Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Going from FSX(DX10) to P3D...the difference in my case:?

Well...soon will have my first execute of P3D v2.2

Wish me luck....

Thanks, lol.

"Yeah..yeah..yeah....wanted the 64 bit...but the 'Curious Mitch' got the best of me. Now for an evening of playing around...downloading triple install ORBX stuff...and installing....playing around....well, all you before me, down this path, know THAT DRILL!"....

sigh...

You can do it...we'll be here to help :good:

You can do it...we'll be here to help :good:

My first problem....(sheesh!)

I wanted it installed to a hard drive other than my O.S.  C: drive...it didn't, even though I had the set up folder on the drive I wanted it to be installed to. So...how do you make the Set Up.exe install to the drive you wish P3D to be located?!?

Post Edit:  Got it...I missed it completely on the bottom under OPTIONS.

Please disregard...and will be installing again..on proper drive! :)

First flight, and sim at 80 percent on most sliders to their max on others.  Check boxes all filled in.

One word Folks...

Fabulous LM's P3D v2.2 is simply....FABULOUS!

End of statement.

Post Edit:  Got it...I missed it completely on the bottom under OPTIONS.

Quelle surprise, eh? FSX has the same "Options" button to allow one to browse to another drive and/or folder... :He He:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The 680 is plenty of card for P3D.

Just don't use cloud shadows and you will be fine.

The GTX 680 isn't even breathing hard...and I have to say...with ALL shadows engaged. I had the shadows at full bore...but visually pulled them back to what I feel is more, R.W. It was not a FPS performance issue that decided that...merely visuals.

A GTX 680 running the latest nVidia Beta driver is a killer combination, and you do not have to have a 7xx series with higher than 2 GB memory...to run v.2.2 well.  I know. I knew as of one hour ago....(smile).

One word Folks...

Fabulous LM's P3D v2.2 is simply....FABULOUS!

End of statement.

Good to see you on P3D Mitch.  I hope your flights are filled with the "wow's" that many P3D users experience when flying in a much more immersive environment.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Quelle surprise, eh? FSX has the same "Options" button to allow one to browse to another drive and/or folder... :He He:

Yes...LOL...kick me...lol.

I never used the FSX 'other drive' installation...and certainly missed this. I just deleted the C: install..and ran the mask again.

Having a ball.....what a flight simulator. All early adopters...were right on, with their praise, n4fix!

Good to see you on P3D Mitch.  I hope your flights are filled with the "wow's" that many P3D users experience when flying in a much more immersive environment.

It's fantastic.  I highly recommend all FSX'ers to pay up...and see for themselves...and NOT RELY on videos, pics, third-hand opinions. Just pay up...and see for yourself what gives.  Folks...the sim is amazing......

Soon, I am going to start importing all my ORBX candy....can't wait!

One final comment...and then will give everybody a break for the exuberance...lol

----------------------------------------------------------------

Military aircraft...could never use them in FSX because of the stutter...and whatever.

I just buzzed a helpless A320....with the Raptor..and just wanted to ask...what sort of prison time, could I get with that action?!?!?!?

Smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth coming up on its '6' and blowing by it...at mach......WOW....what a ball!  The terrain updating at mach...has to be seen, to be believed, with no out-of-focus. How did LM do this?!?!?

No folks...I'm having no fun, or immersive content...since buying in an hour and a half ago...nope...none whatsoever, ROTFLMAO!!!!!

I'm getting there.....

Have quite a few ORBX installed, as well as some FSX port overs...

Can't wait to see it all in play....but later on tonight, I gather...

Still having fun doing the installing......it's like munching on crackers and eyeing that glass of water on the table.....