Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

bringing back the old days l-1011

Hi,

Isn't that just the most wonderful aircraft to fly. Old and amazing at the same time!

Nice pics anyway, hope you enjoyed the flight, but you never said where from and where to?

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

captain sim, comes from, was flying into TJSJ/latinvfr. in another topic here.

Beautiful shots of a beautiful, classic airliner.

I'm old enough to not only had the chance to fly on them, but also fly on Pam Am 707's which was quite the experience!  Pan Am and the L1011....sweet combo.

She looks good in any classic livery...Delta, TWA, Eastern, LTU, Cathay, BAA, PSA. ...its sad they don't grace our skies anymore, but will live on in flightsim!

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Look at that weathering!  My most recent L-1011 flight was just 9 years ago hightailing it out of the Kuwaiti desert on an ATA 3 holer

Chris Sunseri

My most recent L-1011 flight was just 9 years ago hightailing it out of the Kuwaiti desert on an ATA 3 holer

I swear we are leading parallel lives Chris!  Military charter by chance?

My last L1011 flight when I was in the Navy, out of Capo airport in Naples...ATA (old livery) back to the states. 

This is a Delta L1011 I painted on SGA's model years ago.  She was pretty dirty too...they seemed to get that way.

1011dal3.jpg

I cringe when I look at the quality we had to work with back then, compared to what we have now.

Ragards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Great shots.

nebojsa

It is a beautiful airplane. But it does not fly anymore. Too bad they did not make a DC-10 in this quality. I really miss that.

I love the triple engined airliners, they give me an eerie characteristic feeling and certainly when I see one landing.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Military charter by chance?

Correct.  Of course I left Baghdad on a C-130 to get to Kuwait.  Love those corkscrew takeoffs :lol:

Chris Sunseri