Sign in to follow this  
NGXfanatic

Flight Simulator and the news

most of the talking heads know next to nothing about aviation

You could not have stated a truer observation

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :)

Many Internet news websites are motivated by the need for advertising revenue and can be as sensationalist as MSM. I particularly refer to the websites that allow comments from the public. I get so bored and annoyed with vindictive , denigrating, uninformed comments that I don't stay around for very long. If anyone can point me to a decent "Informative" site for realistic coverage I would be most grateful.

Sure, there might be an occasional raised eyebrow or a sarcastic comment from your friends, but that's all.

Guess that really depends on who your friends are. I personally haven't had any issues of the sort with any of my friends.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

...there's already enough armchair NTSB Investigator action going on in the MH 370 thread to choke a horse, so there's no need to bring that topic here or start another one.

Some of the posts in the other threads have postulated scenarios worthy of a Tom Clancy novel!!  They'd be entertaining if not for the fact that they are tied to such a real life tragedy.  :smile:

Guess that really depends on who your friends are. I personally haven't had any issues of the sort with any of my friends.

Neither have mine. They all know I'm an Aviation geek, but thankfully none of them have asked for my opinion about MH 370. That's OK too, 'cause I don't have one.

Jeff H -- I don't know how many times one can spin speculation... I guess until it becomes nonsensical!

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

"The idea that he was using a home simulator as a means to train himself to hijack the plane is ludicrous," he said. "Plenty of aviation enthusiasts have 'sims' at home.

Let's assume for the moment that it was the captain who hijacked the plane, and I don't mean to say that he did, but for argument's sake, we assume the captain hijacked the plane, then it was really the airline that trained him for the hijacking.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Well kudos to Kate Murphy for a good article on flight simming.

The only fault I could find with the article: when she mentioned that "Most virtual aviators use one of two simulator software programs, Microsoft’s FSX or Laminar Research’s X-Plane,"...

She forgot to mention that was because FS9 was dead. :LMAO:   (j/k of course!)

She forgot to mention that was because FS9 was dead. :LMAO: (j/k of course!)

LOL

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Russian news just posted, about flight. Everyone is dead, no survivors. Plane is lost. Unfortunately, it was just a headline, details will come later.

I searched on western news to try to find if there is any proof behind this? Because to me it sounds they have found wreck?

News conference In Malaysia by Prime Minister.  Reported new techniques used to analyse satellite ping data by system maker and British equivalent of NTSB indicates plane flew southern route with last ping position not far from recent debris sightings.  No place to land.  Fuel would have been used.  Concludes plane crashed in Indian Ocean west of Perth.  No survivors possible now.  All concluded as lost.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere