Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Introducing World2XPlane...

tonywob, I will try to take some shots of the houses here in the Texas region in the USA for you whenever I can. I want to help with this project also. I guess every little bit helps, the more people then the better and faster. Thanks to you and blacky and everyone else who's pitching in for the hard work in making XPX the best flight sim!

Those pictures look better and better each time with the amount of variety in the buildings!

• Upvote 3

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem with 0.5.0. Whenever I generate with it, these two building aren't accurate:

BKIDwRe.png

In OSM, I've set the height of them to 41.75m and 45m respectively (I'm only guessing the height of the latter), but this is not reflected in the sim. They were correct in 0.4.1 so that leads me to believe it is something todo with the new beta. I'd be really grateful if this would be rectified or if it's my problem, tell what is going on as these buildings being VRP's, are important to aviation.

Other than this the new beta really looks great and helps the sim even more immersive! :)

P.S: For those wanting to reproduce this, they are located just to the south of Dublin airport (EIDW).

Hope you can help.

Thanks.

P.S: For those wanting to reproduce this, they are located just to the south of Dublin airport (EIDW).

Could you show me exactly where the buildings are in OSM and I'll look into it? 

One of the buildings has been replaced by a house (so it's being picked up by a rule and it shouldn't be), I'm not sure about the second triangular building.

The two buildings are:
way: 281017239 (http://www.openstree...g/way/281017239)
for the one with the house in its place and
way: 281018695 (http://www.openstree...g/way/281018695)
for the second (I quoted the wrong height for this, 55m instead of 45m).

Thanks Sean. Just got round to looking at this.

I'll add a height restriction to object rules, so anything above metres won't be rendered as an object, but as a facade.

Also another hint, on one of your buildings you have "colour=white". This is invalid and should be "building:colour=white".

Thanks Tony, I'll change that to "building:colour=white" and hope for the best in 0.6.0.

Thanks Tony, I'll change that to "building:colour=white" and hope for the best in 0.6.0.

It'll be v0.5.1, which I'll probably release in the next few days before I go on my holidays :smile:

I've added a new option to restrict the heights on rules (instead of using filters), and set a limit on 3D object houses. I've tested now, and both buildings now show up correctly.

Arizona1xpx_zps3d694082.jpgArizona2xpx_zps3bbd33a4.jpg

I can build houses and get them into Xplane 10 as obj files, and can donate houses and buildings for North America. These are ones built for Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, California see most times. I can provide the buildings for US and Canada like gas stations, restaurants, super markets. 

I can build houses and get them into Xplane 10 as obj files, and can donate houses and buildings for North America. These are ones built for Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, California see most times. I can provide the buildings for US and Canada like gas stations, restaurants, super markets. 

This would be fantastic, and hopefully will get people in the US editing OpenStreetMap and creating scenery. Please send me a PM with your email address and I can set you up write access to our world-models library on github https://github.com/tonywob/world-models. If these are regional per state, then I'll need to find a shapefile containing the US state outlines (which won't be difficult), as currently the US is treated all as one big region.

The next version 0.6.0 (Which I'll start when I get back from my holiday :smile:) should include a way of laying out autogen buildings when there is no data inside OSM. Although smart exclusions work somewhat, they have huge loading-time problems, and a user and PilotBalu (Simheaven) on the German forum has been experimenting with the rules file and have come up with a few ideas for building up autogenerated towns and villages using basic road and landuse data in OSM. Something like this would be ideal in the US to fill out areas which are poorly mapped in OSM with configurable/regional buildings and give people the opportunity to begin correcting their own towns and areas.

18 pages of continuous improvement, development and further enhancement for "World2X-Plane"!

What a great thread!

Good to see it all alive and that much vital!

Real life keeps me away from simming at the moment, but this will certainly change again sometime in the future for sure.

So the more i for now - and in between - enjoy reading through this great thread every now and then and as soon as i get back "my personal simming time", "World2X-Plane" will be one of the first things i am going to be running after i have will have finished my intended completely new install of X-Plane then!

... can't wait to get into the skies again!

So please keep up Your great work and thank You very much again everyone involved into this great project for all Your time and effort!

Great!

Thanks Christoph :smile:

Development has slowed down, mainly because it's summer and the sun is out :smile:. I have a collection of photos I did from the UK ready to modelled, and also I'll be taking some pictures on my holidays ready to be done. I still have hope interest will pick up once the snow and wind returns

Impressive work being done! Great to see! Enjoy the hols Tony.

Development has slowed down, mainly because it's summer and the sun is out :smile:. I have a collection of photos I did from the UK ready to modelled, and also I'll be taking some pictures on my holidays ready to be done. I still have hope interest will pick up once the snow and wind returns

Hi Tom!

No worries my friend!

Let's always remember that this is still a "Donationware" project and pragmatically speaking:

Rome was not built in a day either.

Sure - the more continuous and faster some progress is gained, the better, but as long as there is some noticeable continuity alive, i don't think there is any reason to be concerned or so at all.

And let's face it - in a most positive manner:

There certainly is a noticeable continuity here going on with this great project!

And as You have also correctly pointed out ... as soon as the summerdays become to long and to hot and/or as soon as the first early autumndays come along again in a couple of weeks, flightsimming will certainly be the way to spend our time again with on a more frequent base for sure!

And ... with 10.30 now available and PMDG certainly gaining ground in regards to developing for X-Plane, i dare saying:

The future for X-Plane and therefore the future for "World2X-Plane" certainly looks very promising!

It is also really great to read that You had some time capturing some suitable pictures from UK and i am sure that they will help a lot to further improve the "World2X-Plane"!

Great news Tony!

Thank You!

that's must be why :-) I'll stopped a bit too last times, more outside, on bike and so on :-)

This is such a great time to be an X-Plane user! Wow, it has come such a loooong way and now gets more amazing by the minute with all these wonderful contributions from the modding community. Thanks tony and everyone else involved for working so hard on this. The results are simply gorgeous!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU