Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Avsim has become really slow loading

Hi and happy holidays, guys!

Recently I've had big problems loading Avsim pages. I often get "504 service unavailable", especially during the evening (CET). I live in Norway, Europe. I've read on the norwegian flightsim webpage that there are several others who also experience this problem. Is there anything we can do, and are Avsim staff aware of this?

In any case, I wish you all a happy near year, and thanks for making my hobby more interesting!

Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

I'm sure they know about it. Recently, they had put up a NOTAM (if you will) about upgrades and maintenance being performed on their servers. 

However, waiting a few minutes and refreshing the page usually does the job for me.

Same problem here, loading the AVSIM start page takes up to 30 seconds or to be a bit more specific...it's not the loading of the page itself that is slow but rather the response time before the page starts loading.

This is far from the first time I have this issue with AVSIM so hope it will be permanently fixed eventually.

Richard Åsberg

It has been slow for quite a while now, me and others reported this a few months ago with no reply. I get service unavailable page every day now.

Jose De Campos

London

Soooo slow for quite some time. Usually due to - "Waiting for google-analytics.com" before page will load.

Painfully slow here as well.

Browser: Chrome

ISP: Comcast

3209575549.png

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\PSolk>ping avsim.net

Pinging avsim.net [205.252.249.58] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 205.252.249.58: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=55
Reply from 205.252.249.58: bytes=32 time=20ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 205.252.249.58:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 18ms, Maximum = 20ms, Average = 18ms

C:\Users\PSolk>

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Over the last day or two, we have been experimenting with various modules in the system and occasionally we have had to reboot the system. Those have caused 503 errors and at some times, slow performance. We try to keep this type of thing to a minimum, but sometimes modules react differently than what we were lead to expect.

Over the last day or two, we have been experimenting with various modules in the system and occasionally we have had to reboot the system. Those have caused 503 errors and at some times, slow performance. We try to keep this type of thing to a minimum, but sometimes modules react differently than what we were lead to expect.

A couple of options on the main forums page is no longer visible.  'My recently viewed topics' is gone for instance.

EDIT: Nevermind everything is back.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Happy New Year to you Les.

Dave Taylor gb.png

EDIT: Nevermind everything is back.

Yes, we are doing some experimentation and things will disappear and reappear throughout the day, I am sure.

The forum seems very slick today, and not a single 503.. some mornings its taken an hour to get on, and even when you did it was like wading through treacle.

Whatever you've done it seems to be working B) fingers crossed.

Keep up the great work.

The forum seems very slick today, and not a single 503.. some mornings its taken an hour to get on, and even when you did it was like wading through treacle.

Whatever you've done it seems to be working B) fingers crossed.

Keep up the great work.

Wait until the amount of online users reaches 800+.

Wait until the amount of online users reaches 800+.

The thing is, I've been struggling to get on with 400-500 users online. This is the best its been for weeks, even at this time of day (GMT am), so something seems to have changed.