Hi people, 

Was thinking of maybe buying a 29" widescreen monitor aspect ratio 21:9 to use for fsx. 

Would this work with fsx? Im using trackir5 and basically wanted to extend my view around the cockpit. I dont want it to just be a squashed view of the VC, i wanted to be able to extend the view to see out the side windows. 

Any help would be appreciated :)

Mick

Mick,i have two 29" ASUS PB298Q and i love them.

No problems with FSX and i don`t notice an FPS impact.

You might pay attention on the ergonomic aspects of the ASUS`s.

Many others don`t have these features and i find them very helpful,

because the Displays are not very high and so you can adjust them perfectly,

when you change your seat position

Mike

At 21:9 I think it will look too letterbox with very little vertical view

I agree with Glenn, all you'll end up with is no view of the instruments below.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hello Mick,

I tried one for a few days, for the same reasons you suggest however, I really missed height as others have mentioned, I didn't work well for me but each to their own!

Phil

Mick, if you want the benefit of a bigger, wider monitor with extra resolution, then I can THOROUGHLY recommend the Dell 30" that runs at 2560x1600 res. Although there now appears to be several alternatives from other manufacturers.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

I agree with Glenn, all you'll end up with is no view of the instruments below.

Do you call me blind,stupid or a lyer,Sir?

You shouldn`t write such a nonsense,when you doesn`t own an 29" Display.

Mike

Do you call me blind,stupid or a lyer,Sir?

You shouldn`t write such a nonsense,when you doesn`t own an 29" Display.

Mike

I don't understand what your problem is, but I suggest you go away and rethink about how you talk to people who are trying to help. You probably aren't blind, but with an attitude like your's, I agree with your comment and believe you may well be stupid.

Howard

I love my new 21:9 29" monitor. Replaced my triple monitor setup with it.

Here's a look at the 737NGX on mine.

IMG_1368.jpg

I love my new 21:9 29" monitor. Replaced my triple monitor setup with it.

Here's a look at the 737NGX on mine.

Looks good Shaun, but you are extremely zoomed out there.

Can you actually read the numbers on the VC panel?

Also a lot of people find depth/distance perception at that zoom level pretty unrealistic.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I don't understand what your problem is, but I suggest you go away and rethink about how you talk to people who are trying to help. You probably aren't blind, but with an attitude like your's, I agree with your comment and believe you may well be stupid.

Well Howard---i am very sorry about my poor english.

I am not able to answer you the way i would like to do!

Mike

Looks good Shaun, but you are extremely zoomed out there.

Can you actually read the numbers on the VC panel?

Also a lot of people find depth/distance perception at that zoom level pretty unrealistic.

gb.

Yeah, I was testing my displays when I took the photo.  Here's some more pics for comparison.

MFD displays are readable to me and I have no problem with the view. Works perfectly fine to me, but like you said, some may not like it.

How the PMDG 777 Starts up by default.

IMG_1466.jpg

777 zoomed out one click to .60

IMG_1467.jpg

My EZDok View for the now.

IMG_1468.jpg

How the PMDG 737NGX starts by default

IMG_1469.jpg

737NGX zoomed out one click to .60

IMG_1470.jpg

My 737NGX EZDok view

IMG_1471.jpg

Once I get new mini MIP built this how'll mostly fly though.

IMG_1472.jpg

Hmm, I'm unsure where the benefits are. I really don't wish to be dismissive, so forgive me, but I feel as though the FOV is nothing more than a standard 16:10 monitor but with less height.

Howard

I'm personally looking at using two 27" monitors, one primarily for out-the-window views and the other, below it, for a full instrument panel I currently have spread across two 17" monitors.

That said, ideally, I'd like to run 3 27" monitors for out the window views, and two 17" for instruments below...

Hmm, I'm unsure where the benefits are. I really don't wish to be dismissive, so forgive me, but I feel as though the FOV is nothing more than a standard 16:10 monitor but with less height.

Pretty much.  For a 29" monitor the 21:9 is just over 1" wider but about 4" shorter.

http://www.displaywars.com/29-inch-21x9-vs-29-inch-16x10

I personally prefer a wider than taller desktop. I also use this pc/monitor for more than just FSX so the wider desktop has other benefits for me.

But again... that's me.