Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

New Garmin GPS option?

Cool.  So it's basically like what Reality XP did for the 430/530, building a front end on the Garmin Trainer.  Now if only we could get something built on top of the Garmin Trainer for P3D.

Cool.  So it's basically like what Reality XP did for the 430/530, building a front end on the Garmin Trainer.  Now if only we could get something built on top of the Garmin Trainer for P3D.

I think they are working on it.   I will be a buyer of at least the 650 when that happens. 

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Can someone post some pics of their integration?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This forum no longer allows uploading screenshots..

Bert

This forum no longer allows uploading screenshots..

That's not completely correct, Bert - you can no longer host pictures here, but if you use an external host, such as Dropbox, you can easily copy/paste the piece of code that embeds the pictures here. You can read the full story in the Picture Embedding Tutorial.

Best regards,

Pics would be great. Since the knobs are a minimal, largely flat interface, is the lack of 3d integration a big deal or does it feel pretty normal when panning around and such? 

This is very cool, but I'm going to hold off on purchasing until I see how well developers are integrating it into their VC's.

Looks nice, I might eventually go for the 650 when some devs start merging it with their planes.

I'm really interested in these avionics as well. I played a few hours with the trainer and it's very impressive indeed. But for the full immersion it requires a 3D integration into the VC. To increase the chances for this to happen it is important that we contact the 3rd party developers about it. I doubt that they will do the extra work if they have the feeling that nobody is really interested in this. I already contacted RealAir and A2A. It would be great if you could contact your favorite aircraft developer as well.

As soon as this is integrated into the Duke V2 and/or A2A C172 I'm happy to purchase both units :smile:

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Hi Tim,

A2A has contacted us and we will be assisting them with VC integration in the very near future.

Regards

Jim

A2A has contacted us and we will be assisting them with VC integration in the very near future.

Very good news Jim.  Thanks!

Scott

What's not obvious until you go to the Flight One website is that the data is geographically limited. "The terrain map included with the GTN 750 and 650 includes North America and Central America only. SafeTaxi and Charts are USA only (applies to the GTN 750). WAAS coverage includes the USA and parts of Canada. If you want a terrain map of the rest of the world, you must purchase the Garmin GTN Trainer Full Version DVD at https://buy.garmin.c.../prod95993.html". The DVD costs a further $25.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Pics would be great. Since the knobs are a minimal, largely flat interface, is the lack of 3d integration a big deal or does it feel pretty normal when panning around and such? 

If you have an airplane with an RXP GNS430 installed in 2d mode, like the Carenado Bonanza, the GTN650 is a one for one replacement.  To my eye, it looks as good as the RXP units..

Link to a screenshot..

http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic49381_post304204.html#304204

Bert

I like these GTN units more than my RXP ones, because they convey more information, are easier to read, and are easier to use in terms in data input. I do look forward to better VC integration and am encouraged by A2A's interest in that.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png