Sign in to follow this  
BeechPapa

Henrik Nielsen AI Ships

hmnn.... Strange... Normally there should not be any issues apart from wake effects... I also have P3Dv2 and all routes shows as normal  - do you have exactly the same files in the two? Do you check at the same time? There are large variations over the day. And are you looking at the same ships - a few do not have animations! Are you looking in slew mode - that might sometimes make the animation stop. What are you traffic settins?

Best regards

Henrik 

Hello Henrik,

my traffic setting are 100% for the ship traffic an 20% for leisure  boats. But you are right. At a other time there are more ships. I think this problem is no problem. I have had only a worng time in P3D.

The other problem with the missing moving animations might be a problem of my P3D installation. I noticed that the animations are also missing with the default ferries. So I think that the competent animation file is missing or out of order.

Do you know what file that is?

Greeting from Germany

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

Hi

The animation for my ships is in the mdl file, so no extra files - if you have a name on a ship I can test it out to see if there is a general problem.

Best regards

Henrik

Hello Hendrik,

many thanks for your help.

Here are a few names of ships:

(West Europe - German coast)
SCT SANTIAGO
VANY RICKMERS
BEECH 3
CMA CGM CASABLANCA
OOCL ST. PETERSBURG

(West Europe - Norway Coast - Stavanger Area)
SEA HALIBUT
MAERSK PROMISE
MSC SINFONIA

(US East Coast - New York)
CARLOS H. DUTRA
LINCOLN SEA
OOCL NEW ZEALAND
CARLOS H. DUTRA
MSC BENEDETTA

But I think the fault is NOT in your ship packeges but it is a major fault in my P3D installation because the wave animations are even missing with the default ferries and leisure boats.

I may be wondering which file (or setting) in P3D may be responsible. These files with "wave" I found in my P3D installation:

wave-files.jpg

Many thanks for your help and greetings from Hamburg

Manfred

Grüße / Greetings

Manfred

Hello Hendrik

in the meantime, I have now checked all files. All fx files are present and correctly specified in the ship-cfg and also the associated bmp files are in the folder effcts / texture (fx_wake_1.bmp, fx_wake_2.bmp, fx_wake_3.bmp, fx_wake2RSL.bmp and fx_wake2RSR.bmp)  available.

Now I have no more ideas what could be the fact that the animations are not displayed.

Merry Christmas

Manfred

Grüße / Greetings

Manfred

Hi Hendrik, finally I have still found the reason why the wake animation in my P3D not work.

The elevation adjustment of the animations / ships in the sim.cfg was simply too low. The animations was all the time available, but was invisible because it was below the water surface of P3D.

The adjustments at all ships was:

static_pitch=0.0
static_cg_height=0.0

I corrected it for all ships. Every .cfg needed different settings between 0.5 and 5.0. That was a lot of work but now all ships has back the wake-animation.

But recently I have another question: What is the adjustment "SternPosition" mean?

Happy new year

Manfred

Grüße / Greetings

Manfred

Hi Manfred,

The stern position is defined by the model datum point - in my ships it is always defined by the stern of the ship, but that is not the case for all models included in my project as different developpers does places it differently.

Best regards

Henrik

Hello Henrik,

haha, my (nautical) english isn´t up to date :lol: .

Now I've learned something new again. The "Stern" is in German the "Heck" (so the rear part) of the ship.

Thanks for that important info and many, many thanks for your new year's gift of the new package with 179 phantastic new ships.

Manfred

Grüße / Greetings

Manfred

Henrik,

I installed your ships and they really have added an extra dimensiion to my sim world.  Just one question.  On some of the ships, the bow splash appears to be about a ships length in front of the ship?  Anyway for me to fix this?

Thanks for your efforts.

Hi

Did you install all the old packages AND patches? It sounds like a problem related to a ship model included in the early packages 63 and 75 AI ships and which was corrected by the file Patch for 75 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic. If you can, please post a screenshot or tell me the name of the ship and I can look at it.

In general that problem is corrected by moving the stern position in the sim.cfg.

Best regards

Henrik

Henrik, thank you for the new package of AI ship traffic, it really adds to my enjoyment of the sim.

Regards, Steve

Steve Weeks

Hej Henrik

Looks like a wonderful piece of work you have done with the AI ships. I haven't installed any of them YET, but have a few questions first.

Is Emma Maersk and Oasis of the Sea included in any of the packs?

Is it possible to see a kind of route map (google earth kmz file) of all the ship traffic?

I can see you have included Kongeskibet Danmark, What time of the year/day can it be seen and from/to which harbours?

And finally, I'm a bit lazy :-) so is there any chance you will make a pack with ALL the ships and a setup menu where we can select which part of the world we will install?

mvh Jørn

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Hi Jørn,

I just started a support thread here -

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/459116-global-ai-ship-traffic-fsx-and-p3d-news-and-

support/

so last support answer in this topic:

1) Emma Maersk, Eugen Maersk and many other Maersk ships are included - there are also more than 15 cruise ships, but not the Oasis of the Sea

2) Route maps are included in the PDF-manuals - and you can decompile the routes in the latest version with AIBTC and get the KML-files displayed in Google Earth -unfortunately not all the routes from the first packages can be decompiled

3) The Danish Royal Yacht can be seen all the year round in several places - i.e. in the Faroe Islands; in the sea south of Funen, sailing from Copenhagen and southwards - and even in France near St Malo...

The program aitpak20 allows you to get easily a list of all AI models included on the different routes.

Best regards

Henrik

Just downloaded all of the packs, and WOW what at great job and I can't imagine all the time and effort you have put into it. I should have looked into the files before I asked the questions as a lot of the answers were in there :-)

Are you planning on doing Oasis of the Sea, as I have been to St.Maarten several times and have seen it there along with other cruise ships.?

Is it possible to edit the routes ourselves?

Will all the AI ships affect the fps in FSX?

But again, WOW very nice work.

mvh Jørn

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Excellent work by Henrik & Co, 100% agreed!

I would love to see the Oasis, I was on a cruise to St. Maarten with her July 2014 :)

Cheers,

23.png