Sign in to follow this  
RWFeldman

Active Sky Next P3DV2.1 Beta now available

how can I access the prepar3d version - if its beta I guess I need pay nothing at the moment?

The P3D beta is available on the downloads page (in the same "table" with the FSX patches and full downloads).  Use your FSX registration key to launch the P3D version, which will live on your system as a separate install.

Hope this helps.

Sorry I didn't read closely.  Your license will work for FSX and P3D.  The beta is an open beta, and you'll be able to download it on the download page.  Have fun.

thanks for the replies have now downloaded the beta version...however at this point get a little confused

1)As I have the option of a 7 day trial and it is a beta do I actually need to buy a licence for this now - I note their appears to be no prepar3d option in the licence types?

2)Also Alan I don't get your reference to FSX key (may have this somewhere but no longer have FSX installed since I moved to P3D - do I really need this to get the beta running or can I simply buy a licence key for the software?

*IF* you have already purchased a license for ASN for FSX - you could apply that license to the P3D beta. If you have NOT purchased a license, you need to get the TRIAL key for the P3D beta. If you need a bit of extra time to get it running properly, contact us at support@hifitechinc.com and we can extend the trial.

Enjoy!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Yes... not to sully the topic as I just got ASN running and want to check it out and get back on topic...

That said, I get the same exact rotations that you do Novation. That video is exactly what I experience.

I saw this when I was using Rex clouds. I reinstalled P3dV2, just went with ASN and default clouds and no more cloud spinning.....

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

Vic many thanks!

1)So if I understand correctly I can just go for the trial key which gives me a trial for 7 days on the beta - if I like it and want to use it for longer I should just buy the ASN for FSX and apply the key for that?

2)As mentioned will be running REX 4 with it - if I want to run the both together what are the best/optimal settings to use - as doesn't REX 4 already have its own cloud textures (amongst other textures you can choose)

Thanks all managed to get the ASN running (P3Dv2.2 beta version) on the 7 day trial I think - had a couple of beginner questions (note I have never use a weather engine before so they are basic - also trying to decide whether to buy a licence!)

1)How do you bring up the weather radar?

2)How do I know ASN is actually running - I open ASN first then run my P3D - not sure if its injecting any weather into the sim how can I tell?

3)I have Rex 4 running also and I have pointed the weather engine config in REX to the ASN .exe file - is this correct and what does this actually do (is there any obvious sign they are working together?)

4)Are there any optimal combination of settings - in game P3D settings/REX settings/ASN Settings to get everything running together?

5)I usually don't use flight plans but use P3D for casual flying either in Japan or USA - is this an issue or will I still benefit from ASN weather?

Have now got a 6th and final question.

6)In the in game menu for P3D do you need to select the Active Sky theme in the weather section to get the active sky weather to work?

1. You need to install it as a gauge in the aircraft you want to use it in. The ASN UI provides an easy way to do this, for all planes or specific ones: it's explained in the manual.

2. Select 'no weather' in the p3d scenario setup; then if you see clouds or reduced vis, ASN is injecting fine :). Alternatively, there is an option to show messages when weather is loaded (again, described in the manual).

3. I think it simply starts ASN when you launch p3d from rex. There is no way to choose textures automatically based on the weather (I guess you'll need to wait for Rex weather direct for that). It seems pretty pointless to me, as if you've opened Rex to choose textures for the weather manually, you'll have opened ASN already to check the weather!

4. I suggest enabling volume fog, detailed clouds, and if your system can handle it, max cloud coverage in p3d. ASN overrides cloud draw distance, and has an option to vary the distance with altitude/visibility. Please note that heavy clouds can have a high performance it, as with any weather add on, but ASN provides a lot of options to get a good balance between realism and performance: i suggest reducing cloud layers if your fps drops too much in heavy weather.

5. That's fine: you don't need a flight plan; it still gives very accurate weather without it.

6. No: if you have ASN running, it will override any p3d theme.

The ASN documentation is pretty good: I suggest reading it to understand all options.

Finally, I recommend the software highly: very realistic weather, and highly configurable. Although advertised as a beta, I've only found one issue in p3d: unrealistic visibility reduction in certain overcast situations, but this is on the list to be improved.

How this helps,

Jacob