Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Manfred John's C47 v2

I tried to use the check-list but was unable to (re-)start the engines ...

Open the Shift-3 page and look on the right side about 4 cells down.  It says "Starter" and the values for it typically read "OFF".  If the engine does not start, hover your mouse over the OFF values for a tool tip that tells you why the start failed.  Since I've been doing this I have had no problems starting the engines.

Control-E does not always work, as it may set the mixture too rich.  Mixture should be at auto-rich.

Hook

• Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Ops! I got the info backwords... what I did is raise the volume on the external sounds since they were very low and adjusted the rparams/vparams.

C970n.jpg

Those folders are not necessary... they are Audacity files.  I just forgot to remove them when I uploaded the package.

Ok, I will delete the folders from Ver 1 of your great sounds package ... no problem.

Will you be doing another fix / uodate for your current version 2 for the above mentioned volume problem.

In other words, wait for another download ZIP file before installing?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Vaughan, if the interior engine sounds are too loud, lower the Engine volume in FSX options.  The exterior engine sounds should be better than before doing this.

Or... make the same changes you made to the sound.cfg file to lower the interior volume.  I don't mind the exterior volume being a bit louder, should actually sound a lot better.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I also noticed the "wind" sound was very high during flight ... so I turned it down from 9500 to 4000 (which may be too low - testing now).

Currently still using your Version 1 Sound update package.

[WIND_SOUND]
filename=PW18_Wind
flags=0
viewpoint=1
minimum_speed=40.00
maximum_speed=120.00
minimum_volume=1286
maximum_volume=5000
minimum_rate=0.60
maximum_rate=0.90
// vbm too loud maximum_volume=9500

Best Regards,

Did you get an Error code or Message?

Had this happened to you with other sites?

Sorry I missed your question. I was able to get on via a proxy server and Im flying this old girl now. Hard to believe that this is free and just flight charges LOL

ZORAN

zoran maksic,,

Glad to hear you got the aircraft downloaded.

I have not been successful at getting permission to post on the SOH forum . ... have you?

Best Regards,

I get this

zoran, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

ZORAN

zoran maksic,

Ok,

I did not see any information on signing up for the forum on the SOH web page.

A bit of a mistery!

Best Regards,

There should be a place to sign up at the top of the main forum page?

There should be a place to sign up at the top of the main forum page?

Is it one sign up for downloads and another signup for the forum?

Are you permitted to post in the SOH forums?

Best Regards,

I installed the RealityXP 530 and 430 WAAS  Garmins ok as popups and they crossfill the flight plan to the original Garmins in the VC panel.

Looks like all is working ok so far as I have checked.

I am not sure if it is possible to get the RealityXPs into the VC panel.

Also:

When I turn on Carb Heat I get LH (RH) INERTL SEP lights on the overhead.

What does it stand for?

Best Regards,

With the weathered VC textures and the custom sound package, this is really a well done model. Glad I didn't buy the JF DC-3. Graphically this looks better and based on some of my JF purchases, could modeled better as well.

I have the Uiver DC-2 so it didn't take me long to get up and running.  The DC-2 didn't have cowl flaps so CHT is a lot more difficult to control than on the DC-3 with is functional cowl flaps. The biggest difference I found between the Uiver DC-2 and this DC-3 ( not to mention the DC-3 is more powerful and is run with higher MAP and RPM) are the taxi and takeoff characteristics . The Uiver Dc-2 requires differential braking and throttle control to taxi. Simply twisting the stick at low taxi speeds does nothing, whereas this model will taxi and turn with a twist of the flight stick. And the DC-2 is much more sensitive to even the slightest cross wind during take off and does require quite a bit of finesse to pull it off.

But, I'm certainly not complaining.  A big thanks to the developers for making this wonderful model available to the community. As well, really looking forward to the old style panel coming out.

Brian-

Ok, I will delete the folders from Ver 1 of your great sounds package ... no problem.

Will you be doing another fix / uodate for your current version 2 for the above mentioned volume problem.

In other words, wait for another download ZIP file before installing?

I'm looking at LHookins setting and if all is well, will add those to the sound.cfg file fix.  Great to have all this imput.  I have 1800+ downloads and maybe five people mention the sound loudness. Regarless, if one person is haveing issue... I will try to fix it.  Be patient guys, I have very little experince with sound editing, but will try my best to get it right.

For me the engines are a bit loud as well. I simply went to FSX Settings>Sound>Engines and moved the slider to the left a bit. Works just fine.

And to an earlier post, I don't have any strobe or beacon on the outside view although they are turned on in the VC. Nav lights are working fine. Has anyone found a fix for this?

I want to thank LHookins for his suggestion. I've made some changes to the sound.cfg file to try and fix some sound issues (loudness).

I'm using the v.2 for testing.

Make sure to back up the current sound.cfg file in the sound.TW folder. Copy the new sound.cfg into the sound.TW folder.

Changes:
1. Fuel pump boost sound lowered.

2. Internal cockpit sounds lowered.

Let me know if the certain sounds like left or right starter, left or right engine startup and general cockpit engine sounds left or right are either to loud or to soft.

Also, if it's all good let me know too! Thanks TuFun

Link:  https://app.box.com/s/0n0oaurpagedifgem9bw