Sign in to follow this  
Bicilindrico

Interested in Triple Monitors Setup

20141224_221114.jpg

20141224_224559.jpg

20141224_221107.jpg

20141224_221046.jpg

Guys,

AS you can see above I finally managed to get it working. The only thing it is left is to make a flight. The undocked panels correspond to any change I make through the VC cockpit. I saved the configuration, re-opened it and it was there as I had left it.

The only "drawback" is that I have to just move slightly every undocked panel so as to come "alive" in the correct way, for each panel is "stretched" at the beginning. When I do just grab each and move it just a bit, then every panel runs correctly. Does anyone know if this can be fixed also? (I will take a pic next time to show you what I mean).

The Last THING I have to solve is the Overhead Panel problem (can't be undocked, I tried also PMDG B777 with the same results). The cursor comes dead (instead of arrow, "spinning" sign, and the frames drop, as something has been opened somewhere, but nothing can be seen- I started a topic in the AVSIM PMDG support forum and I sent a ticket to the official PMDG site waiting for a response).

I have to try and follow WotanUK's advise (panel.cfg file and reenter the resolution size that corresponds to the panel I want to undock).

I will stay tuned for further updates...

Dimitris

Hi Dimitris...your setup just blew me out...wow...might start preparing to save more money...

so in any case i wonder that you are eager to do your first flight...

any updates from someone if you are adjusting the bezel correction each time or it can be saved by any means pls...

merry xmas to all

emann

Hi - "natively" it supports two. I am not interested in tinkering with system BIOS.

then maybe it would be a good idea to upgrade your GPU so as to be able to connect up to 4 monitors.

Anyone that can give any advise about the bezel adjustment save option?

then maybe it would be a good idea to upgrade your GPU so as to be able to connect up to 4 monitors.

Anyone that can give any advise about the bezel adjustment save option?

The bezel adjustment should not be resetting itself.

Something wrong if it is.

Make sure you have the bevel adjusted resolution selected in FSX's display options.

It should be something like 6000x1080, which is greater than the typical 5760x1080 non adjusted resolution.

You could also check the fsx.cfg and make sure there is not a 5760x1080 redundant entry there.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

The bezel adjustment should not be resetting itself.

Something wrong if it is.

Make sure you have the bevel adjusted resolution selected in FSX's display options.

It should be something like 6000x1080, which is greater than the typical 5760x1080 non adjusted resolution.

You could also check the fsx.cfg and make sure there is not a 5760x1080 redundant entry there.

gb.

Hmmmm

In fact in fsx settings I have checked the 5760×1080 resolution.

So gboz you mean I have to change this and choose the greater resolution.

Also check the fsx.cfg file and change to this 6000×1080 adjusted resolution?

And then re adjust the bezel in the NVsurround?

Hmmmm

In fact in fsx settings I have checked the 5760×1080 resolution.

So gboz you mean I have to change this and choose the greater resolution.

Also check the fsx.cfg file and change to this 6000×1080 adjusted resolution?

And then re adjust the bezel in the NVsurround?

First you go through the nvidia control panel bevel adjustment when you are at the Windows desktop (where you line up the diagonal roads).

This is where the approximate 6000x1080 bevel corrected resolution is created.

You should only have to do this once.

After starting FSX you must select this new ~6000x1080 resolution in the FSX display options.

If this works you should not have to touch the fsx.cfg file.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

First you go through the nvidia control panel bevel adjustment when you are at the Windows desktop (where you line up the diagonal roads).

After starting FSX you must select this new ~6000x1080 resolution in the FSX display options.

gb.

Thank you gb. I will try this way!

You all are so helpful.

Cheers

Dimitris

gb.

Dear gboz,

I followed your suggestion, and when I entered the airport, I saw again that the bezel correction had not been there. Does it mean now that I will have to deal with the FSX.cfg file?

If yes, what should I look for?

Cheers

Dimitris

Dear gboz,

I followed your suggestion, and when I entered the airport, I saw again that the bezel correction had not been there. Does it mean now that I will have to deal with the FSX.cfg file?

If yes, what should I look for?

Cheers

Dimitris

Dimitris I just realized you are operating in Windowed mode, yes?

You will have to set the resolution of your three monitor desktop to the bevel corrected resolution, either via Windows or the NV control panel.

gb.

Dimitris I just realized you are operating in Windowed mode, yes?

You will have to set the resolution of your three monitor desktop to the bevel corrected resolution, either via Windows or the NV control panel.

gb.

Yes I am operating always in windows mode.

After I adjust the bevel correction, how can I know what is the precise resolution after the adjustment?

And after I find the resolution numbers where will I put it?

In nvidia control panel under the displays section?

For example after I followed the steps you suggested, in FSX settings I found the resolution 5927×1080×32 and I chose this resolution. Should I change it again?

I got a little bit confused now... :)

after bezel correction the resolution is always higher than 5760 (3x1920)

I use triple monitor with bezel corrections and my resolution is 6020x1080

Yes I am operating always in windows mode.

After I adjust the bevel correction, how can I know what is the precise resolution after the adjustment?

And after I find the resolution numbers where will I put it?

In nvidia control panel under the displays section?

For example after I followed the steps you suggested, in FSX settings I found the resolution 5927×1080×32 and I chose this resolution. Should I change it again?

I got a little bit confused now... :)

If you have not gone through the bevel adjustment routine again do not change it.

Make sure you then set the desktop resolution of the Surround monitor setup to the same value, ie 5927x1080x32.

If you ever run the bevel adjustment routine again the resolution you want will always be the highest one listed.

Since you are in windowed mode the the resolution you set in fsx will not make a difference but you may as well set it anyway just to be consistent.

gb.

Some new pictures of my fresh monitor cockpit

20141229_205949.jpg

20141229_210042.jpg

20141229_210022.jpg

20141229_210005.jpg

20141229_205949.jpg

Still waiting an answer/solution relating to undocking the Overhead Panel from PMDG support (have to also try WotanUK's advise, see above)

Also, I have not yet tried to adjust the bevel correction. I get confused in the Nvidia Control Panel and I am afraid that the configuration might be lost and that I will have to remake it. Should I disable first the secong GPU (with the extra 3 monitors) before adjusting the bevel correction to the 3X32" TVs? Probably.....?? !!

Apart from that, I enjoy every flight I make. Domestic flights till now, so as to get used to the new configuration..

Cheers

Dimitris