Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

So, where are we three months later?

Just curious.... what graphics card are you using?

Still haven't got more than a 10 minute flight on it. At least it stopped crashing with 2.1 but the AA is still unacceptable the lighting is terrible the shadows are un-usable .

No stutters or OOMs but I suspect that's because I still have default textures and zero addons installed.

Long live my smooth as butter FSX.

I think that's a personal issue, I can run P3D v2.1 smooth including addons and opus for the weather. Lighting and shadows are by far better than in FSX.

Just curious.... what graphics card are you using?

GTX670

As for stutters, I was getting horrible freezing until I decided to reset the P3D NVidia Inspector profile back to default and now it's as smooth as butter, with hardly a stutter in sight!

+1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

I've been authorized to talk a little about the next update and will be allowed to post a video of it next week

D@MM!T Rob,

I was hoping not to get any updates on P3D v2-dot-next until it was on the verge of release - if only to keep my personal expectations in check and not get too excited about what could be coming. That just got blown out of the water with your message. Ugh. Now I'm excited about what could be coming once again.

-Greg

@ Rob,

Thanks for the update B)

Do you know why they do not publish this kind of updates/information on the LM forum?

Because the last update is from 27 february.

I am hoping for an SLI solution more than the rest, although what was forecasted will be well and truly welcomed!

Rob, can you comment if you still use any 2.1 tweaks such as a low FFTF or Affinity in the new build (e.g. to manage stutters and blurries)?

Quick update, please understand I'm just helping LM with the Beta builds, I have no insight to the inner workings at LM nor the code.  

If you have specific scenarios you'd like me to look into, I will do my best but it will be dependent on what add-ons I'm currently using and how much free time I have at night.

I'm waiting for another beta build this week and will post some video from that build that includes cloud shadows.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, can you comment if you still use any 2.1 tweaks such as a low FFTF or Affinity in the new build (e.g. to manage stutters and blurries)?

I've only tested using changes to FFTF and Affinity.  FFTF seems to make less of a difference with this Beta, however Affinity does still help with fps.  This may change with the next build I receive from LM as I know Beau is working hard on threading changes.

I've only tested using changes to FFTF and Affinity. FFTF seems to make less of a difference with this Beta, however Affinity does still help with fps. This may change with the next build I receive from LM as I know Beau is working hard on threading changes.

Thanks Rob - can't wait (especially after reading further details on the v2.2 Dev blog)!

Is there any news on the blurry situation that us photo flyers suffer from the LOD radius being frozen too low? Thanks

I think you're in the same boat as me....graphics are underpowered by today's standards.  I am running an ati 6950 card which is also a 2gig card.  I will be upgrading soon though...

GTX670

No, I really don't think the GTX670 is the problem. P3D V2.1 is the problem.  If the card was hitting 100% all the time it would be an issue but it's not. There is no reason for it to be the issue if I'm running it on medium settings and default planes and scenery.

No, I really don't think the GTX670 is the problem. P3D V2.1 is the problem.  If the card was hitting 100% all the time it would be an issue but it's not. There is no reason for it to be the issue if I'm running it on medium settings and default planes and scenery.

I would agree, the GTX is by no means underpowered. Have you tried setting the graphics options within Inspector rather than via P3D? 2.2 should reduce the VAS by a half a gig though based on early estimates.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

I find it interesting that someone complains about the AA... but for others it's just fine. Perhaps it's not Prepar3D?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69