Sign in to follow this  
Sportsfan23

Pro Flight Emulator?

Not direct from the developer and for 6.99 its not.

It's been available since 2010!!!!

Cheers, Andy.

Is there a demo available? The YouTube videos I have seen are not impressive, very robotic sounding.

How bizarre... I've had PFE for years, and apart from the setup and GUI being a little 'cumbersome', it's a great addon and has (IMO) by far the LEAST robotic voices of other similar addons like it.

Pretty big break for updates 4 years. 

I'm shocked it was updated at all. I want to say the developer said there would be no more updates a while back.

NAX669.png

Is there a demo available? The YouTube videos I have seen are not impressive, very robotic sounding.

Read post #19 Captain. Also most call signs are read, Not many foxtrot oscar bravo's. Once you get the hang of setting it up, it is a piece of cake.

It is more immersive  in Europe and Downunder, as you get different accents etc. The Oceanic ATC is unique, and is the only addon for fsx that has this feature.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Read post #19 Captain. Also most call signs are read, Not many foxtrot oscar bravo's. Once you get the hang of setting it up, it is a piece of cake.

It is more immersive  in Europe and Downunder, as you get different accents etc. The Oceanic ATC is unique, and is the only addon for fsx that has this feature.

Badfinger - I read your post and believe me I want this to be great, but better than others does not equate to good if others are bad. The YouTube videos are not that great, can you link a video that shows what PFE really sounds like? $50 is a lot of money.

thanks

Badfinger - I read your post and believe me I want this to be great, but better than others does not equate to good if others are bad. The YouTube videos are not that great, can you link a video that shows what PFE really sounds like? $50 is a lot of money.

thanks

That is fair comment Ric. Go here https://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

tf51d Tom is a regular here @Avsim, and he has done some PFE video's.

ATC addons are like weather addons, where personal taste come into play, so it is hard for me to say if it is your cuppa tea or not.

It can be a gamble.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

thanks

Try going here too: http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/pfe_details1.htm and listen to some of the Expansion & Enhancement pack voice examples.  Not robotic at all (and my voice has never been called robotic - perhaps you may have heard a voice example of the original ProFlight Emulator ?).  Another cool feature that you hear sometimes is static interference during voice transmission - nice touch  :wink:

Not direct from the developer and for 6.99 its not.

The web link shows the page as not having been updated since 2010. So if it is really a new update where is it?