Sign in to follow this  
Aviationisdabomb

PMDG 777 Landing Gear won't retract!

To me it doesn't look like a fix, but a workaround ...

I have to agree Olli, did not work for my situation. Certainly not a fix.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Rog Stryx Z790-A,  Intel i9-14900KF,  Asus ROG Ryujin III 360 , Asus Hyperion Case,Rog Stryx 4090 OC, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD,64Gb G Skill Memory, Asus Aura 1200W Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG C4 48" 4K OLED Screen., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Maybe it only works for pirated  versions :P   before anyone  starts  see that I put  a smiley  in there

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thank you Jon, and the others (you know who you are) who walk the path less traveled.

Chad, I do agree that some jump the gun in these situations, and I reflected that  in my earlier post in this thread.

I still feel uncomfortable that the OP still after repeated requests to put his full name in his posts declined to do so.

I realize he volunteered a workaround, but if you saw a bank robber helping an old lady cross the street, do you shake his hand or call the police ?

Also, he mentioned that he forgot where he found the fix. Senondly, he stated the the gear does not show up and guages in MP.

Reading between the lines, his gear does not show up at all unless he alters the standard xml.

In my case, my gear does show, but does not operate as advertised. A big difference here.

If he had provided his name, i would have taken it more seriously. I did however took humbridge at posters who were quick to jump on him. But until he proves he is a genuine customer, I must assume that he might be walking the plank.

Maybe it only works for pirated  versions :P   before anyone  starts  see that I put  a smiley  in there

Thinking the same. :P All it did was remove the ability for me to take a screen shot using the "V" key

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Rog Stryx Z790-A,  Intel i9-14900KF,  Asus ROG Ryujin III 360 , Asus Hyperion Case,Rog Stryx 4090 OC, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD,64Gb G Skill Memory, Asus Aura 1200W Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG C4 48" 4K OLED Screen., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Getting back to your issue Julian  as Ollie has pointed out  in a earlier  thread  you  sure  you havnt  assigned   the g  key assignment to another addon  that's requires you  to press  the keys  etc  to work

ps  don't worry  going to solve  this issue  if its the last thing we do or  this is going to be  the longest running  thread besides  the mh370  that's still going  on -_-

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

OK folks, this is MORE than fishy.  Do me a favor and look up this exact string on Google (somehow can't post a link) 

"pmdg 777"+"standard.xml"+"gear_set"

First result is here.  Look at ALL the others.  Funny how he doesn't remember where he found this.  It's not a fix - it's a workaround for pirated versions.

I reported this whole thread a couple of days ago and it didn't change anything - hopefully now it'll be removed.

sig01.png

More  than fishy now  thx for the heads up on this  as I thought 

Peter kelberg

Ok well , I stand corrected, thank you max2270. Perhaps I was the one the jumped the gun here.

It is easy to think someone is genuine Jon, and then they shoot themselves in the foot down the track. Which the OP has done without too much help :)

Getting back to your issue Julian as Ollie has pointed out in a earlier thread you sure you havnt assigned the g key assignment to another addon

Searched for that one Pete, and can just about rule it out. I have just re installed the T7, so over the next few days will see how it goes. And if I experience another gear disagree, I will send in a ticket.

Your right about this thread, it is getting long :)

I reported this whole thread a couple of days ago and it didn't change anything - hopefully now it'll be removed

Thanks Max. Hopefully they will do something.

I see that I might have made a mistake in defending someone here.

If that is the case, I man up and admit I screwed up!

Am not into thieves...period.

I see that I might have made a mistake in defending someone here.

If that is the case, I man up and admit I screwed up!

Am not into thieves...period.

Hi Chad,

Catching the thieves out sometimes can take a little time, and most times they are not the sharpest knives in the draw, and posting for help here proves that.

What you posted at the time was fair, with what information was available at the time. Why should you feel guilty. You shouldn't.

Guest Aaron Cumberland

I'm sorry but I find it impossible to believe that the usual corps of morons who pirate software could've in any conceivable way bypassed the very extensive copy protection schemes implemented by PMDG.      Robert Randazzo himself was directly quoted by the Flexnet Licensing Service (used by PMDG) as saying that this kind of technology virtually makes piracy a thing of the past.

There are some extremely smart individuals associated with PMDG, and one can assume their collective programming ability will easily defeat the average teenage mutant turtlehead who attempts to outwit them from his mom's basement.     We are talking advanced PhD's vs. 8th grade educations, and I think we can safely conclude who the ultimate victor will always be in this situation.     Just a friendly reality check here, folks.   

I will admit that I happen to live in my mom's basement, but there is a wholly different range of issues going on in my particular situation.    Best Buy doesn't pay worth s*** and the basement is the only place my laser cats feel comfortable.     I just didn't want anyone to think I was dissing people who live in basements and trying to label them all as a group.    

Oh and yes I realize that Newegg sells the same crap as Best Buy for about 50 percent cheaper and you don't have to pay sales tax, but you're causing this to happen when you do:

best-buy-employees.jpg

Can you live with yourself much?

Sadly, there are some quite knowledgeable guys or gals on the pirate side of things too. If it were only the kids you described, extensive protection wouldn't even be necessary.