Sign in to follow this  
rippy

P3D 2.1 - ALL current issues fixed, patch is on final

They've stated that it's going to be an approximately 100MB patch.  I don't think they intend to do a hotfix model with small patches very often like Opus, for example, as they're primarily a military contractor and our market is a tiny, tiny subset of the money they depend on.

-stefan

Arwen,

Are you sure that p3d looks at the [jobscheduler] entry in the cfg? I have seen topics which other entries are now not looked at but I am not yet convinced with this one.

Regards

Bob

The excitement at least in my case comes from knowing that this SIM has the development support that we went without for so long with FSX. Not just fixes but new features coming down the road. This patch being the first one to fix a ton of issues that will make the SIM that much better.

Definitely going to be a great year.

Arwen,

Are you sure that p3d looks at the [jobscheduler] entry in the cfg? I have seen topics which other entries are now not looked at but I am not yet convinced with this one.

Regards

Bob

It doesn't work exactly as it does in FSX, but it is certainly honored by the sim.

Also:

hsby.png

Regards,

Brian Doney

Arwen,

Regards

Bob

Hey Bob,

I'm like 90% sure that this works, as P3D does now use all my CPU's cores, and it does seem to reduce blurries (although I never had much issue with blurry graphics before adding this), and it does seem to help performance a bit.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Hey Bob,

I'm like 90% sure that this works, as P3D does now use all my CPU's cores, and it does seem to reduce blurries (although I never had much issue with blurry graphics before adding this), and it does seem to help performance a bit.

Thanks Arwen

I have taken the graphics settings from here to eternity with different options just to see the impact. I will do the same after this latest patch.

I also have a quad core, but setting hyper-threading "on" causes performance to go into the toilet. Not sure why, but you know the hardware dance!

Regards

Bob

Thanks Arwen

I have taken the graphics settings from here to eternity with different options just to see the impact. I will do the same after this latest patch.

I also have a quad core, but setting hyper-threading "on" causes performance to go into the toilet. Not sure why, but you know the hardware dance!

Regards

Bob

What is the brand name of your PC?

How old is your PC?

Which CPU do you have?

Was hyper threading originally ON when you got your PC and you turned it OFF?

Hyper threading should not be causing you problems with FSX or P3D.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I'm waiting for update, and an update for SLI :-)

CrossFire/SLI support (along with cloud shadows) are coming in 2.2. The patch we're getting now is what was to be 2.05, they're just calling it 2.1 because it's a big update.

Like Arwen, I too am one who has had no issues at all with P3D or P3D2. I can't even reproduce some of the known bugs. Right out of the box, P3D has performed better than FSX did  - actually on my system the performance was almost identical BUT P3D was smoother and had a better look to it. FWIW, the graphics appear brighter and more colorful.

To me the biggest thing about P3D is the LM team itself. Recall when FSX was released - not only did we have VERY limited exchange with anyone from MS (Phil Taylor being the exception) we were hard pressed to even get them to admit there WAS a bug of some kind. With LM, they are open to suggestion and up front with bug fixes etc. That alone is worth the price of admission to me.

Anyone still sitting on the fence is missing quite a bit. As to waiting for a bug free release - FSX isn't bug free yet, even after a bunch of years - this is software - there is no such thing as bug free software - (except when I code it, of course!)

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I'm with Arwen and Vic et al.  Works fine for me, much faster and smoother.  Yes there are odd texture problems and some of my add-on sceneries are missing objects but most will get fixed and my better sceneries have promised updates/installers to get right in P3DV2.  The planes I like work and if someone thinks I'll pay through the nose extra to get a P3DV2 version going - well I'll do without.  the add-ons already working keep me occupied.

Oh and it's back up but don't see any patch yet  ;-(

The LM web site is back up. Looks as though it was just maintenance, as there's nothing about the patch :(

CrossFire/SLI support (along with cloud shadows) are coming in 2.2. The patch we're getting now is what was to be 2.05, they're just calling it 2.1 because it's a big update.

Can you find a source on that?  Not to be a jerk but I haven't seen anything explicitly stating that, although I suppose maybe its absence from the fix list is evidence enough :(  I'd really like that, I have SLI 4GB 670's that I'd like to make use of.

-stefan

Can you find a source on that?  Not to be a jerk but I haven't seen anything explicitly stating that, although I suppose maybe its absence from the fix list is evidence enough :(  I'd really like that, I have SLI 4GB 670's that I'd like to make use of.

-stefan

They stated that in a thread in the forums, I'll try to find it but I guess it's buried somewhere.

Once the update is released and it has been proven to have fixed all the Windows 8 issues - I will say goodbye to FSX for good and move onto P3D.