Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

P3D v2.1 Hotfix Released

Lockheed Martin has released a 22.3 MB hotfix that addresses some problems raised by Prepar3D V2.1 users, particularly issues related to addon aircraft (such as night lighting, sunken tires, etc.). It is a list of 49 DLLs plus the Prepared.exe (all located at the Prepar3d main directory). It is advised to backup all these 50 files because they will be overwritten with the new ones.

Like I said before all legitimate issues raised will get addressed. Sitting back watching the fireworks from users knowing full well this sim is in active development is interesting to watch. LM has been way more supportive with support than we've ever got with Microsoft (Aces). It's like pulling teeth with little wiggle room to get some to embrace, be patient, and work with LM to get things right (a rock solid platform for 98% of users out there with a margin of error as some will always find some kind of fault with the program). There is life after FSX even though it's hard for some to accept... Thanks LM for the continued work on making this effort the best it can be and moving our hobby forward into the future.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

thanks for the info Dillon, looking forward to test the hotfix...

Regards,

John.

That was quick! I wonder why...........  :ph34r: 

omut.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Yes! My panels work again!

How is the autogen distance issue on your end?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Can someone confirm exactly which add-on aircraft have been affected in 2.1 thus requiring this hotfix? Or is this hotfix mandatory for all us 2.1 users??

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

I wouldn't say it was mandatory but it diffidently fixes issues with many aircraft.

I see a great difference for Milviz B737 and QW 757 - both ACs no longer eat up the VAS memory !

Well done !

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled

Can someone confirm exactly which add-on aircraft have been affected in 2.1 thus requiring this hotfix? Or is this hotfix mandatory for all us 2.1 users??

All of them! :ph34r:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ok Bill thanks. Time to download and install!

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

I see a great difference for Milviz B737 and QW 757 - both ACs no longer eat up the VAS memory !

Well done !

You noticed that also. 5 hrs into a QW757 flight VAS steady as rock. Even the AB Ext doesnt consume VAS any more!

I am still a little apprehensive about transitioning from FSX to P3D, but Dillion has a good point that the big difference is that LM is paying attention to users feedback and are putting out patches in a timely manner. It will be interesting to see where P3D will be by year's end.