Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Introducing World2XPlane...

Yes sorry, I removed the download link for now. There is a private beta currently being tested by several users (v0.7.1), and Simheaven will likely use this beta to update their sceneries if it works.

The reason the download link was removed is because I want to concentrate on writing software and producing scenery, and not spend all my free time providing support, and as I can't answer every email, people get aggressive and abusive. e.g. Recently somebody sent me a $1 paypal donation and then demanded a Skype session/walkthrough on using the software because he'd paid, I politely refused stating I don't have time, I sent him links to a Youtube video and refunded the $1, that person then became abusive, etc.. This is a constant thing, and it's causing me too much stress, and people forget the software is free, and I'm not obliged to give 24/7 support.

If you don't mind reading instructions, doing research yourself and only asking for support as a last resort (e.g. A bug or genuine question) then send me a PM and I can add you to the beta list, otherwise I'd recommend to wait for Simheaven to release ready-made 0.7.1 based sceneries

It's a shame you have to deal with the occasional &$%^ Tony. Hopefully it won't detract from the otherwise overwhelmingly positive experience people have with your tool (if you'll pardon the innuendo).

Will 0.7 include your autogen solution?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

people get aggressive and abusive

LOL ROFL

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

It's a shame you have to deal with the occasional ###### Tony. Hopefully it won't detract from the otherwise overwhelmingly positive experience people have with your tool (if you'll pardon the innuendo).

Will 0.7 include your autogen solution?

It does :smile: but I've also created a UK scenery which doesn't need autogen since I used several third-party data sources. I'll send you a PM shortly with the link if you fancy trying it out (it's still a work-in-progress and might contain bugs). Either way, the autogen solution was put on hold whilst I did this scenery, so it isn't finished, but I'm hoping people will begin making autogen artwork for other countries.

LOL ROFL

Yep, you wouldn't think it was possible, but it is. Some crazy people out there

Einstein once said: "There are two things that are infinite: The universe and human stupidity, But I'm not sure about the universe..."

Thanks for Your work Tony, it is highly appreciated!

Thanks for letting me try out version 0.7.1. I processed the North America .pbf from geofabrik.de and all the landmarks are there. I live just south of San Francisco and it's nice to have realistic topography that I recognize.

16831532469_118101a9a1_o.jpg

Thanks for sharing your screenshot. It's not often people try to generate the US (due to lack of data), so good to see something there.

After a bit of a break from simming due to other commitments (namely Bloodborne and GTAV), I've just downloaded the latest W2XP. 

When I try starting a generation I get an error message saying the selected config file doesn't exist. What's next?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

After a bit of a break from simming due to other commitments (namely Bloodborne and GTAV), I've just downloaded the latest W2XP. 

When I try starting a generation I get an error message saying the selected config file doesn't exist. What's next?

Scotch

The config file is under the resources folder.

Good lad Humpty, all good now:)

Good lad Humpty, all good now:)

Always works after a scotch  :P

Having a small issue with generation: it seems that only one core is active with the latest version no matter how many cores I specify in the 'number of CPUs available'. The app only seems to be using about 45% of available memory as well. 0.6 used to use all cores quite fully...

There is also a setting inside the config file which overrides it, although I think that defaults to 3. I'm not getting the same problem, but it could be a Windows issue. Can anyone else confirm they are having the same problem?