Sign in to follow this  
sevenflyer

Simcheck A300 FMC Upgrade Released

Umm, evidently Ernie done the FMC?

Yes I think so, along side Bjorn. I just found out you can use the ISG ND of Ernie's as well as QW

Great, thanks Julian!

Your welcome Peter

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Umm, evidently Ernie done the FMC?

Yes he did! There's no secret about it ;-)

Note that we found that the INS needs to be aligned for the NAV autopilot function to work at this time. As the GPS works independently from the INS, we will change this in a service release soon.

Björn

simcheck_sig_banner_devteam.jpg

Bj

Hi guys,

Does anyone know where the ILS info is on the FMC? So the NAV data page shows no ILS frequency of the runway I want to land on.

Of course I have to adjust the freq. knob on my own, but I thought the FMC would provide this info as well?

Except this question, the FMC works out just fine.

Regards,

Peter

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

I see this upgrade is a chargeable one. If I were to purchase the A300 from the website now, would it include the update? This is not been made clear to me

Hello Ray:

The A300 does not contain the FMC, it comes with a "Civa" style INS. The FMS upgrade must be purchased separately.

In the Aerosoft A300 forum, the developer has stated that If there is enough demand, they may consider a single package in the future.

- Roger

Hi guys,

Does anyone know where the ILS info is on the FMC? So the NAV data page shows no ILS frequency of the runway I want to land on.

Of course I have to adjust the freq. knob on my own, but I thought the FMC would provide this info as well?

Except this question, the FMC works out just fine.

Regards,

Peter

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Hello Ray:

The A300 does not contain the FMC, it comes with a "Civa" style INS. The FMS upgrade must be purchased separately.

In the Aerosoft A300 forum, the developer has stated that If there is enough demand, they may consider a single package in the future.

- Roger

Thanks for the response. I was aware the original product came only with an INS. (Sorry for any confusion there).

I will personally take a rain check on buying the A300 until such time as they are bundled and at a lower combined cost (if and when). I find the cost for me a little on the high side if you include also purchasing the update - as I would never just purchase the base model with INS. (No disrespect to those who cherish the INS as being "actual"  - I find it extremely fiddly and not an enjoyable part of the Sim experience - hence why I never purchased it in the first instance ). I am sure It was a dilemma for the Developer as to how to pitch this upgrade as to recovering costs so I respect their decisions.Just count me as a miss.

Might be time to get the Simcheck, as I've always wanted a good 3 crew airliner (with MCE support).

Can someone tell me if this is a "simplified" FMS of the QW sort, or is it more full featured like a PMDG airplane?

This is a very good three crew airliner. Most systems seem to work as you would expect,  and it flies quite nicely, no quirks or faults that I can notice.

The FMS is for sure more of a QW sort. It is no where near as in depth as one from PMDG. It does work well though.

- Roger

Might be time to get the Simcheck, as I've always wanted a good 3 crew airliner (with MCE support).Can someone tell me if this is a "simplified" FMS of the QW sort, or is it more full featured like a PMDG airplane?

It is very close to the real A300 retrofit fmc. Uses gps for lateral guidance, and it was basically introduced to enable the aircraft to comply with restrictions in busy European airspace it was never meant to have the functionality of the B737 or the modern aircraft. In that respect, you will find what Simcheck has produced is close to the real unit.

Sent from my Mobile thing