Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

X-Plane 10 Tree Lines and Farms V2 released!

The freeware / donationware scenery X-Plane 10 Tree Lines and Farms V2 has been released!

dhc3pt6_8.jpg

The "X-Plane 10 tree lines and farms V2" scenery is the second version of an overlay add-on for X-Plane 10. It tries to add "visual clutter" (tree lines and farms) to the usually relatively dull landscape of agricultural areas and grassy areas. Like in real life, with this add on, tree lines will follow - randomly - many of the roads, railroads, and the coastline of lakes or riverbanks. Every now or then, you will also find farms standing around. All in all, this gives a much more "lively" feel to the default scenery and it is best used together with HD Mesh Scenery V2!

Version 2 covers:

• Euroe
  • North America (up to 60N)

It is completely heuristically derived from OpenStreetmap (OSM) data, and thus you will NOT find real counterparts of the depicted tree lines and farms (this means, it aims to be plausible but not necessarily 100% realistic!)!

You can find detailed instructions and downloads here (and yes, flightsim.com is still the main download site, BUT they now provide BitTorrent out of the box too and they are already seeding!):

And of course, there is a large selection of screenshots too:

Have a lot of fun!

Looks fantastic!

Will download as soon as I get home.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into our hobby!

Rob

Andreas,

Words can't describe my heartfelt gratitude, to the scope of highly detail work and dedication you provide our hobby, thank you.

Yeah, 60N mean ... it goes up to latitude 60 degrees north (sorry for the not entirely clears short notation :P ).

And thanks for your kind words guys!

And don't forget: go spread the word (and post screeenshots on the generic AVSIM screenshot section B) !)

We just need an "AlpilotX" in Flight Gear now! 

Andras, the new scenery v2 usd by FG3 is also OSM ( and other sources) - based. Since you offer all of your work, and that's also the spirit in Flight Gear, maybe you could find some way to contribute with your talent in that project ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

Jcomm, you know - or don't know - that my time is already quite limited (as I am doing ALL my work for X-Plane in my free time) ... and even though, I always have an eye on FG, I have to admit, that at the moment I see no way for me to commit to another project too (especially as it also always means to dive deep in technology etc.). This doesn't mean that I wont turn in that direction too one day .... but definitely not now (or near term).

PS: add to this, that even though i am a big proponent of open source etc., with FG I still not see the visual quality which would move me in that direction (BUT they are definitely improving with big steps).

Hey Jcomm, back off and stop trying to head-hunt Andras for FlightGear!!!  :wink:

He's ours!  :Big Grin:

Edit: by the way, thanks for the updated Trees and Farms, donated and downloading!

Yes Andras, I understand, and, as a matter of fact, am getting the X-Plane 10 folder from the backup HD just to install your last creation :-) 

From the pictures I've already seen I know I will not get disappointed!

Thank you for all of your work and dedication!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

Looks brilliant and I will download and donate now!

But what ground texture is that in your picture?

But what ground texture is that in your picture?

Default ... all default (only its all "draped" on my HD Mesh Scenery v2).

Andras,

Thank you for your hard work! Looks great.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.