Sign in to follow this  
richbonneau

Flysimware Cessna 402 C for FSX/P3D

Dave.  Sending you a PM.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks Frank.   Yes, I agree with regards to your observations here. :wink:

It seems the developer here thought that the 'XP' logo was part of a Garmin model type (rather than Reality XP's logo). I think it's probably best ot leave it at that, given that these appear to be the facts.   What happens next is up to Reality XP and FlySimWare.

The main point that Frank has underpinned here which is most relevent to simmers and potential buyers, is that you could look at the screenshots of this add-on, see the 'XP' logo and understandably believe that the product is compatible with Reality XP's GNS530, when this in fact is not the case as we've seen.

Interesting information on the GNS530.  I checked videos and screen shots of their previous offerings that feature a GNS530 and they all have the "XP" moniker on the upper right corner.

I'm still very tempted by this 402C.  The reviews of their Ercoupe and Cessna 195 were generally good.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I contacted support and from the response to me it seems in the design process someone fitted the graphics for the GPS faceplate from a source believed to be FSX default.  There is supposed to be a fresh update released in the next couple of days and the GPS  face will be corrected.  Based on the email I received I would conjecture that is was an honest (read naive) mistake, but I do not wish to elaborate on what lead me to that conclusion.  Enough said on that.  There is not an RXP GNS530 in the model, and no support for an RXP in the VC.  Of course as with default FSX models, an RXP can be added as a pop-up.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

A couple of days in, and I have to say I am really enjoying flying this Cessna 402C around New England.

The Flight Handling Characteristics feel pretty convincing and although people are correct, the visuals are nowhere near Carenado level, the FDE seems (to me) more convincing than most Carenado FDEs which I find can feel a bit sterile or generic.

It's a good twin. The Carenado 340 has better visuals (although even that is not quite one of Carenado's best) but for me, the 402C is more fun to fly. Nice switch sounds and stuff in the cockpit too. Oh and it's extremely easy on frames.

I must admit I did expect to fly it once or twice and then for it to get hardly any action, but I can't seem to put it down!

Pretty accurate summation Dave! Went for this a few days ago on the basis that this is probably the only Cessna 400 series piston twin that we will have for FSX for some time to come. Like you I find I have been flying a lot in this one since I got it and although it is by no means close to the top echelon of addons, I agree it is very enjoyable to fly.

Leaving aside the avionics/GPS/GNS issues discussed above, my only gripe was the sound quality, but I have addressed this by buying the Skysong Soundworks Cessna 421 sounds and installing them to the 402. I always like a good soundset as I feel it adds to the realism and 'atmosphere' of flying and the result of this combination here is just awesome! All I need now is for someone to do a Cape Air colour scheme for this and that will mean lots more hours on the 402!

Bill

I've been working on a Cape Air repaint for this one and I just uploaded it to the library.

It's my first repaint, but I think it's acceptable.

Here's an image of the repaint.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

Great work!

I'm grabbing that for sure! :cool:

EDIT:   It's not in the library yet.  So I guess it's still awaiting approval.

That does look nice.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I've been working on a Cape Air repaint for this one and I just uploaded it to the library.

Here's an image of the repaint.attachicon.gifMFTC_03 Feb. 16 10.40.jpg

Thank you...I've been waiting a long long time for this...now to decide whether the a/c is worth buying or not...

I'm currently painting the turbine duke in this livery to hold me over!

Did you definitely upload successfully?

Today's files in the file library appear to have been approved, and there's no sign of this one yet. :(

Here's an image of the repaint.attachicon.gifMFTC_03 Feb. 16 10.40.jpg

Thank you - looks good! Really looking forward to downloading this when it becomes available.

Bill

Uploaded it successfully late last night (Eastern Standard Time). Hopefully it will be in tomorrow's update.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

It's available now!

Pardon my impatience Rich :smile: .... was just dying to get my hands on your great work here :cool:

Here it is for others who are interested :-

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=182792&CatID=fsxacrp&Cookie=1

(You'll need to log in to the library to download)

Cheers.

Thanks, Dave!

Glad you like it.

I think it's a bit rough in places so I'll probably work on it some more to refine it - especially if FSWare releases a real paint kit.

MOCHA HAGoTDI!

It's better than my hopeless repainting skills could ever muster!

MOCHA HAGoTDI!

Indeed! "Cessna November Oscar Lima, Cleared Take-off Runway 14, Mocha Hagotdi..."

:smile: