queen. 

I love Scotch Eggs. I have them with a big blob of mayonnaise and a sprinkling of salt and pepper  :wub:

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

I love Scotch Eggs. I have them with a big blob of mayonnaise and a sprinkling of salt and pepper  :wub:

Hahaha Well done. Good to see there is still a little Aussie humour left (even if you can't play rugby)

Sums it up perfectly. Same old same old. Meantime Orbx's customer base grows ever larger and we continue to release more products despite the drum-beaters seemingly wanting us to fail. VECTOR is a stunning sales success and we're very pleased that a large percentage of FTXG customers have also purchased VECTOR.

Meantime VECTOR V1.1 is being worked on and should be released mid-January. If people had bothered to read the User Guide they would have understood our thinking behind VECTOR, that is has warts and will continue to improve over time.

I didn't say anything over the quality of the product. I really want it to succeed, and I'm sure that it will improve in the future. In fact I'm trying to help, as Bernd is waiting for me to send him some corrected OSM data. But, if you want to be compared to Apple, then you really need to change your attitude towards customers (didn't Tim Cook make a public apology?) and you have to admit that the situation with mesh wasn't made clear enough. Don't expect everyone to go on support forums and look through threads to find out that you need mesh to avoid issues with Vector. It should have been posted as a notice in the product/sale page.

Sign your post, or can't you follow the TOS?

It seems like in your effort to "tell someone of" that you have gotten a bit confused?

There is nothing contained in the Avsim ToS that requires a poster to sign their post. There might be individual sub-forums that can establish their own additional rules, but those rules apply on to that sub-forum.

Do you want to offer an apology to the person you were trying to tell off, Captain???? And a little friendly advice for times in the future that you want to "tell someone off", if you feel someone is straying beyond the bounds of the Avsim ToS please feel free to hit the little Report button shown at the bottom of all posts. That way we don't have to confuse you with Paul Blart, Forum Cop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Blart:_Mall_Cop

Damare, bakayaro.

And if you're going to say "Shut up a#%hole" then have the courage to do it in English so everyone understands :wub:

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea