Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Lockheed Releases P3D V2.1

Grrr...ya beat me to it Tom!

Installing now ...

2.0.9448.0 to 2.1.9936.0 

LOL There's some comedy in there.  It makes me smile anyways.  Let the controversy begin!

Also, there's an SDK too.

"Computing space requirements"

"Computing space requirements"

Let the controversy begin!

I'd rather just fly :)

I did get an error message on the install "Add-on manager will not run" ... but seems to be working fine and indeed feels smoother/faster:

P3DV21Patch1.jpg

Running it now. The few things that I noticed that were broken  in 2.0 are now fixed. No discernible performance change (at least to me), but that wasn't the main purpose of the patch. I need to reset my controller to see if the Win 8 joystick bug is fixed. I might do that later since I have to undo everything in FSUIPC.

Actually, I am very fond of the passion found in this forum.

still "Computing space requirements"

I'm wondering if it is scanning my network shares too, the "sister ship" is grinding away all the sudden.   There's only 12TB to check out ... I might reboot in a bit and try again.

Yeah, I'm gonna do that.

OK, rebooted.  

"Computing space requirements" for about 2 minutes now.

I have about 1TB of FSEarthTiles made scenery installed.  I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I'm gonna go clean something and keep checking on it 10 minutes or so often.

'GMT time' seems to be an even more comical option than it was with 2.0, but at least weather works now, whether it's usable or not will remain to be seen over the next 2 days or so I guess

e: lol, it's even more insano comical than I thought....

'GMT Time' appears to do the following:

take the timezone offset from your default saved flight

apply it *forward* to the time of any airport you select (ie, if you save a default flight in GMT, then US east coast becomes 5 hours in front of GMT, rather than 5 hours behind)

That's so insanely wrong that you have to wonder how hungover the guy was that day.

Oh well, at least that bug can be fixed with a 3rd party launcher :D

Will be downloading tonight or tomorrow.  Looking forward to seeing the new changes.  Hopefully this will be the stable platform that those who have been waiting for stability can use.  What is great is new features will coming up in version 2.2 and beyond.  Time are good.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Performance with old non-Prepar3d scenery (e.g. EDDF from Aerosoft) is even worse... Otherwise smoother than 2.0 with less microstutters... Let's see if we get less OOMs...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Should we turn off Migration tool?????    I did, do not know if it matters but might be a good recommendation before applying patch.

Thanks LM

Steve

OK, about 15 minutes and I'm past "Computing space requirements" and on to "Welcome ..."

I've not reset any FSX registry or anything like that.  I'm assuming P3D2.1 will only need it's own registry and path info.

Oh great, another "Computing space requirements" screen, but with a progress bar this time.  No progress showing.

OK, that one went fast, now "Validating Install" with a crawling progress bar.

I don't think this patch will affect addons already installed.  The files it changes or affects should only be P3D2 files.

I'm doing it full in on my present installation with addons, understanding that I may do a full clean install, even a clean OS, even if I like what I see, because tweaking.

Looks like all my Virtuali stuff is disabled (GSX, FSDT airports etc.) ... hence this warning I get on startup.

P3DV21Patch1VirtualiDisable.jpg

Otherwise, I'm up to Very Dense on Vegetation and Extreme Dense on Buildings and can retain a locked 24 fps and no OOMs and does indeed seem very smooth.  Some odd shadows issues with default A36 ... need to look into that.

Esc screen "continue flying" button is almost out of clickable view (can just see the top of it).