Sign in to follow this  

P3DV2.1 stutter or no stutter

P3DV2.1 Stutters Yes or No  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting stutters in P3DV2.1?

2. 2. What OS are you running?

3. 3. Do you use controllers (yokes, joysticks, rudders)?

So you did not get the dreaded peopleflow dll error on install ? I would love to install NZMF if that is fixed with 2.1

no I didn't actually, but if you did, you could just remove the entry from your dll.xml file

no I didn't actually, but if you did, you could just remove the entry from your dll.xml file

Apologies for being a noob ,but where is this dll.xml file ?

Thanks!

Apologies for being a noob ,but where is this dll.xml file ?

Thanks!

Windows 7? Open up an explorer window.  In the box at the top type %appdata%\Lockheed (at this point, you should see "Lockheed Martin" in a pull-down list of options.  Select Lockheed Martin and you should see Prepar3d v2.  If you do not have the dll.xml file (I didn't when installed 2.0 and 2.1) you can create it.  If you have FSX, use that as a guide.

UAL770.png

I just tried setting NI to nVidia defaults (except the Bioshock) after testing a few flights (KMIA, KATL).  With NI defaults, I now have stutters which I didn't have before using the same P3D2.1 settings.  ?!????

Framerates 28-32fps at night, KMIA

With all do respect, what does this have to do with Rob's stutter issue?

I guess that was directed at me.  I saw a question I could answer but was without regard for the topic.  My apologies.  I won't step in that situation again.  If I could delete it, I would.

UAL770.png

I just tried setting NI to nVidia defaults (except the Bioshock) after testing a few flights (KMIA, KATL).  With NI defaults, I now have stutters which I didn't have before using the same P3D2.1 settings.  ?!????

Framerates 28-32fps at night, KMIA

I guess that was directed at me.  I saw a question I could answer but was without regard for the topic.  My apologies.  I won't step in that situation again.  If I could delete it, I would.

and me too i guess, sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread. Thanks for answering the question though ;-)

Didnt intend to be cynical. Im just interested in the stuttering comments. The P3D threads are all getting very muddled. (Believe that was a Harry Potter term? ) :)

Left FSX at the same time X-Plane came out and have never regret it. Have been following Prepar3D development since, and are gobsmacked to see it still has many of the same issues FSX had. Hope they get eliminated in future versions, but until then I am enjoying an problem free simulator with XP10.

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything

Left FSX at the same time X-Plane came out and have never regret it. Have been following Prepar3D development since, and are gobsmacked to see it still has many of the same issues FSX had. Hope they get eliminated in future versions, but until then I am enjoying an problem free simulator with XP10.

And hows your stutters? :Silly:

That's a real amazing thread. Should be a poll about stutter yes/no and what are you guys doing? Bla, bla, bla ........

Spirit

That's a real amazing thread. Should be a poll about stutter yes/no and what are you guys doing? Bla, bla, bla ........

Spirit

LOL. Feel bad for Rob. he's just trying to get some information and it turns into how to install an airport and something about gobblesmack. :)

Well, I did make some progress on the stutter front this evening ... it's certainly not stutter free, but I can live with it (I think) ... but I restricted my testing to the Carenado A36 just in case the MJCQ400 is skewing results.

Made a quick video with what I feel is "better" fluidity (certainly not perfect, but that's never been my goal) ... I also include settings, CPU and GPU usage info from default Affinity to Affinity = 4088 ... also how Fraps impacts CPU usage ... all contained in the video (best to view video at 1080p or higher if you want to see text more clearly).

What I came across in my testing:

• Unlimited frames (as suggested) with Triple Buffer and Vsync helps
  • NoShadow Flagged Content = Unchecked (important one) -- this prevents shadows from things like fences, lamp posts, smaller objects but also fixes other bizarre building and runway shadows which I can only assume was from sloppy airport design work?
  • Affinity = 4088 seems to make all my cores work much harder (doesn't seem to make any difference with stutters)
  • Found a bug with AI aircraft where they will change paint schemes while taking off  (see video)
  • Also found a bug with strange light that follows AI aircraft (see video)

I installed FT's St.Maarten to see how it would work and if it had any impact, also installed FTX Global and REX 4 (yet again) after I got to an "acceptable" stutter experience ... fortunately those 3rd party products didn't make any difference.  Will re-install the MJC Q400 and see how that is working.

Lost count on how many times I've done wipes and installs of P3DV2.x and 3rd party content.  I can certainly understand the frustration ... but after blowing up 4 race engine is 2012 and finally fingering out how to build a reliable one ... I guess this flight sim work isn't so bad, certainly less expensive.

Hi Rob,

with those settings you should praise LM to reach such a smooth and nearly perfect flight. Stop searching for stutters now and enjoy your sim.

Spirit

I couldnt wait that long. I refunded it and took the money and invested in X-Plane 10. After running the demo and using V2 for 3 weeks Ive come to the conclusion that X-Plane is the future for flight "Simmers". So Im outa here. I tried and no hard feelings. be well

I get absolute smooth operation with ALL default aircraft. ( Every controller imaginable, simconnect networked computer, FSUIPC in the XML.DLL,NEW V2.1 install). The only addon aircraft I have installed is the MJQ400 and it causes stutters and badly at times, but of course it isn't V2.1 supported/certified.

Hi Rendi, you buy P3DV2 again? I thought you refunded already?

I went back to my v2.0 settings: I added AM=14 to my cfg and limited the fps in the sim to 34. I also enabled vsync and triple buffering. I disabled ALL performance monitors (FSUIPC) and performance is acceptable now. In fact, when I don't focus on everything that's wrong with the sim, I am actually enjoying myself. I also removed the fps counter from the cfg. I am done with beta testing and tweaking and enjoy what I've got. ^_^