Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

OOM problem (Definitely not A pmdg fault)

Hello folks,

I was flying from Dubai to LTBA Istanbul today, any ways I have fly tampa Dubai and Taxi2gate Istanbul as well as rex 4, active sky next, ftx global + vectors, and Fsinn (vatsim).

I am using rex textures at 512x512 and ASN not on extreme settings. I've installed ftx vectors yesterday and today while approaching LTBA I've got an OOM. could that be the source? and if so what can I do to help it? I don't want to get rid of it as I have just bought it. any help appreciated!

specs: i2500k 3.4ghz 560Tigtx 8gb ram.

resolution:1920x1080x32

I tell everyone this. If you don't want an OOM error:

1.Save you flight midway or before T/D

2. Exit FSX, relaunch fsx and load your saved flight

3. ????

4. No OOM, 

Otherwise, it's something else. I also disable any scenery I'm not flying to in the scenery library.

But I recommend the save flight method. It always works for me.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I tell everyone this. If you don't want an OOM error:

1.Save you flight midway or before T/D

2. Exit FSX, relaunch fsx and load your saved flight

3. ????

4. No OOM, 

Otherwise, it's something else. I also disable any scenery I'm not flying to in the scenery library.

But I recommend the save flight method. It always works for me.

I am flying online, this is not an option at all my friend. but hey thanks for the tip.

I am flying online, this is not an option at all my friend. but hey thanks for the tip.

Can you try what David recommended with regard to disabling scenery that you're not flying to/near?

Of course you can. Just contact the controller and let them know you'll be disconnecting for a few minutes and then just reconnect when you've loaded the flight.

Gavin Price

When am flying the 777 I disable all scenery expect for my departure and arrival airport. I include in that FS Global and my expensive Alpine scenery. Takes a few minutes but since doing that I have not had an OOM. I should add that I use VOX ATC and I disable most of my AI planes. I have not tried VATSIM so I don't know if other aircraft etc effect OOM. I also have a special settings for the graphics etc in FSX for the 777 which I always load. I am using ASN and have slightly reduced the number of cloud layers. 

I hope that helps.

Uhh, why?? You can't re-connect? 

BetaTeamD.png

When am flying the 777 I disable all scenery expect for my departure and arrival airport. I include in that FS Global and my expensive Alpine scenery. Takes a few minutes but since doing that I have not had an OOM. I should add that I use VOX ATC and I disable most of my AI planes. I have not tried VATSIM so I don't know if other aircraft etc effect OOM. I also have a special settings for the graphics etc in FSX for the 777 which I always load. I am using ASN and have slightly reduced the number of cloud layers. 

I hope that helps.

that helps! thanks

Uhh, why?? You can't re-connect? 

it's just doesn't feel right...

Of course you can. Just contact the controller and let them know you'll be disconnecting for a few minutes and then just reconnect when you've loaded the flight.

never heard of that before...

BTW is running fsx on windowed mode can cause OOM?

that helps! thanks

it's just doesn't feel right...

never heard of that before...

BTW is running fsx on windowed mode can cause OOM?

Then I don't know what to tell you. It may give a "cheaty" feeling. ( mind you, you don't loose anything so what's the problem?)

But otherwise you will get OOMs on nearly every flight.

There is nothing wrong in telling the controller ( if radar contact is established) that you will be back in literally 2 minutes. 

If you want to eliminate OOMs for good when flying the T7. Save flight and reload saved flight is the best way possible, much safer than just disabling scenery. 

And no, windowed mode doesn't make a difference.

Good luck!

BetaTeamD.png

Then I don't know what to tell you. It may give a "cheaty" feeling. ( mind you, you don't loose anything so what's the problem?)

But otherwise you will get OOMs on nearly every flight.

There is nothing wrong in telling the controller ( if radar contact is established) that you will be back in literally 2 minutes. 

If you want to eliminate OOMs for good when flying the T7. Save flight and reload saved flight is the best way possible, much safer than just disabling scenery. 

And no, windowed mode doesn't make a difference.

Good luck!

thanks man! cheers.

Maybe try DX10 with Steves DX10 fixer. I also had the problem with OOMs and now i can fly without any problem.

Philipp Schwaegerl

Set your Resolution from 4096 to 1024 in the FSX.cfg (Graphics), so it looks like the same and your fsx won't crash.

its much better to encourage Lockheed Martin to develop a 64 bit simulator. I for one am so tired of hearing the "cut back your sliders/ settings" advice when lots of simmers have advanced PC systems that can handle the stress.

OOM should have been a thing of the past a long time ago in my opinion. This way PMDG can be free to develop with out the VAS hindrance.