Sign in to follow this  
Werner747

Longest 777 flight...

Hi everyone,

I recently installed the Aux tanks for the 777 and tackled a flight from my VA's home base in KORD direct to YSSY.   The route I pulled from SimBrief is 9550nm and with a fairly good load of pax and cargo I completed the flight in just under 22 hours.   Thoroughly enjoyable!

Quite a remarkable aircraft this!

Kind regards

Wow. Nice. :)

my first Long Haul flight will start (EGLL - KDEN), if PMDG is going to release the SP1 + 300ER in the next 4-5 Weeks. I need the 300ER + the weather radar badly for a long flight. :)

BTW. My longest flight was OMDB - LSGG. 2654,4nm

Philipp Schwaegerl

KDFW - WSSS, Dallas Fort Worth to Singapore Changi, Distance: 8,617 nm, Time: 17:54, Fuel Burnoff: 312,342 lbs, Cruise: LRC (Westbound)

KJFK - WSSS, New York Kennedy to Singapore Changi, Distance: 8,986.1 nm, Time: 18:39, Fuel Burnoff: 324,161 lbs, Cruise: CI 85 (Eastbound)

VHHH-EGLL trying to replicate a Boeing fight that occurred sometime in the 90s' to show how far a 777 would fly. The route didn't go over the Artic as they normally would. It went across the middle of the Pacific, enterd the U.S. airspace around KLAX and left north of Boston and straight across the North Atlantic to EGLL. I had the standard and three optional tanks full of fuel. It took 23.5 hours and arrived with a reserve of about 25000 lbs. Tailwinds all the way. No time compression.  

VHHH-EGLL trying to replicate a Boeing fight that occurred sometime in the 90s' to show how far a 777 would fly. The route didn't go over the Artic as they normally would. It went across the middle of the Pacific, enterd the U.S. airspace around KLAX and left north of Boston and straight across the North Atlantic to EGLL. I had the standard and three optional tanks full of fuel. It took 23.5 hours and arrived with a reserve of about 25000 lbs. Tailwinds all the way. No time compression.

Actually it was around '03 '04 I believe because it was done with the 777LR which wasn't build until 2003. I did that flight too. Took forever

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

I did that flight too. Took forever

It was long. Left Hong Kong sometime during the night and flew into two sunrises and didn't get to Heathrow until there was only about 2 hours of daylight left.

In the real world, no airline opted for the aux tanks in the interest of cargo revenue.  I remember 10 years ago QF considered the -200LR for direct LHR-SYD, but one of the legs would still have required a fuel stop.  Singapore flew its SIN-EWR route on the A345, but it would have been nice to see them use the -200LR on this 9,500 mile flight.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I was looking at fitting in a EGLL-YSSY or YMML the other day, but then things conspired against me and I had to quash that session. Maybe one day next week I try again :)

Alaister Kay

Nowadays, I've been planning to do it from LTBA-KSFO. After getting a nice airport scenery of KSFO, all I need is a full weekend. ^_^  

It was long. Left Hong Kong sometime during the night and flew into two sunrises and didn't get to Heathrow until there was only about 2 hours of daylight left.

Actually, the flight was in 2005 and flown by Chief Test Pilot Captain Suzanna Darcy-Hennemann, who was a Key Note Speaker at our FANCON in San Diego earlier that year. It was flown from Hong Kong to London in a 777-200LR Worldliner that was the newest entry at the time and flew 22 hours and 43 minutes in the air and 11,664 miles. Here is an excerpt of the report:

Boeing arrives in London at end of world's longest nonstop flight by a commercial airliner

By EMILY BEHLMANN

10 November 2005

LONDON (AP) - A Boeing Co. jet arrived in London from Hong Kong on Thursday after 22 hours and 43 minutes in the air, breaking the record for the longest nonstop flight by a commercial jet.

The 777-200LR Worldliner -- one of Boeing's newest planes -- touched down shortly after 1 p.m. (1300 GMT) at London's Heathrow Airport after a journey of more than 18,662 kilometers (11,664 miles).

A representative of Guinness World Records, which monitored the flight, presented Boeing's Lars Andersen with a certificate confirming it was for the longest nonstop commercial flight.

Captain Suzanna Darcy-Hennemann, was at the controls when the plane left Hong Kong, said the trip east across the Pacific had been bumpy.

"But we had a great ride across the United States ... and across the Atlantic we saw our second sunrise of the trip," she said.

The previous record was set when a Boeing 747-400 flew 17,039 kilometers (10,500 miles) from London to Sydney in 1989.

Andersen said the Hong Kong-to-London flight showed the future of air travel.

"With the 777-200LR, we are changing the world," he said. "Passengers can fly commercially between just about any two cities nonstop."

The plane had four pilots and was carrying 35 passengers and crew, including Boeing representatives, journalists and customers.

I have flown KCHO, KIAD, KLAX and then to Sydney and then to Canberra. Total time from door step to hotel pillow; 36 hours. Total flight time: 23 hours. I can't imagine doing that in one flight.

wow...I thought I had done a long flight recently but it doesn't hold a candle to some of those posted.  VHHH-KMEM (FDX)...15 hrs and change.  It was good fun.

Chris B. Trane