Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

FTX Vector worth the price

Check out some rivers with Vector.  With Vector active the Pelly River in the Yukon Territory is gone...missing.

I have Vector disabled in my scenery library until the fix comes out.  I am using Pilots  FS Global Ultimate mesh.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Same with the Chao Phraya river in Bangkok, from Nonthaburi and up north, nothing.

This product was released to fast, endless problems with it, and I don´t like the roads, awful zig-zag over the whole scenery. They need to make a config tool like with UTX, so people can choose what to show, but that´s probably very, very difficult to get, since JV has decided to know what´s best for us all, Amen...

How does one get rid of this thing?

I see no uninstaller for it, disabling it in the scenery works for one entry (ORBX!VECTOR) but trying to remove the one situated far lower in the list (ORBX!VECTOR_AEC) isn't working.

Gives me the following error when I try to remove/uncheck it : 

Area ORBX!VECTOR_AEC is required and cannot be deleted.

The answer is on the FTX forum.

Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX where you will find the scenery.cfg file.

Open this using notepad and look at this entry.

[Area.003]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_AEC
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR_AEC
Layer=3
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

Change it to

[Area.003]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_AEC
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR_AEC
Layer=3
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE

The Required=TRUE entry prevents it being unticked and the Active= entry ticks or unticks the box.

Save your changes, restart FSX and you will see it unticked in the scenery library.

If you wish to re-enable it you can simply tick it again.

If you cannot see your ProgramData folder, you will need to go to your File Explorer view options and select

"Show hidden files, folders and drives".

Regards,

Nick

The answer is on the FTX forum.

Oops. I did do a search on their forum but I guess I missed it.

Thank you

Does FTX Global Vector work with photo real scenery such as MegaSceneryEarth?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Photo scenery over writes all generated scenery, so your photo scenery will remain unchanged.

If you reach a border between photo scenery and generated scenery, you will see that the roads line up very well.

Regards,

Nick.

Thanks Nick,

Being banned from the FTX forum I can't get good information like that you just gave us.

I have my Vector unticked and have reinstalled Ultimate Terrain until they get Vector fixed,

Noel 

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

I have my Vector unticked and have reinstalled Ultimate Terrain until they get Vector fixed

I removed Vector completely from my FSX installation; Orbx FTX Regions and UTX regions covers 99.9% of where I fly and both of these products are miles better than Vector.

I really appreciate the altitude fixes for the airports.  For example, I can fly my PMDG 777 out of Addis Ababa (HAAB) to simulate the high altitude environment.

Also, the landclass, while not 100% accurate, is really good.  I was able to discern among the roads in my neighborhood.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Just a footnote for my particular case, but in p3d v2.1, installing vector dropped my frame rate by about 6 fps (at 5760x1080).. this was confirmed with the fsmark07 test ran over a 45 second duration.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Just a footnote for my particular case, but in p3d v2.1, installing vector dropped my frame rate by about 6 fps (at 5760x1080).. this was confirmed with the fsmark07 test ran over a 45 second duration.

Hmmmm....

I wouldn't think accurate roads , coastlines and rivers would have that much effect?

It's not like Vector is adding a ton of autogen!

Chris Camp