Sign in to follow this  
rparson99

No one noticed? Hot fix for gauges posted....

It does not however magically fix those errors, nor any others that may prevent proper execution of all the functions, such as the "brightness fluctuation" mentioned above...

Like the 997 lines of BooBoo;s in the G500 according to the error log?  :O:P

Bill, is it possible ignoring theses errors may have cause the QW757 not to consume VAS? Previous to the hotfix I couldnt fly it much more than an hour without OOM's. Im asking because Im flying it as we speak and it got to 1.8 VAS remaining and has quit degrading. I could never do that before! KDSM to KDEN, in fact I believe I'm going to be able to land her.

It does not however magically fix those errors, nor any others that may prevent proper execution of all the functions, such as the "brightness fluctuation" mentioned above...

I thought so. Nevertheless I'm happy that the Garmin functionality is back. :smile:

Patric

• Upvote 1

Just happy to be able to use my Carenado Beech King Air C90 again (can navigate!) - my favourite, having flown a real one for a few hours!

AS Bill points out maybe possibly ignoring all those parsing errors again (and the C90 plane logged many!) is not a "final" fix!. So lets hope the real errors still do get fixed by plane devs!

Even if the C90 still has those coding errors, they were not piling up in VAS,  I found on my test flight today, with the new gauge "fix", that it did not eat away at VAS. VAS usage pattern was identical to my test in the Mooney Acclaim, on exactly the same route. I was happy also to see it only has about a 100Mb bigger memory footprint than the Mooney.

Rob

Rob

Robin Harris

Just happy to be able to use my Carenado Beech King Air C90 again (can navigate!) - my favourite, having flown a real one for a few hours!

AS Bill points out maybe possibly ignoring all those parsing errors again (and the C90 plane logged many!) is not a "final" fix!. So lets hope the real errors still do get fixed by plane devs!

Even if the C90 still has those coding errors, they were not piling up in VAS,  I found on my test flight today, with the new gauge "fix", that it did not eat away at VAS. VAS usage pattern was identical to my test in the Mooney Acclaim, on exactly the same route. I was happy also to see it only has about a 100Mb bigger memory footprint than the Mooney.

Carenado posted on their Facebook page that the latest hotfix has "fixed" the problems with the gauges, so I don't think they'll release any patches. Not even for the graphical glitches that remain.

hey all, i just bought the cerenado phenom and one button is not working on the gps1000, the enter button! i thought id try this hotfix from p3d but i dont know how to overwrite the dll files,, can anyone help me with that?

thanks!

Does anyone have the Baytower RV7?  I'm interested in the plane, but held off because the developer seems uninterested in fixing a crash-on-load problem under Prepar3d.  Supposedly, deleting the transponder from the panel lets the plane load properly (though with no transponder, of course), but I've been hesitant to give money to someone who isn't supporting their product under P3D.

However, if this patch lets the plane at least load, I may reconsider.  I'd love to know if anyone has tried the RV7 with this patch.

Does anyone have the Baytower RV7?  I'm interested in the plane, but held off because the developer seems uninterested in fixing a crash-on-load problem under Prepar3d.  Supposedly, deleting the transponder from the panel lets the plane load properly (though with no transponder, of course), but I've been hesitant to give money to someone who isn't supporting their product under P3D.

However, if this patch lets the plane at least load, I may reconsider.  I'd love to know if anyone has tried the RV7 with this patch.

The baytower with the fix below worked fine in the original version of p3d. I do not have p3d installed at this time so I cannot verify that all is working correctly with the latest p3d build.

Again, it worked just fine in the original release. ---Bob

http://www.baytower.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=496&p=2461&hilit=p3d#p2461

FWIW, I finally got around to buying the Baytower RV7 and did get it working in P3D v2.3.  The instructions at the Baytower forum are not available anymore (it seems to be permanently down), but here's what I did to make it work:

• Delete or comment out both lines for the GTX327 transponder in both panel config files (.../Prepar3D v2/SimObjects/Airplans/Vans_RV7/panel.RV7_slider and ...panel.RV7_tip).
  • Extract the .../Prepar3D v2/gauges/btsRV7.CAB file to the .../Prepar3D v2/gagues/btsRV7 folder.  Delete or rename the btsRV7.CAB file, then delete or rename the ../Prepar3D v2/gagues/btsRV7/gtx327.xml file.

Just commenting out the transponder lines in the panel.cfg wasn't enough... it still crashed while trying to load the aircraft.  Nuking the XML gauge code file did the trick, however.

The transponder still tunes via selections in the ATC menu but cannot, of course, be manually operated.

........Bill, is it possible ignoring theses errors may have cause the QW757 not to consume VAS? Previous to the hotfix I couldnt fly it much more than an hour without OOM's. Im asking because Im flying it as we speak and it got to 1.8 VAS remaining and has quit degrading. I could never do that before! KDSM to KDEN, in fact I believe I'm going to be able to land her.

I had thought that the QW B757 didn't work in P3Dv2.3, has this been updated by QW? Or does this hotfix do something that allows the B757 to work?

Thanks, Bruce.

Edit: Just noticed how old this post was, didn't realize this was regarding v2.1...

Yeah, I was just updating it with info on how to get the RV7 working since the information is no longer available anywhere else that turned up in Google search.  I'm hoping it will be useful to the next guy that wants to install it in P3D.

Sorry to make this topic live again, but anybody made the BT RV4 transponder work in p3d v2.4? I know the procedures to deactivate it, but i can´t live with that black screen in the panel :)

I tried porting other gtx327 to the plane but didn´t managed to turn on them. So, any info? Anybody managed to make it work? The RV7 CAB file is editable, so i thought that a XML guru would try to make it work someday :)

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Yeah, I was just updating it with info on how to get the RV7 working since the information is no longer available anywhere else that turned up in Google search.  I'm hoping it will be useful to the next guy that wants to install it in P3D.

Do you have to run the EMT tool for this plane?  I've done all the mods and P3D 2.5 still crashes...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |