Sign in to follow this  
RockOla

Fifty Shades of Grey (Clouds)

:ph34r:

I just completed this flight, from Lyon to Strasbourg, France.

The typical 1-hour-flight I can realistically fly, having 2 children  -_-

Parked at the short-haul hub, well surrounded by Air France low-cost and regional airlines : Hop!, Brit Air, Airlinair, Regional. Boarding completed, we are cleared to taxi to 18R.

01.jpg

Pushback, GSX style, engine start up, flaps one notch. Let's roll !

02.jpg

One minute after TO, following SID MABES 6S : 4,2 nm from LSE, heading left to intercept 328° LTP radial...
04.jpg

05.jpg

... and then, to DANBO a few miles North LFLL
06.jpg

End of SID, quietly climbing to FL250
07.jpg

Enjoying cloud shadows, and the sense of depth it provides
08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

After a steep 2 500ft/mn descent to 8 500ft, we are approaching SOREM, the 3rd point of STAR LUL 6V. In the background, somewhere lost in the mist, Mount Saint Odile, where in 1992 Flight Air Inter #148 crashed while approaching LFST.
11.jpg

This flight is my modest tribute to the passengers who lost their lives without even knowing what was happening.
12.jpg

Turning around Initial Approach Fix SAV, under a thick cloud layer.
13.jpg

This panorama gives you an idea of the atmosphere over the Rhein. Beyond this natural barrier, Germany.
131.jpg

About 16nm later, on approach, the sun shyly breaks through
14.jpg

Final approach, 4 to 5 kts front wind
15.jpg

Not looking for a kiss landing at all price but this one was a great example...
16.jpg

Leaving the runway, to the parking
17.jpg

Arrived at gate A27
18.jpg

During deboarding, clouds and their shadow were passing above the airfield, I stared at the screen for 1 minute or 2, just watching the scene. 
19.jpg

Thanks for watching

Thanks for sharing... Nice one! :)

Is it Flight1 ATR-72? (wasn't aware that it worked in P3D)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Nope, I do not own it (and I am not sure it works with P3D too)

This is ISDT freeware ATR which I merged with Denmark's ATR panel.

:ph34r:

I just completed this flight, from Lyon to Strasbourg, France.

The typical 1-hour-flight I can realistically fly, having 2 children  -_-

Amen to that my friend, and I only have one!  :lol:

What sceneries did you use? Jennasoft Lyon, right? Is that the freeware Strasbourg that I've seen in the library? How about the rest, is that stock P3D?

Amen to that my friend, and I only have one!  :lol:

My oldest son is 2 1/2 yo, and he's starting to show interest for aviation. Serious business will now begin  B)

The sceneries : Jennasoft LFLL that's correct, and freeware Strasbourg (a masterpiece...), correct too. FS Genesis mesh, FTX Global.

My oldest son is 2 1/2 yo, and he's starting to show interest for aviation. Serious business will now begin  B)

The sceneries : Jennasoft LFLL that's correct, and freeware Strasbourg (a masterpiece...), correct too. FS Genesis mesh, FTX Global.

If the oldest is 2.5 you must be a busy man! My boy is 2 years and 2 months, so a very similar age - he is showing signs of an interest in aviation and I've even managed to teach him where the ailerons are on his toy plane and what they do  :lol:

He goes on his first aeroplane in less than a month (EGKK to Faro) so hopefully he will enjoy that.

I'll get hold of Strasbourg as I tend to do 1hr-ish hops out of Gatwick and am a bit fed up of CDG and Geneva (hence why I bought LFLL about a week ago). I use something a bit different for France, not sure how well known it is - Business Class from Scenerybox. Photoscenery for all of France @ 2m per pixel, so great for IFR. Only drawback is no autogen.

Awesome P3D v2 shots... 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

If the oldest is 2.5 you must be a busy man! My boy is 2 years and 2 months, so a very similar age - he is showing signs of an interest in aviation and I've even managed to teach him where the ailerons are on his toy plane and what they do  :lol:

He goes on his first aeroplane in less than a month (EGKK to Faro) so hopefully he will enjoy that.

Oh, boy ! When I see how excited my boy was when he took the train, I cannot imagine how he would be, taking the plane ! The youngest is only 6 months old : when I am alone looking after him, I feel busier than in an A320 cockpit...

I'll get hold of Strasbourg as I tend to do 1hr-ish hops out of Gatwick and am a bit fed up of CDG and Geneva (hence why I bought LFLL about a week ago). I use something a bit different for France, not sure how well known it is - Business Class from Scenerybox. Photoscenery for all of France @ 2m per pixel, so great for IFR. Only drawback is no autogen.

I do not know this product from Scenerybox. But the lack of autogen is a no-go for me. Especially since P3D allows more autogen at low FPS cost (I think this is related to offloading autogen to the GPU).

I talked about children, but even before having them, I was not fond of 10 hours flights. Size does matter to me, but the shorter, the better  :P

Oh, boy ! When I see how excited my boy was when he took the train, I cannot imagine how he would be, taking the plane ! The youngest is only 6 months old : when I am alone looking after him, I feel busier than in an A320 cockpit...

Yeah he's only been on the train a couple of times and got very excited at that. Just hoping the enthusiasm doesn't give way to fear as trying to calm a toddler for 2 hours doesn't appeal! Babies are more complicated than flying planes yet they don't even come with a manual or QRH!!

I do not know this product from Scenerybox. But the lack of autogen is a no-go for me. Especially since P3D allows more autogen at low FPS cost (I think this is related to offloading autogen to the GPU).

Ah ok, it depends if you are a photoscenery fan or not. Scenerybox are a French company, a lesser known version of FranceVFR and as well the Business Class product they do offer all of France (by region) at a much higher resolution - but at a cost in terms of money and disk space. I do keep being tempted by things like FTX Global though because the lack of autogen can spoil immersion at low altitudes - does it suffer from the usual 'samey'-ness at high altitude?

I talked about children, but even before having them, I was not fond of 10 hours flights. Size does matter to me, but the shorter, the better  :P

Same here, even before the little man arrived it was probably 2 hours max at a time, never really did long haul at all...

This is ISDT freeware ATR which I merged with Denmark's ATR panel

So how difficult was it to merge the two?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

I could be a liar and pretend it took me 100 hours+, over 10 weeks etc.

But it basically consisted in moving the panel folder from Denmark to ISDT  -_-

I could be a liar and pretend it took me 100 hours+, over 10 weeks etc.

But it basically consisted in moving the panel folder from Denmark to ISDT  -_-

Many aren't used to that kind of simplicity.  This reality hasn't been in place for over 8 years.  Some haven't been around long enough to remember how easy things used to be.  B)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2