Sign in to follow this  

P3DV2.1 stutter or no stutter

P3DV2.1 Stutters Yes or No  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting stutters in P3DV2.1?

2. 2. What OS are you running?

3. 3. Do you use controllers (yokes, joysticks, rudders)?

I am a beta tester for a new upcoming combat flight sim which you may have read about 1C 777 productions  "Battle of Stalingrad".

I'll keep an eye on this development, thank you.

Made a little more progress on the stutter front (it's still there, but if I blink at the right times I'm good to go) ... oddly, having Fraps loaded and even recording helps??

Oban to Scone in the Twotter (Scotland - not sure why, but flying in Europe seems to be much better visually than flying in the US).  Video is available in 1440p but keep in mind it's HIGHLY compressed from 100GB or so down to 1.2GB for YouTube purposes.

Excuse the takeoff, has been a while since I've flown the Twotter.

Cheers, Rob.

Well that's it then ! You just have to record everything, at all times !

(by your video count I kinda thought you did anyway  :P )

Unfortunately, the good Captain has posted to your LM thread with his usual...content.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Rob, I agree EU has a lot of beautiful scenery and it seems clearer to me, don't know why, but it just does. Nice video Rob, I like to fly Italy and over Rome.  Lake Como is nice also. Great job.

Regards

Lamar

Regards

Lamar Wright

(by your video count I kinda thought you did anyway  )

haha ... I wish I could post more racing videos, but fortunately or unfortunately the flight simulated experience is better on my bank accounts ... funny thing is, my real world racing videos get far less views than my virtual flight simulation videos ... but there again, a girl with a large chest bouncing up and down for 10 seconds can get 1Million+ views in a matter of minutes ... the world's a funny place.  :Peace:

Guest Novation

but there again, a girl with a large chest bouncing up and down for 10 seconds can get 1Million+ views in a matter of minutes

Please post links :lol:

anyone here remember when we heard SP2 and Acceleration had some code difference? I do

Yes, and it drove me nuts, thinking SP2 was somehow better than Acceleration... even tried installing even though I has Acceleration.... I'm more relaxed these days :unsure:

I have not seen this mentioned yet in the thread, or I'm lacking in reading and comprehension, but what background processes are running while testing for stutters? 

Do you have MS Essentials or other virus protection running? 

Are you using a utility like Razer game Booster to eliminate background processes?

Joystick control or gaming center? Webcam? Using the browser to view media like Flash or Java content?

UAL770.png

I have not seen this mentioned yet in the thread, or I'm lacking in reading and comprehension, but what background processes are running while testing for stutters? 

Probably because it's assumed ... I disable anything that isn't essential or might have impact ... same process I used in V2.0.

I can only hope LM look into this ... but at this point it's only a hope and might be a dim hope at that.

I'll keep trying different things to cure this or reduce it ... millions of combination of things to try so I can't say I tried them all ... just need to find the motivation.  I may just live with it "as is" for now ... maybe driver updates or V2.2 will cure it.  But I kinda want to get back to flying.

Cheers, Rob.

Made a little more progress on the stutter front (it's still there, but if I blink at the right times I'm good to go)

I have seen Robs videos. I understand that stuttering seen on the videos is a type reducing the flying feeling significantly. For me, that kind of stuttering was more apparent in v2.0. I get still stuttering in v2.1 but I feel that it becomes less and smoother. Speaking of the feeling of smoothness, in v2.0 stuttering was like digital signal with lower frequency but strong strength, while stuttering in 2,1 is like a frequent analogue signal with lower strength. I am no software person but I thought that the improvement was something that LM had solved and we should be "excited about"...

YY   

Did I stut, stut, stut, stutter ... ;)

Loaded up Orbx new NorCal Region and stutters and blurry textures very obvious now.  Hopefully LM have a look at this, I've not really made any progress with it in V2.1 ... but I'll keep trying.

Loaded up Orbx new NorCal Region and stutters and blurry textures very obvious now.  Hopefully LM have a look at this, I've not really made any progress with it in V2.1 ... but I'll keep trying.

I'm noting more blurries and stutters as well and it is indeed frustrating.  I find myself not flying but making use of other games or Train Simulator 2014 because they work out of the box much better.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Have you tried testing with any of the other aircraft besides the Carenado A36?

After running Prepar3D v2.1 for about four hours on Sunday I discovered that the stuttering was greatly reduced and most of time nonexistent with the Maule, Piper Cub and the Beech Baron. This is with the frame rate set to unlimited and v-sync/triple buffering enabled (which needs to be re-enabled every time you exit and re-enter the sim). Even with FTX AU SP4 and REX4 installed the stuttering was almost completely gone.

I haven't tried them yet but Nvidia released the new 334.89 WHQL's today also.

I'm noting more blurries and stutters as well and it is indeed frustrating.  I find myself not flying but making use of other games or Train Simulator 2014 because they work out of the box much better.

I'd hardly call TS2014 better, not by a long shot. The game engine that TS2014 uses is a well known basket case.

I dunno, TS2014 has never crashed on me and the visuals are good.  I know that there are not the same degree of add ons and other issues.  But, it works for me while FSX and P3D, at times, does not.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I dunno, TS2014 has never crashed on me and the visuals are good.  I know that there are not the same degree of add ons and other issues.  But, it works for me while FSX and P3D, at times, does not.

It's never crashed on me either and I've had it installed on about seven different computers since Rail Simulator was released in 2007, but it's CPU dependent, grossly outdated DirectX 9 game engine is garbage. This isn't the forum to discuss it but we won't even get into the train handling physics issues.

At least LM is making an effort to bring Prepar3D into the 21st century as far as hardware utilization is concerned. I haven't had one issue yet going back to when v2.0 was first released with any instability/crashing and that's on two different setups with one even using an AMD graphics card. With FSX or X-Plane 10 I wouldn't even bother installing them on a system that used a ATI/AMD GPU but with Prepar3D 2.0/2.1 I don't see any difference compared to Nvidia.

And hows your stutters? :Silly:

No stutters , no blurries, no problem. In other words i am fine, thanks for asking ;)

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything