Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

09JUN14 - PMDG 777 SP1 and 300ER updates

C'mon guys, let's cut them some slack. Not only are we getting hotfixes and updates, we're getting a whole new flight model and ND overlay weather radar. All of thiese changes have to be tested against the prior RM which is in final closed beta right now. That means that dozens if not tens of dozens of knowledgible users are grinding through all of the visible changes to the aircraft, each of whom are making a list of outcomes and results. Someone has to correlate all of this data and determine if there are platform issues, OS issues, driver issues, flow issues -- you get the point. I'd rather they get it right then release it as opposed to the MS way of blasting out updates every cotton pick'n minute. The T7 is insanely complex and just as it is, it's the best airplane I've ever "flown" -- rare CTDs, almost no BSDs and it flies for hours and hoiurs (and hours) without pushing the 4Gb VAS limit. I'm also anxious to see the new features but let's try a little patience. Besides they'll release it when they're darn good and ready anyhow.

Get me nine women and I'll give you a baby in a month!

Indeed, not as simple as that.

nope, not that simple, but on the long term you could get 1 baby a month... need to be able to support that, you know, SP etc :Doh:

So please pmdg, we respect your fantastic job and we really enjoy your planes but now respect us in return by keeping us informed. We can understand how this update is complex but not silence. Your customer policy cannot be only: it s ready when it s ready.

So please pmdg, we respect your fantastic job and we really enjoy your planes but now respect us in return by keeping us informed. We can understand how this update is complex but not silence. Your customer policy cannot be only: it s ready when it s ready.

+1

Mo45

To the beta testers, can we get a no b.s. assessment on your impressions of the latest build?

Can't really go into details, honestly.  Part of being a tester is signing an NDA.  As has been said by Ryan. Robert, and the rest of the testers, the beta versions continue to improve, and the plane is really coming together.  That's about as much detail I can go into.  The rest is for the team to answer themselves.

I was excited about the weather radar, but I really don't want to pay an additional $50 bucks on top of the close $100 for the base pack and then whatever price I pay for the 300er, will make this my most expensive add on. Me thinks I'll just keep getting weather the old fashion way thru FSX even if its not totally accurate.

Don't lead yourself into false logic there...

ASN is a standalone product.  Sure, you need to buy ASN to get the weather radar to work properly, but it's not like ASN only works with the 777.  Getting ASN would revolutionize your simming experience no matter what add-on you're flying - from the default Cessna, to a Carenado bird, to the NGX and 777.

As such, it's not quite fair to either product to be lumping it into the same bucket of related costs.  It's your money, so I'm not going to tell you how to spend it, but I will say that adding the $50 to the cost of the 777 isn't quite a fair assessment.

Kyle Rodgers

A weather radar was no part of the feature list for the T7 at RTM. I'd regard it as a bonus or "freebie" for existing owners.

Those who became aware of PMDG's work on a wx radar have also been informed, it will only work with ASN.

If you do NOT own ASN, the T7 will still work - except for the wx radar.

So there can hardly be a problem, can there?

Having said all that - ASN DOES improve your airliner flying, your GA flying, your mountain flying ... your flights anywhere, anyhow   :wub:

Can't really go into details, honestly.  Part of being a tester is signing an NDA.  As has been said by Ryan. Robert, and the rest of the testers, the beta versions continue to improve, and the plane is really coming together.  That's about as much detail I can go into.  The rest is for the team to answer themselves.

Don't lead yourself into false logic there...

ASN is a standalone product.  Sure, you need to buy ASN to get the weather radar to work properly, but it's not like ASN only works with the 777.  Getting ASN would revolutionize your simming experience no matter what add-on you're flying - from the default Cessna, to a Carenado bird, to the NGX and 777.

As such, it's not quite fair to either product to be lumping it into the same bucket of related costs.  It's your money, so I'm not going to tell you how to spend it, but I will say that adding the $50 to the cost of the 777 isn't quite a fair assessment.

I agree with Kyle about ASN. There is a free seven day trial so why not wait until the service pack is out and then download the trail ASN and you can experience the 777 weather radar and ASN weather.

I know the aircraft will still fly without problems, I was stating that I wish there was a way to use fsx weather also, I should have clarified that. Let me clear that up before the peanut gallery starts! Also I was wondering is their a performance manager included in the service pack also? I want ASN, believe me I have watched videos on YOUTUBE, eventually, I'll pick it up once the lil one is out of diapers lol! I can slip the 300er past the wife because I own the base pack, but ASN, the garage I'll be!

Also I was wondering is their a performance manager included in the service pack also? I want ASN, believe me I have watched videos on YOUTUBE, eventually, I'll pick it up once the lil one is out of diapers lol! I can slip the 300er past the wife because I own the base pack, but ASN, the garage I'll be!

When you refer to a performance manager, what are you referring to?  The existing 777 has performance-type adjustments that can be made via the FMC (and via the OC, too, I think).  I think there are a few extra options in the new version, but don't quote me on that.  I've never had issues with performance, so I never paid attention to what was there before, and what's there now.

As for the latter bit - yeah, it's best to keep you out of the garage.  I just didn't want you to rationalize not getting it by lumping it in with the cost of the 777 as a related item because it can be used with any plane.  It's a cost that should stand on its own, related to the sim.  I fully understand that I'm sure the wife views it as one group of costs, though.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello!

Why RSR did this statement needlessly? ( release timeline)  It was totally meaningless drivel..

It is clear that something more serious is wrong with the sp1/77W code..

I count at least +1 month delay.

After SP1 and the 300ER all of this nonsense will start again. It's tragic and boring. Just enjoy the LR until they release.

After the SP1 and 77W release, the mania is going to start with the 747 v2 (can't wait for that one!!!) hahaha.

Kind regards

Been watching these posts for a few days now. Knowing RSR and the team, I figure there are going to be a few red faces amongst you guys. Just a guess on my part.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Why RSR did this statement needlessly? ( release timeline)  It was totally meaningless drivel..
It is clear that something more serious is wrong with the sp1/77W code..

My guess is that he wanted to give you all more information about what is going on and then got sidetracked with other things.

It is clear that you don't have any vision behind the scenes, so I'd suggest avoiding the spreading of false information.  You have no idea why he said what he said (even you stated that), so the thought that you'd follow that up with "it is clear that something more serious is wrong" baffles me.  The use of clear implies that you have clarity or sureness regarding what's going on, which, since you're not a team member (at any level), you do not.

Kyle Rodgers

My friend has NGX and has this performance manager that is seperate, where you can switch between cockpit textures is what I was asking about!