Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Lockheed Releases P3D V2.1

Full download of 2.1 complete. I'll do a fresh install tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes. :lol: 

Was a little worried as I've got P3D installed on another drive, but the update went fine after the long initial wait (without having to delete the program / appdata first).

First impressions - no bouncing planes on runways, multiple cloud texture sets loading as they should, no issues loading fullscreen, and it's smoooooth! Noticeably so.

I still find myself clicking to bring back focus...old habits!

why is it always like this

messy

Updating 40000 files. Something bound to go wrong. Best new install witht that many updates

wow, it is smoooooooth!

So, ones say smooth other say not. Just what is it?

Here we go again. "The ole mileage may vary scenario"

I would love to try global with vector, but I am sure that I would go back to the ORBX special regions and custom airports and then kick myself in the arse for spending that much money.

Bob

Quick update.. I read the news while at work.. came home and Installed the patch and started P3D and and loaded an existing flight that I had  saved (We couldn't do this earlier) and it went smooth as butter (except for the FSDT Error which I ignored ) and I had installed the P3D in a non standard folder/drive There was no problem

But it has only been 2 minutes into my first flight. :)

It was a saved flight (St. Juliana)  early morning..and it looks spectacular. 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

AFTER 45 min in my sweeeeet Lancair, over TNCM.....CRASH!

Not me....P3Dv2.1.....but......from what I felt, saw.....ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....niiiiiiiiiiice

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Quick update.. I read the news while at work.. came home and Installed the patch and started P3D and and loaded an existing flight that I had  saved (We couldn't do this earlier) and it went smooth as butter (except for the FSDT Error which I ignored ) and I had installed the P3D in a non standard folder/drive There was no problem

But it has only been 2 minutes into my first flight. :)

It was a saved flight (St. Juliana)  early morning..and it looks spectacular. 

I flew for about 15 minutes. Did some low level 1500 ' AGL to 15k and all was very nice. Default scenery and default plane, but still very nice. I will introduce 1 object at a time starting tomorrow LOL I am really excited too about the Nvidia inspector working. This should be fun.

Regards

Bob

EDIT: The message is actually the Add-On Manager (Virtuali) so it's not specific to LM or LM doing anything specific to Virtuali.

Did you try reinstalling the Standalone Add-On Manager?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

The biggest gripe I had was the water merge between phototexture and default water which seems to be fixed.. But I see some banding in the water texture but it  could be my low water setting.  I still do not see the white froth animation of the ocean wave crest.

All in all...first impression seems good and its exciting. :)

The aircraft I am flying is  the Aerosoft Airbus which never gave me grief in P3DV2 so I am using that to see what this patch is all about.

Manny

ok, it appears mileage of install varies depending on system, add ons installed, etc ( no surprises there).

A fellow simmer was unable to apply the patch, so he uninstalled and reinstalled the full version of P3D2.1 without any problems, FSUIPC works well, EZDock works well, and his aircraft as well.

Another fellow simmer succesfully installed the patch, but found he had to re-configure his scenery and a few other folders. A lot of fiddling around. FSUIPC works, EZDock works, more testing required.

The consensus so far appears to be: if you have a lot of older add-ons (ie FSX native) installed, then the patch MAY cause issues.

If you only have P3D supported scenery and add-ons, the patch appears to work a lot better (no surprises, really)

Installed without problem. Flew a pattern with the turbine Duke and it was smooth. Im in surround and sli and i feel an increased fps but slight.

Loaded the a2a spitfire where i use linda lua module to drive my saitek switch panel and some functions doesnt work anymore. Also, the hangar window open but the tablet with thebplane status does'nt appear. The fuel and oil level window also does'nt work for me. Is somebody else can check if they have also problem with this plane? It was working fine for me a few minutes before installing the patch...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

I installed the patch on my previously working P3D install and was unable to start P3D afterwards. I downloaded the full 2.1 installer, uninstalled 2.0, cleaned the registry, restarted the PC, and then did the install.

The install completed without an error unlike 2.0 (yay!!) but when I went to start it, nothing happened. I checked the default directory and the prepar3d folder was not there, #####.

I then tried to run the uninstaller and it ended with an error saying a number of files could not be found. 

Well duh, the directory isn't there. So where did it install the program?

At some point this week I'm going to attempt to purge the registry of all P3D entries and attempt the install again.

Just so happens my refund period has also just ran out. Brilliant.

As bad as FSX is, I've never had an issue like this, and I've re-installed FSX quite a few times since I've had it.

Hopefully nobody else has this experience.

I have tons of stuff installed and the patch  still worked good. 

12472100694_182238e30d_o.jpg

12472101364_7a2cb4b32a_o.jpg

12472260184_94b664261c_o.jpg

Manny