Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

New Calgary SIMADDONS CYYC available

Interested in this - been dying for a updated CYYC in years.

Couple questions -

Anyone have some pictures available?

Does it reflect the current airport layout w/ the changes in the last couple months regarding taxiways, runway numberings, VOR etc?

Is the 'South end' accurately modelled?

How well does it work with Orbx's Rocky Mountains - been thinking of getting that as well.

Free update or something along those lines when 35R/17R becomes operational this summer?

Unfortunately the 80 bones for one airport (for me really) is kind of a bummer. Although i'd love Prince George and Calgary....Halifax is more of meh...

It is good to hear though that it runs pretty well.

Edit: Found the preview page here: http://www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_preview_CYYC.htm

Looks like they have it modelled for the near future w/ the new terminal/runways

Watched the quick preview vid - They seem really excited about the animated billboards. Not sure why they have Emirate and Qatar airways ads there - they don't fly to YYC (yet).

Looks pretty complete - but not super stunning. Great work though still updating CYYC and area I guess.

No pictures of the South end with bustling oil & gas activity - interested if they got those buildings right.

I am one of Ralph's beta testers, all his airports where designed for FSX and P3d. There is separate installers and packages for each system and are fully 2.1 compatible.
For the p3d version. You dont need to purchase Halifax. so your getting all the following airports:

Genesix AG / Simaddons CA3W for P3Dv2
CANADA WEST Pack 3
CYCG, CYLW, CYXS, CYBA, CYYC
DOWNLOAD VERSION - 0.9GB
INSTALL SIZE 1.2 GB 

Requirements: 
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D P3Dv2.x
- CPU Dual or Quad =>3.0 Ghz
- RAM => 4Gb
- DX11 Graphic board => 2Gb

€ 89.-- (Standalone = none of the above sceneries required)

So it works out to 18 pounds per airport. 
http://www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_purchase1.htm#CA3W

also just to let you know as his website can be confusing for p3d there is 3 different packs:

CA1E which includes CYHZ,CYQY,CYQI,CYYT,CYQM,CYDF,CYAW,CYSJ,CYYG,CWSA (Canada East) 9 pounds per airport

CA2C which includes CYOW,CYTZ,CYRO,CYWG (Canada Center) about 20 pounds per airport

and Canada West which is listed out above.

He decides how he packages and what he wants for them he is ok with a small customer base as this has been told to him. For me I love his work for what it is and his support is top notch. We all decide with our wallets you can purchase or not.

Interested in this - been dying for a updated CYYC in years.

Couple questions -

Anyone have some pictures available?

Does it reflect the current airport layout w/ the changes in the last couple months regarding taxiways, runway numberings, VOR etc?

Is the 'South end' accurately modelled?

How well does it work with Orbx's Rocky Mountains - been thinking of getting that as well.

Free update or something along those lines when 35R/17R becomes operational this summer?

Unfortunately the 80 bones for one airport (for me really) is kind of a bummer. Although i'd love Prince George and Calgary....Halifax is more of meh...

It is good to hear though that it runs pretty well.

There is pictures under the cyyc on his website, yes and includes the new runway and future changes and I think it works well with Orbx. if you email him he would answer your questions in a day. 

picture link: http://www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_preview_CYYC.htm

I'm sorry, I love to support developers who continue to enhance my FSX experience but his pricing model is seriously out to lunch. All in it's $84.98 (CAD) and oh, the update to the CYHZ runway, that'll cost you another $10 so I'm starting to wonder if the new runway at YYC will be a convenient upgrade once the new runway becomes operational. Please don't try and argue "yeah but you get xx airports at xx each so what a deal!!" because it's quite evident from this thread that most of us only want to pay for what we want (unless you're a BETA tester getting the goods for free :-) )

Too bad he chose such an odd pricing strategy.

Well I splurged on CYHZ lite and CYYC. We'll see how it is once I get the download links.

Shame the packages arn't available for FSX customers. Would definitely have gotten the CAW3 pack.

I don't need the CYHZ update though to get CYYC to work though right?

89 pounds for 5 airports, = $164.77 CAD.......Good value, I think not! This is just pushing simmers to look to the black market.

I do not condone robbery of any kind; highway nor high seas. My wallet is staying in my pocket. That being said, the screenies

do look rather nice. Nice job.

Regards, Craig.

It's actually 89 Euro so it's ~ 136 bucks Canadian for 5 airports. A bit better but...

So it works out to 18 pounds per airport.
I was basing my conversion on the above quote, but you are correct.

cheers, Craig.

CYYC should work with CYHZ lite if you have any issues he will send you a link to the support forum.  as for pricing send him some emails tell him what you think see if he will change it. I know everything he puts out is tested in FSX  but not sure what his future plans are there.

Hey Mike long time no see, I am not saying the prices are reasonable or the packaging I was just breaking it down for everyone. What Ralph does it what he does. and the new runway and buildings are included with CYYC :) 

A one time low introductory.. limited time.. pricing scheme would have been a good idea judging by the feedback on this forum.

Whoa!! I didn't realize it was in Euro. Well, that just closed the wallet nice and tight.

It's Sim Addons pricing scheme that has this Canadian flying more in Europe & The U.S then in my own country (Aside from FlyTampa Montreal).

I'd love to purchase all these airport as they're supporting a market which most developers ignore. But if he's happy with a small market while developing for the worlds second largest land mass I think he's losing out. I almost guarantee that if he changed he pricing he'd see his sales soar.

I've voted with my wallet many times on these and will continue to do.

I've actually sent the developer the link to this conversation.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Simmaddons scenery is very good and you need to look at all the areas done. In he east it starts at Toronto Island and finishes with St John's Nfld. The east coast is really well covered. Halifax covers a large area including the city and the military base downtown.

In the west  the sceneries include Calgary and Kelowna, Castlegar, Banff and Prince George are done as well. If you're looking for good quality Canadian scenery this is it - and imho it's worth the money. Also, I have never experienced and OOM which is more than you can say about others.