Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

14MAR14: Forum Return-to-Service. IMPORTANT READ ALL

Actually with pmdg you have to go with the law of 4. If they say 1 month it actually means 4, 2 months said means 8 months. I wouldn't expect this bird until fall. Seriously it might be a race between fs labs and pmdg. Tony

Luke-

I just flew the latest iteration- and it needs more work...

Gonna be a bit longer, sorry.  :(

what.................... <_<

what.................... <_<

Relax......... deep breath......... positive vibes.........  ^_^

Luke, I believe the proper phrase should be don't hold your breath on this ever coming out anytime soon. I could care less about the 777-300er, I just want the dang service pack that is way over due.

Tony

Luke, I believe the proper phrase should be don't hold your breath on this ever coming out anytime soon. I could care less about the 777-300er, I just want the dang service pack that is way over due.

Tony

Wow... dude, relax... 

I just want the dang service pack that is way over due.

Let me save some of the guys at PMDG a breath or two...development of such a massive project takes a lot and I mean A LOT of time to complete, you can't just wake up one day and expect to release this, there might be hundreds if not thousands of things to sort out that may be wrong or that need fixing!

So just like the rest of us here patiently waiting for the SP and 300ER, please lets give PMDG a break from rude posts wanting them to hurry along and release the service pack because you're 'bored' of your highly complex 777!

I think the next news, there will be at 14.04.

But have no problem if it passert earlier :smile: 

Wow!

Some people need to realize that they are allowing themselves to get into discussions about an upcoming servicepack for the umpteenth addon for an 8-year-old computer game(!).

... but then again the PMDG B777 may be very close to becoming the latest milestone in the history of desktop flightsimming, once that SP has been released - at laaaaast!!!   :lol:

Tony

Do you want the service pack that works, or the one that doesn't?

If you want the one that works, stop whining and wait!

Do you want the service pack that works, or the one that doesn't?

If you want the one that works, stop whining and wait!

Tbh I dont care about the service pack I just want the 300ER

I think we are getting to the point that many out there, myself included, are fast losing patience with PMDG over the SP. 

I have no issue the 300ER taking time but this SP is long overdue imho.

I know the die hard PMG fans will not agree with me and probably criticize me for not realising how technical and difficult this would be, but that doesn't make my view any less/more valid.  We have been told on numerous occasions that the programming would enable a swift upgrade to the 300ER which has proven to be far from the case.

I do understand PMDG want to release the SP with the 300ER but at some point you may actually be creating enough bad will by holding up the release of the SP for the sake of new product to be losing customers by doing so.

Adding fuel to the fire was talk by the PMDG owners about the beta of the 300ER going to beta testing weeks ago but again paying customers have had to wait for the SP while they track down gremlins in the new product.

This is not meant to be disrespectful to PMDG but may seriously effect whether I bother with the 300ER which at one point was absolutely unthinkable.

Like it or not its the truth and I would bet I am not the only one that feels this way.

Regards

Barra

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

I think we are getting to the point that many out there, myself included, are fast losing patience with PMDG over the SP. 

I have no issue the 300ER taking time but this SP is long overdue imho.

I know the die hard PMG fans will not agree with me and probably criticize me for not realising how technical and difficult this would be, but that doesn't make my view any less/more valid.  We have been told on numerous occasions that the programming would enable a swift upgrade to the 300ER which has proven to be far from the case.

I do understand PMDG want to release the SP with the 300ER but at some point you may actually be creating enough bad will by holding up the release of the SP for the sake of new product to be losing customers by doing so.

Adding fuel to the fire was talk by the PMDG owners about the beta of the 300ER going to beta testing weeks ago but again paying customers have had to wait for the SP while they track down gremlins in the new product.

This is not meant to be disrespectful to PMDG but may seriously effect whether I bother with the 300ER which at one point was absolutely unthinkable.

Like it or not its the truth and I would bet I am not the only one that feels this way.

Regards

Barra

exactly... the SP1 is way over due... but the 300ER i do understand it takes time to develop almost a completely new exterior model but the SP1 its just script work... they should of released the SP1 earlier and that would of kept people busy until the 300ER release

exactly... the SP1 is way over due... but the 300ER i do understand it takes time to develop almost a completely new exterior model but the SP1 its just script work... they should of released the SP1 earlier and that would of kept people busy until the 300ER release

I believe you have this backwards. I would think the external model is pretty much done ages ago (only a small increase in length vs the -200LR) while the flight dynamics and Service Pack are consuming the bulk of development time.

I appreciate that it does take a long time to get things out, but it appears to be taking far longer than people expected - unfortunately, PMDG isn't a huge software developer, which can bring out patches every day of the week. PMDG is a smaller development company (which I quite like) and so it may take a while for products to be released and patched. PMDG strive for perfection, and they may not want to release a patch pre-maturely; which I can agree with.

I should think the -300ER would take longer than SP1, considering a long whole ago, the majority of known bugs were fixed and ready to go (according to the bug tracking thread). Unfortunately, we're just going to have to wait - it's out of our control and we cannot make it go faster. Sure, we can discuss the discontent, but it will be done when it is done. I know I am stating the obvious here, but I dislike to see people repeating past discussions and issues out of our control. 

Just think, in a few months you will have TWO great airplanes, both (hopefully) working as it should.

Anyway, fantastic news regarding the developments - and I look forward to purchasing both the -200LR/F and -300ER. I just need to save up the money! The biggest problem for me is getting my parents to allow me to do ultra-long haul flights!

No wonder they say that the patch is going to be released at the same time as the B777-300ER! If people ask for the patch then they can say that they are busy with the B777-300ER and vice versa. Very soon it will be release concurrently with the B747-400V2 as well?