Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jan Bergwall

Why do I love the LDS767?

Because it works! This has to be the most bug-free initial release ever. Need LNAV/VNAV to fly a complicated STAR? No problem. Need 180+ to the marker? No problem. I am absolutely amazed by this aircraft. Thank you LevelD for a job truly well done. It's put a lot of fun back into flying.Doug

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Amen Brother. I along with most wanted it as soon as possible but wanted it to work. It got ridiculous on the forums with some people but I bet they are all happy now. I hope developers take a lesson from level D cause they got it right.

could be... but why the closed support forum??as a potentential customer I cant help but be curious as to why there are over 260 post in that forum - maybe user caused, but I dont know since I cant read 'em (dont want to post their, just see them).that said, I am glad you are enjoying it - I am still thinking about it.

There are some serious problems with the autopilot Mike. Many of us can get it to work right. So as with anything bugs have to be ironed out. It's by far not the perfect release Doug is making it out to be. He may be one of the lucky one's but for the rest of us (or at least me), this bird is in the hanger until it get's fixed (there are a few more major problems than just the AP but that's the biggest issue for me)... Nothing like taking off and hitting the AP only to find your aircraft either nose dives into the ground or the trim goes haywire when the flaps are retracted causing the plane to nose up and stall (it's very bad for some of us)...Don't get me wrong, I love this add-on and even more so when it flies and operates correctly.... :-roll

LOLJust finished an online flight that was just picture perfect in all respects.That is a valid point about the closed supprt forum but I guess they don`t want to help pirates get the most out of their theft.I seem to recall a couple of incidents of this sort with the ATR.I`m really picky but I have to say that addon is just splendid.Troy

It may work flawlessly for you, but it's giving me headaches.1) There are very few SIDs/STARs which ship with the LDS767. If you want more, you've got to program them yourself. Hopefully this will be remedied shortly.2) My VC gauge refresh rate is worse than the PMDG737. I was hoping that a cutting-edge product would feature a very fluid VC.3) Many people are having autopilot issues (I have yet to exercise the autopilot).4) I lose sound whenever I alt-tab out of FS while using the LDS767. The only way I can get it back is to restart FS.5) FYI, the support forums already have 400+ topics and 2700+ posts.

Troy thinks because it works for him, the rest of us are just blowing smoke (a.k.a full of it)... :-roll

Everything's working good here with the LDS767. I've found the autopilot to be very well behaved.

What problems with the autopilot? I have seen a lot of posts and wonder why people are having problems. It has worked perfectly for me and I am not a power user or a total dork with FS9. Set your parameters up properly including the FMC and sit back and suck coffee as soon as you get the gear up, flaps retracted and engage VNAV and LNAV. Oh, don't forget to set your altitute on the panel.What is so difficult about that. Learn to fly it and then complain about the colors on the displays.

I'm going to leave this one alone for now... I'm glade many of you are enjoying this product and having no problems with it. I wish I had the same results but I'm one of the ones that'll have to wait until Level-D releases a patch...

I agree and there are relatively few posts here with good things to say. Blocking the forum will keep my away for a LONG time...at least until there are A LOT more posts.Do ANY of the major developers restrict their forums to customers only?Regards,Jim

Hi"Troy thinks because it works for him, the rest of us are just blowing smoke (a.k.a full of it)... "No I don`t think anyone is full of it but I am puzzeled about why some folks are having problems and not others.Troy

Well, I have to say that I have had no problems either. And that's the fustrating thing for the developers. Its difficult to fix problems that your beta testers didn't have, and that some customers are not having.I am enjoying the add-on quite a lot. I know others are having fustrating problems with it, but hopefully, all this will be ironed out and we will all be able to enjoy this bird.

No problems here other than having to RTFM :D It's just awesome. Best RegardsBoone,BooneEIDW@hotmail.com"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

....This has to be the **most** bug-free initial release ever .....Sorry, but that's nonsense :-)It's either bug-free, or it's not ..And I'll bet you that it is NOT (like any other major SW product).Cheers, Rob

>No problems here other than having to RTFM :D I'm sure, certain, that this is what it comes down to in most cases.

I have flown this bird two days, and have had ZERO problems. Majority of the complains are just pilot errors! Get it while its still hot! ;D Its so good that i'm waiting nervously to get back home from work to fly it again ;)

>Blocking the forum will keep my away for a LONG>time...at least until there are A LOT more posts.me too - I never buy the initial release of any addon anyway, even though I know many, many issues are unread manual-related (PSS has had a busload since way back - I read the manuals long b4 buying - helps a bunch)I'm doing the same with LDS - but the inability to read the support forum along with the docs is a real problem for me, and hampers my assessment of the product. Obviously some hw/sw setups are a problem for this product - how do I as a prospective buyer know when issues are resolved?Hopefully LDS will keep the fs-public up to speed with announcements. regards,Mark3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Rob - I just love the english language...so, how 'bout this? "It has fewer bugs than any initial release ever" :-) . I don't think anyone has ever said it's bug-free (inspite of what some folks are posting to the contrary). But there are a lot of us who have flown a lot of flights with no problems at all. I just flew a RW flightplan KATL-LIRF last night and the aircraft literally flew itself. The only time I touched the controls was on rotation and landing. I don't know of any other product right out of the box that we could do that with. I understand that some folks are having some major issues. But I honestly believe that 90+% of them are either equipment or RTFM issues. Back to the flight planner.....Doug

Just call yourselves 'Beta Testers' eh? .............and your being charged for it too!All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Yep!! maybe I'll wait for the Capatain Sim version......!!

Hi Doug,YES.. That IS a better statement :-)If it's true, I don't know I don't own this 767, nor do I plan to buy it. So I won't comment on THAT.I'm too busy with making freeware gauges :-) to have the spare time needed to master these complex aircraft.I'm just a bit fed up with people (NOT YOU) claiming that "a" product is bug-free when they haven't found problems themselves. Anyone that knows a bit about SW development knows that bug-free SW is an illusion. Just test long enough, especially all the exceptional and boundery situations, and you WILL find bugs :-)Cheers, Rob

It's really amazing what happens when 2000-3000 people get their hands on a new release - Stuff Happens :-) . I was in the software development business in one capacity or another for almost 30 years and you're right about the "bugs". They are ALWAYS there. Just look at any support forum for any "mature" product - people are always coming up with something new. The thing about "bugs" is that they are often nothing more than a manifestation of a customer's frustration brought about by a perception of a given situation. It doesn't matter whether or not there is a software fault. If the customer can't use the product for whatever reason (like fly the d**n airplane) then they are, rightfully or wrongfully, going to call it "buggy". I really have a lot of sypmathy and empathy for the folks who have the 767 parked in the hanger for whatever reason. I know that the LDS team is working very hard right now to try and get a handle on why Stuff is Happening. And I have to really hand it to Tom Main for the Flight1 30-day money back policy. Hopefully not many folks will need to get the refund, but it's nice to have a distributor who's willing to share the risk. That says a lot for the quality of the products Flight1 offers. Talk to you later Rob...Doug

>Yep!! maybe I'll wait for the Capatain Sim version......!!Hehehe, thanks for the chuckle.

Doug,>"It has fewer bugs than any initial release ever" :-)That statement holds no water either. For that to be true you'd have to have purchased/downloaded and extensively tried and tested each and every pay- and freeware FS aircraft add-on that ever has been released. I'm willing to bet that you haven't.. :( >The only time I touched the controls was on rotation and landing.I feel for you..... Now where's my old and battered Beaver.. That said i have the LDS767 too, it's absolutely brilliant! (not bug free but who cares)Jan