Sign in to follow this  
Don Emerson

Vpilot

Is anyone using  vpilot to connect with VATSIM   If so how does it work for you?

Cheers,

Don Emeson

It work fine, as long you use your weather addon.

It's very simple and straight with simple future.

It will try to match airtraffic with common database, like ivao ultimate traffic end other ai package that you should dowload within vpilot.

The best part is that you will not see any freeze or whatever.

For me it's good optin and the support forum is active and helfull.

Great client! I higly reccomend it since it is extremely light, unlike Fsinn or Squawkbox..

As for the XPDR integration, anyone can sync the 777 XPDR with vpilot? I only can do that with the Q400 but I guess it was supposed to work with the T7

The transponder works fine for me with vPilot and the 777. Been using vPilot since release and it has been working great for me! I've replaced FSInn for vPilot. 

thanks for the replays looks good.

Cheers,

Don Emerson

one more question.  Do your flight plans have to be in any specific file type?

Don Emerson

The ease of use is great and also the model matching logic. However, every flight I get a Hresult 0xC000014B error every 20-30 minutes or so. Yesterday I did a 7 hour flight, starting with vPilot. I removed the IVAO C150 model, because there are some posts saying that this model has errors. However, after 20-30 minutes, Hresult error. In the windows logging there is no clue as to which module is causing this (' unknown'). 

The remaining 6,5 hours of the flight I used FsInn without any problems.

Using the PMDG777, ASN, Aivlasoft, PFPX, all legal.

So, for me it is FsInn, unless somebody can deliver the remedy :-)

Alex

No problem here! The model matching is simple but great! I think ATC sounds also a bit better. Small but powerful tool!

Edit: Other aircrafts moves smoother now

I'm  getting fed up of having it beep at me saying to get a valid default model- like always they tell you how to make your own model but never give an example , can any one here show a picture of how to put the PMDG 737 in properly ?

Simple tool but stable and extremely intuitive. No crash or weird things at moment. FSInn uninstalled from my computer (Thanks FSInn for all these years but....AT LAST I can say you Bye)

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

My problem is that I fly in full screen and apparently it doensn't work in full screen mode.

• Upvote 1

I'm  getting fed up of having it beep at me saying to get a valid default model- like always they tell you how to make your own model but never give an example , can any one here show a picture of how to put the PMDG 737 in properly ?

It's my understanding that AI models are nothing like Payware aircraft.  I shudder to think what would happen to my computer if it had to render more than one PMDG 738 at the same time. I believe you need to pick an actual AI model as the default model.

When I first installed it, I committed the error of doing so WITHOUT reading the supplied instructions.  When I got to the model matching tab, I saw all the downloads and said, "Sure!  Give me all of them!"  After starting the program and connecting (at KATL during an event), I was treated to about five minutes of beeps and alerts that there wasn't a model to use.  After reading the installation instructions, I now know that what you're downloading isn't the actual aircraft models, but merely the rules for which model is displayed with which callsigns/aircraft.  If you haven't already downloaded the AI aircraft models you've selected as "active", then you'll get alerts not once, but at least four times for every aircraft in range.  Considering that I hadn't previously installed ANY AI aircraft packages, this meant EVERY rule selected would fail and I would get slammed with the associated error messages for EVERY aircraft in range. :t0148:

I've since downloaded a bunch of the World of AI models and activated the rules for ONLY the models I've downloaded.  The error messages have gone away except for a random one every once in a while.  When those come up, I make note of the Aircraft type and Callsign and later see if I can find a WoAI model to use with it.

My problem is that I fly in full screen and apparently it doensn't work in full screen mode.

I fly in Windowed mode, but on a 3-wide display.  vPilot goes on a 4th display along with my VA ACARS.

I use World of AI packages for the AI models. In vPilot, you just have to download the rule sets for the World of AI packages so the vPilot can recognize them. I fly mostly in North America so I have the major airlines installed. I got the annoying beep message when somebody with a Frontier airlines call sign connected to Vatsim. I simply downloaded the Frontier Airlines package and restarted the sim and vpilot, and the beeping was gone. I run two monitor's so I have vpilot and all the other sim related programs on one monitor and have FSX running full-screen on the other monitor.

Moses Velasquez

I always fly in full screen mode with vPilot, no problems.

Dave

Dave Paige

See I never heard of this World of AI so there- what you 2 have told me here is already way better then the manual, Ill go have a look .