Sign in to follow this  
biloo

Dirty wings and Dirty plane ?

Hi, 

Is there a way we can request someone to come up with some dirty wings textures or some dirty fuselage ?

This can add some character to the liveries and wingviews.

Take a look at this very dirty looking wing...... I like it:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Look closely at wing textures near the flaps there is dirt there, and the PIA repaint, by Jamal Naddem,that I use has a weathered look

Is that available on avsim library ?

Sorry ... I found it ....

Nice paint job there.

I should start an aircraft cleaning business. I could make a fortune! I'm gonna call it "Plane Dirty!". :lol:

• Upvote 2

What we're missing is a dedicated painter like Chris Hicks who produced excellent dirty & clean paints/textures for the PMDG 737NGX.......if only someone with the expertise could do the same for our 777's! That way you could pick & choose which specific airline/aircraft was clean or dirty.

I Just love the weathered look - there are also the Greased wheel textures also released by Jaml Nadeem - Im at work or else I would provide the avsim link - have a search for them on Avsim and Install those also, to complete that "dirty" look :)

I had no idea they retract the flaps so early. I always assumed they waited til around 10,000 feet.

I had no idea they retract the flaps so early. I always assumed they waited til around 10,000 feet.

You generally want to get into a clean configuration to accelerate and climb as soon as possible. Jet engines burn more fuel at lower altitudes than at higher altitudes.

That makes sense. Maybe I set my climb rate too high or my airspeed too low, but I get pretty nose high if I clean it up before I get past 250.

That makes sense. Maybe I set my climb rate too high or my airspeed too low, but I get pretty nose high if I clean it up before I get past 250.

If you're lightly loaded, you want to use a de-rated take-off and climb thrust. Other than that, I'd have to ask what your climb rate is.

I climb between 1600 and 1800fpm.

That's pretty low for a 777. As long as your FMC is set properly, just use vnav and it will show you how it wants to climb and when it wants to accelerate. Pilots rarely, if ever, fly using vs in airliners because it offers no protection. Pilots usually climb using a specific power setting and pitching to maintain airspeed, which is what vnav will do.

Overall under normal condition you should be departing using VNAV and you should be able to follow speed call outs for when you should start retracting flaps. 

Whats up with people wanting to fly over-dirty and unmaintained aircraft?

Over-dirty does not mean the plane is not maintained.