Sign in to follow this  
WotanUK

Anyone with experience of Earth Simulations?

Hi Christopher,

I did initially last year when I had all my issues after an FSX reinstall. It took a week before a reply so, no, I can't really feel inclined.

This is a DVD, for goodness sake. It should be an almost instant installation.

I bought from Flightstore and they thought is could be a corrupted copy and will be sending a new. However, they are aware that ESI installation is not typical and they have offered technical back up if the problem arises again.

Christopher, no other product has a track record like this and I feel a bit hacked off having fallen for it again.

I'll keep this thread posted as to the outcome.

Regards,

Richard.

Hi Richard

I've just happened across your post here, but the first thing I would say to your good self and to anyone else reading is that it is really a good idea to contact us via our support system if you have an issue with any of our products. 

First see that you have the latest version of ESI installed. Version 2.4 available on the helpdesk here . If you have an earlier version please uninstall it via add remove programs before installing the updated one. Close ESI 2.4 once it is installed.

Then open explorer and navigate to your DVD drive with your Guernsey disk inserted. Look inside the "Files" folder and right click on the file named "Guernsey.esi" . Choose the top option " Install ESI-Pack". ESI will start ready to install and should do so without issue.

Kindest regards 

Darren & Vikki

I would dearly love to uninstall ESI but every time I try the message is:-

'There is a problem with this Windows Installer package, The program for this to install completely could not be run. Contact your support personell or package vendor'

So your advice simply to go to add/remove doesn't work. I scratched around on my system to find out where the hell it is but somehow it is embedded. It's not in my registry as CCleaner was run to check.

I do believe you should advise the next step publicly on this thread as there is clearly a problem that others are likely to encounter.

Richard.

Hi Richard

The issue and error message you're describing isn't actually one we've encountered. If it were we'd have at least posted a helpdesk article about it and fixed it going forward. Fortunately the problem you appear to be seeing is isolated. I'll reply as best I can here...but you should note that we do not trawl the flightsim forums looking for customers who are unwilling to contact us directly through our support systems. Afterall that's why we have a support system.

So...Are you able to run a repair of ESI by inserting the disk and running the file called ESI-Setup.exe that you find in the "Files folder" ? Please try that first and if successful continue with the advice above. If not please ( I insist ) open a support ticket with us so that we work with you to find a solution. 

Kind regards

Darren & Vikki

For those following this thread I am going to open a support ticket as advised. However, the problem seems to complex, more so than one would normally expect when purchasing software.

Watch this space.

Richard.

Much to-ing and fro-ing since my last but today ( yes, today) I'm informed by the supplier that there is an issue with the DVD and they have withdrawn the product until the issue is resolved. I've been promised a refund for the time being.

Due to the parlous state of my internet connection downloading would take about 6 hours so, until that is resolved, Guernsey is off my scenery options.

There are no point in expressing my frustrations over the time spent on this.

Richard.

Further to my last  isn't it a shame ,nay, tragedy that GenX by Horizon didn't cover the Channel Isle as well as the British Isles ( including I.O.M!). :huh:

The only tragedy with the Channel Isles to date for me is that ES Jersey has yet to be released. I can't wait for it!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm informed by the supplier that there is an issue with the DVD and they have withdrawn the product until the issue is resolved

I'd just like to point out for the benefit of others reading this thread...that the supplier in this case was NOT Earth Simulations Ltd. All products being bought directly from ourselves are working correctly, whether they be downloads or disk versions of our sceneries. It sounds like a costly mistake during manufacture for them ( and indeed us too) 

I'm sorry to learn Richard that the supplier in question was unable to resolve the problem. For info: Isle of Man is covered by GenX ..though is not anywhere near approaching the detail or quality of the ES version of course.

Yes, and the GenX version of the Isle of Man only uses the default mesh. By the way, for anyone reading this.....ES Isle of Man is quite simply the best scenery package ever in the history of the universe :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'd just like to point out for the benefit of others reading this thread...that the supplier in this case was NOT Earth Simulations Ltd. All products being bought directly from ourselves are working correctly, whether they be downloads or disk versions of our sceneries. It sounds like a costly mistake during manufacture for them ( and indeed us too) 

I'm sorry to learn Richard that the supplier in question was unable to resolve the problem. For info: Isle of Man is covered by GenX ..though is not anywhere near approaching the detail or quality of the ES version of course.

I appreciate what you're saying and I have tried to be discreet as I can regarding the supplier's name but you know who I mean.

It took my phone call today to establish why, after 13 days after posting the product back, what was the outcome of their findings and at this point they offered the

refund. Perhaps you need to follow this up.

Respectfully,

Richard.