Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

"Microsoft Sells License to FS Franchise" Part 2

Well, hmph, it appears that simflight.com is saying that the licensee is one who is no stranger to the simulation market. 

Strengthens my belief that it's either Dovetail or Aerosoft. Either way, a new sim with the "Flight" engine with the scale of FSX would be immense. 

We have one its called p3d V2 its alot better than flight

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I tend to agree, simply because it makes more business sense to maintain ultimate control of both platforms.

I will just come out and state a fact that was true as of the closure of negotiations with all but the ultimate licensee... The easiest way to say this is to say what the license did not include. It did not include ESP. It did include everything else; FLIGHT, FSX, and Train Sim 2. Could that have changed in the final negotiations? Sure it could have, but for at least one reason already stated, I doubt it.

EDIT: and you can buy a license from MS for ESP too, but you will pay the same as LMOC and Northrup Grumman did. :lol:

This rumor is now making a lot more sense. I would think that some company who knows consoles bought the rights to MS Flight with the intent of putting it on the XBox.

I'm hoping that if/when the new owners announce anything this week, that they aren't simply going to say, 'Yeah, we bought it', but expand more vividly on what their goals are with the platform and the timelines to achieve those goals.  I also hope they come prepped to address key themes that get slung about these forms on a daily basis:

64 bit

backward compatibility

3rd party development

open architecure

They should address and dispell from their business model absolute failed ideas in the flightsim world, like DLC.  Just because they have bought the MSFlight licence doesn't necessarily mean they intend to follow the same business model as MS had proposed with Flight.  If they do intend to follow the DLC route, and skim the cream from developer's profits, then they may as well have tipped a truckload of cash down the biggest toilet imaginable.  If the new owner is Aerosoft, I doubt they would do something that foolish.

Sadly if it was a 64 bit application none of the current addons would work.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

This rumor is now making a lot more sense. I would think that some company who knows consoles bought the rights to MS Flight with the intent of putting it on the XBox.

Remember I said it first...  :Cuppa:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I will just come out and state a fact that was true as of the closure of negotiations with all but the ultimate licensee... The easiest way to say this is to say what the license did not include. It did not include ESP. It did include everything else; FLIGHT, FSX, and Train Sim 2. Could that have changed in the final negotiations? Sure it could have, but for at least one reason already stated, I doubt it.

EDIT: and you can buy a license from MS for ESP too, but you will pay the same as LMOC and Northrup Grumman did. :lol:

Tom to me that almost sounds like they brought the product name but not the source code for those products but Flight and FSX sp2 or Accl would be far enough away from ESP i guess.

-Paul-

We have one its called p3d V2 its alot better than flight

I would dare say Flight's ENGINE is better than P3Dv2's.

Aamir Thacker

This may be totally unrelated, but has anyone seen this recent announcement by Matthijs Kok from Aerosoft

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/82132-jet-thunder-falklands/#entry589048

This is not an addon, but comes with ist own engine. Announced 5 days ago.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

And it's true. Prepar3D 2.2 has DirectX 11, but Microsoft Flight is a lot more advanced when it comes to flight dynamics, sound and autogen.

I have to grin at that... FLIGHT's engine is a branch off of Train Sim 2. It is FSX with a bit of steroids added, and I have been told contains some very good coding.

Sadly if it was a 64 bit application none of the current addons would work.

If it was a 64 bit application with decent traffic, weather and ATC I wouldn't care if my old addons worked. I would be happy to get new ones.

Whomever bought this, did not buy it not to make money out of it. it makes sense to buy the whole package , considering the fact that he outbid all the others, either we have someone that has philantrophy in mind or someone that saw a great opportunity to recoup his investment and then make a handsome profit.

If it was a 64 bit application with decent traffic, weather and ATC I wouldn't care if my old addons worked. I would be happy to get new ones.

Agree

Some day  I am going to have to write a book! :p0503:

Tom if this thing was going to be a sim in the vain that we know it do you think they'd bother parading it around at E3?  The E3 announcement with an audience of gamers screams XBOX ONE...  Case in point, Lockheed isn't parading P3D at this event (because it's not a game).  Your thoughts... 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2