Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

09JUN14 - PMDG 777 SP1 and 300ER updates

I say we take revenge......how about after SP1 is released, we all promise to not download the update for a standard PMDG week !

The first one who breaks the oath has to throw a round of beers to us all :-)

To be honest....I wish the update would not come untill after the summer!

So little time for FSX these days :-(

Rob Robson

Ha ha, oh come on. That is not how I meant it!  :O

I will have my credit card out within seconds of realizing the release, no doubt. 

If there has been an unexpected delay would it be to much to ask for that info be given to us all?

I completely agree with this. I would've much rather seen a simple "We have a problem and can't give you release information until next week" instead of nothing after being told we'd have information by the end of the week. Just my 2 cents...

Have you guys considered, that maybe... just maybe... Rob cannot give that announcement for the same reason he can't give the announced announcement?

Have you guys considered, that maybe... just maybe... Rob cannot give that announcement for the same reason he can't give the announced announcement?

Yeah...that seems to be the case.

It's certainly none of my/our business if something personal came up, but I do notice he hasn't been on since Thursday. 

I hope it's nothing too serious, and if anyone (Ryan, et al) that is in communication with him reads this, and it is something serious, please pass along my best wishes.

Hopefully it's nothing, though.  :unsure:

Regards,

Brian Doney

If they say "this week", it really does mean the week in which the person made the statement. Since that time has expired - it is bound to lead to unhappy customers. 

It's the same elsewhere:

People would rather if one didn't make a "commitment" if they cannot deliver at that time. It would be better to with-hold that information and just release it when it's done. If they do make the statement and cannot deliver, then another update could be drafted in minutes or just editing the original post or just making another reply.

Personally, I think that as and when something is "fixed" it should be released. Just like many games and servers. When something breaks, it gets fixed and put live onto the server, even if other things are still "broken". PMDG may already be planning on this which could utilise the Operations Center. There are many things on the list that are fixed which I presume could be released now. Anything else holding it up (FBW or whatever) could be released later down the line.

I have no expertise on this, but just what I have witnessed from various gaming communities and games.

I take revenge by playing Ifly 737 simulation with WXR+T together with ActiveSkyNext.

And then I go a step further by lieing that it is the best 737 addon by far because of the better VC size and the weather radar.

And you know what, I really started to like Ifly 737 because of this radar. It really is a nice addon!

OKAY, I took my revenge.

Sweet...

P.S I start to make youtube videos with ifly 737 to go even a step further.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

I dont post often, actually i used to be very active on here a while ago but with the banning thats been goin on and some people jumpin on every post to show they know more then everybody kinda make me stay away from posting. That being said, i have really mixed feelings about the SP and whats been goin on...

One thing i absolutely love about RSR and his team is THEY ARE PERFECTIONIST . However almost a year to deliver a service pack is a little bit extreme. I remember a post of RSR back in 2010 or 2011 and i believe he was saying that they were looking at a 2 years dev cycle from that point on.

-yes the plane is flyable

-yes the sp1 is goin to be great

-yes we've been waitin forever

but still....disappointement is there

Brian Doney, I was thinking the same actually. And as you if it is in that order, then also pass on my best wishes.

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

I dont post often, actually i used to be very active on here a while ago but with the banning thats been goin on and some people jumpin on every post to show they know more then everybody kinda make me stay away from posting. That being said, i have really mixed feelings about the SP and whats been goin on...

One thing i absolutely love about RSR and his team is THEY ARE PERFECTIONIST . However almost a year to deliver a service pack is a little bit extreme. I remember a post of RSR back in 2010 or 2011 and i believe he was saying that they were looking at a 2 years dev cycle from that point on.

-yes the plane is flyable

-yes the sp1 is goin to be great

-yes we've been waitin forever

but still....disappointement is there

And it remains.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

By definition insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly expecting a different result. Every time we get a time frame for an announcement PMDG blows way past. It would be insane to think that not one member of the team can log and and say "Sorry we missed the window, will have more news in the future" That would be entirely appropriate at this point. This isn't about the -300ER for many people. SP1 is supposed to fix bugs that have been an issue since release for some users. At this point owners of the 777 should be told when they will be able to fly their $90 product.

At least Ryan was online today.

They must be laughing their a$$es heads off about us!!   :LMAO:

I don´t hope so..

That would turn them into sadists :girl_devil:

Finn Jacobsen

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Well we know sickness has delayed the project earlier and hopefully all the team is well but they really do need to improve their communication skills . 

At least try and see it from our point of view. 

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png