Sign in to follow this  
richbonneau

Flysimware Cessna 402 C for FSX/P3D

It's my first repaint, but I think it's acceptable.

Acceptable? It's brilliant!!

Well done and thank you again - just what I have been waiting for the 402!

Bill

I sent my files to the Flysimware team and they enhanced them quite a bit.  They added the paint on the top of the engine nacelles and also added the blue/gray on the wingtips that I missed.

Head over to their "repaints" page and download it.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

They added the paint on the top of the engine nacelles and also added the blue/gray on the wingtips that I missed.

Since they could get to that they need post-haste to add some black paint over the XP trademark on their GPS.  Shows in both their screen shots and video, and I believe in the package as sold.  It is not an RXP GPS and they offer no support for RXP.  It was brought to their attention now four days ago.  Version 1.3 is pending according to their web site, but removal of the infringement is not yet mentioned for the update.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I agree Frank.

I'm a little astonished that, considering what was highlighted here (the inappropriate use of another company's copyrighted logo despite no collaboration or use of that company's product), they still haven't hastily removed the Reality 'XP' logo from their GNS 530 yet.

Perhaps the fact that Reality XP don't seem to operate any more is causing FlySimWare not to worry much about the error.

But RXP still sell products so presumably they still exist as a business entity.

My concern, as I said earlier, is not to provoke a smallscale corporate war between Reality XP and FlySimWare ( :lol: ), but that I feel it is wrong that would-be purchasers of this 402C are being misled into thinking that the product is compatible with RXP 530 in the VC, due to seeing the 'XP' logo...... when it is not.

Just wondering if any of you flying the 402 have experienced any G2D.dll crashes while flying? My FSX install is very stable and I never experience any crashes with any add-ons. During the last couple of flights with the 402, I've had two g2d.dll crashes.

At the time of the crash, I was on autopilot (GPS nav). It happened with two different flight plans (KSLK-KBOS and KALB-KBOS). I flew the KALB-KBOS route in the F1 King Air with no problems so I'm pretty confident that the 402 is the culprit.

I will email Flysimware today to see if they are aware of any issues.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

No crashes for me but somehow I never get crashes! Are you using FSUIPC because I though it resolved G2D.dll crashes but I might be getting completely mixed up on that. 

Thanks for that suggestion - I updated my FSUIPC version (I was running what I thought was the latest) and I've had no crashes since.

Looks like Flysimware is about to release v1.3 which has several nice improvements including a brand new autopilot system.

• Upvote 1

Looks like version 1.3 is going to fix a ton of issues.  Here is the change list posted on Facebook.

And it looks like there will be a Cessna 414 too!

Rev 1.3 UPDATES:

Our Captain of our beta team and myself spent over 80 hours to make this version
extremely accurate from real world operations to animations, visuals to flight dynamics.

------------------------------------------------------

HSI "to" and "from" flags fixed

N2575 tail texture mapping fixed

Removed specular effects from radio tuner knobs

Changed color to glove box & both circuit panels

Updated user manual corresponding to flight director indicator operations

Front gear animation re-tracking/extending speed changed

New 3D Alternator added to both engines

Updated prop Sync panel switches

Updated Propeller textures

Updated propeller shape

Brighter Nav lights

Fuel quantity indicator needles now power off with battery power

Gear annunciator lights now power off with battery power

New heater blower and power switches added to left circuit panel

Updated L & R Low Fuel annunciator lights

Updated lever flaps pointer now animates flap motor

Removed NAV1/COM1 KX 155 radio

Updated auto pilot to the Navomatic 800B with mode selector and altitude alerter

Updated suction lights

Updated fuel flow pressure

Updated gear lights operation

Updated exterior texture mapping for back of seats

-Another 20 to 30 other updates not included in this list-

These updates mainly consisted of real world accuracy! According to a real pilot this model mimics the flight dynamics just as it should from engine gauges to performance tests. 80 hours over the last 2 weeks....We plan to release the Cessna 414 later this year!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Sounds good.

Although in this type of bird, I prefer the older autopilots that require more attention (eg. no altitude alerter etc) so I hope there's an option for both. :smile:

One of the best things I've ever seen as far as radios and avionics are concerned is how MilViz did it with their Cessna 310R.  They have beautiful 3D radios and GPS units, but if you did not like them or just wanted to install things that suited your own tastes, they had the "free radio" version that features a blank, flat space in which you can install whatever you want.  I think this is really the best option since there are so many options and configurations of radios, radar, GPS, and autopilots.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

One of the best things I've ever seen as far as radios and avionics are concerned is how MilViz did it with their Cessna 310R. They have beautiful 3D radios and GPS units, but if you did not like them or just wanted to install things that suited your own tastes, they had the "free radio" version that features a blank, flat space in which you can install whatever you want. I think this is really the best option since there are so many options and configurations of radios, radar, GPS, and autopilots.

Yes I agree. I wish it happened more often

Just a heads-up that version 1.3 has now been released. Flysimware has also updated the Cape Air repaint on their website for the new version.

I'm at work so I have not yet had the opportunity to fire it up, but I will this weekend.

Rich

I've flown it today;  I've got to be honest; visually I see virtually no difference. FDE-wise it seems to feel better to fly.  The new A/P is in there, with Alt Select etc, but I personally preferred the older more primitive unit.

I kept my old version "just in case" and for me personally I prefer the old version, prior to this update, because I am using my own sound, RXP gauge (pop-up only), some FDE mods of my own, and I prefer the old A/P.      But most people will probably pleased with the update though.

I've flown it today; I've got to be honest; visually I see virtually no difference. FDE-wise it seems to feel better to fly. The new A/P is in there, with Alt Select etc, but I personally preferred the older more primitive unit.

I kept my old version "just in case" and for me personally I prefer the old version, prior to this update, because I am using my own sound, RXP gauge (pop-up only), some FDE mods of my own, and I prefer the old A/P. But most people will probably pleased with the update though.

You notice the fuel selectors and the fuel cross feed don't work after the upgrade?

What sound are you using?

You notice the fuel selectors and the fuel cross feed don't work after the upgrade?

What sound are you using?

I'm not sure they worked before the upgrade, but perhaps they did.

I'm using an old but brilliant sounding piston twin sound pack from the AVSIM library :-

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=154208

(You'll need to be logged in to the library).