Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

09JUN14 - PMDG 777 SP1 and 300ER updates

Thanks for the great effort of the development team. Every single PMDG product has been a piece of art and this one will be the most precious one without a doubt. Thank you!

I seriously hope some of you guys appreciate the work that went into the fly-by-wire overhaul once you see it.

I can't wait.  Something else I can't wait for is to compare the L with the W - I know it'll fly differently, I just don't know how much different it'll be.

sig01.png

I seriously hope some of you guys appreciate the work that went into the fly-by-wire overhaul once you see it. This is probably one of the most complex things ever done in an FSX addon - we've got it matching our level D simulator experiment videos essentially exactly now. All of it is "simulated" too in the sense that what you see the airplane doing like chasing the trim reference speed, going into phugoid oscillations etc isn't coming from the base level FSX flight dynamics engine. There's a demand-based C* control law just like the real airplane has operating on top of the base FSX engine that left to itself would result in Airbus-style holding of pitch and bank at all times. This then has further processing on top of it to create the speed stability and phugoid tendency, all the compensation stuff, etc. (Boeing calls the complete system C*U - "see star you"). What you're feeling while handflying in SP1 is essentially our own custom flight dynamics engine riding on top of FSX now. This was not easy to do and we've gotten it as close as we think is possible in FSX. I think everyone will be very happy with it.

Thank you very much for this detailed explanation Ryan!   This is why it sometimes takes a little longer for updates to roll of the PMDG production line than is expected because of this level of detail and commitment that goes into your products!

What impresses me the most is that some of the things that you mention here, most mid range sim pilots will never even pick up or be bothered about to be honest!   From the crazy level of detail in the exterior to the enormously complex programming going on in making the aircraft systems work like it should, this is what places PMDG so far ahead of most competitors.

Like some of the guys above said, thank you so much to the team and the Beta testers who, despite their real world commitments and challenges continues to take the bar of what was always thought possible in FSX ever higher and higher.   You ladies and gentlemen make flight simulation what it is today - a truly entertaining and massively educational hobby enjoyed by old and young.

And to RSR, thanks very much for the update sir, much appreciated - really looking forward to the release the SP1 and the -300ER!

Kind regards.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to release date and summer flying. :rolleyes:

Troy

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Yes!!! An update, so excited!

Part of it is a bit unclear, is the -300ER in beta yet or no?

Exciting news!

It looks like 300ER beta screenshots have started to appear in the PMDG777 board. Check them out

One more thing from me...

Has a price been established or will we be notified in the coming days of that upon release of the release schedule?

Thanks Robert and Team. You guys did really well in this one. 

I am pretty sure the whole flightsim community will be in awe of PMDG when this Sp1 will be released.

Not only will I appreciate it, my girlfriend will be forced to appreciate it.

:lol:

ZORAN

Thanks for the update and can't wait to fly 777-300ER from Paudie

We are already all happy with what we have on our possession right now, with no doubt we will be much more happy than we can imagine when having the SP1 and eventually the incoming -300. Thank you guys for the extraordinary and hard work and for keeping the flight simulation more than a hobby but a a way of life.

Arslan Nouar