Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

17JUN14 - Scheduling and General Updates

Based on their speed that they are dragging their release dates do not rejoice too soon.

Later it will be "it will be released when it is ready" statement being posted 2 years from now when we request for updates.

Darren

I am so happy to hear the news about P3D, I was thinking it was going to take another 2 years! Very excited.

Darren I think you should really take a second and think about what you are writing. Since you come of as a jack*** right now, The reason for they pushing the release date was due to Roberts surgery, and you writing that as they just push it off, really is not cool towards Robert and his recovery and towards the whole team.. If you have nothing to say other than being ######y please take it some where else, not in here. Nothing good comes of that.. And it shows a general lack of respect..

Be nice it's so much easier :)

(I'm not here to troll or put anyone down, I would just like to see people think twice before posting, hostile posts, instead of thinking things through.. :))

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

Darren I think you should really take a second and think about what you are writing. Since you come of as a jack*** right now, The reason for they pushing the release date was due to Roberts surgery, and you writing that as they just push it off, really is not cool towards Robert and his recovery and towards the whole team.. If you have nothing to say other than being ######y please take it some where else, not in here. Nothing good comes of that.. And it shows a general lack of respect..

(I'm not here to troll or put anyone down, I would just like to see people think twice before posting, hostile posts, instead of thinking things through.. :))

Very well said, respect goes a long way.

Regards.

Mo

Mo45

I wonder, just how far off realistic is the landing experience in the T7 as it stands right now? For instance, when the new SP1 is added, how much is it going to change the landing aspect of this simulation and will we have to start learning how to land this plane over again?

I spent many hours practicing the final approach to touchdown phase of the flight and still have problems nailing a good Xwind landing, will the added realism (if any) make it easier or even more difficult?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

DarrenLiewWY, on 23 Jun 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

Based on their speed that they are dragging their release dates do not rejoice too soon.

Later it will be "it will be released when it is ready" statement being posted 2 years from now when we request for updates.

Darren

Really? Really? I really must agree with some of the other guys on here who no doubt got warnings. Just give it a break already. We don't want to hear your poison.

JakobF, on 23 Jun 2014 - 10:24 PM, said:

I agree with this and back it 110% Well said Jakob and if you get banned well then they might as well ban all of us. 

As a great man once said: (To those disrespectful members in the thread above us)

Be silent! Keep your forked tongue behind

you teeth. I have not passed through

fire and death to bandy crooked words

with a witless worm!

I wonder, just how far off realistic is the landing experience in the T7 as it stands right now? For instance, when the new SP1 is added, how much is it going to change the landing aspect of this simulation and will we have to start learning how to land this plane over again?

I spent many hours practicing the final approach to touchdown phase of the flight and still have problems nailing a good Xwind landing, will the added realism (if any) make it easier or even more difficult?

More realistic which probably means a bit more tricky although RW pilots seems to praise the 777's XWind ability... 

More realistic which probably means a bit more tricky although RW pilots seems to praise the 777's XWind ability...

Thanks, I guess I will be able to get my money's worth out off a neat piece of software I recently purchased to set up in seconds, amongst other things, final approaches to any airport and runway of your choice.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks, I guess I will be able to get my money's worth out off a neat piece of software I recently purchased to set up in seconds, amongst other things, final approaches to any airport and runway of your choice.

Regards,

From what the betas are saying; more fluid, more smooth, more realistic even if it is more difficult. Switch between the NGX and the current 77L and you can tell the flight dynamics of the 7L needed a bit of work. An awesome plane that will soon be brilliant!

People (some) should stop complaining about RSR and his team about delaying release (inspite of their hard work in making b777 a master piece). Who would have asked if they (pmdg) simply said that b77l base pack fbw is realistic ? but inspite they communicated again with rw pilots and recoded everything (fbw) and also many additional features which we would not have thought until they released update on April 1 st ( still I remember) where I thought wx radar as prank or joke, and taxi cam, data uplink and Cpdlc ( not now but with vatsim new client release, we might see it in feature) and ops centre itself is a innovative idea.

Recover well sir. We all are here to back you guys.

Anybody here knows how to calculate rwy wind component i.e, when we are at 2/2 of takeoff page, below wind data entry there is also an entry for rwy wind data entry. If anyone knows how to calculate it. It will be helpful for me.

Thankyou.

Anybody here knows how to calculate rwy wind component i.e, when we are at 2/2 of takeoff page, below wind data entry there is also an entry for rwy wind data entry. If anyone knows how to calculate it. It will be helpful for me.

You just need to enter the reported wind.  If the reported wind is 220/19, then you enter 220/19.  The head/tail/crosswind component will be automatically calculated for takeoff.  For landing, you can either use a whiz wheel (E6B, if you have one), something similar online, or the cosine of the angle (between the runway course and the wind, converted to radians - degrees * pi/180) times the wind speed.

Example:

Landing on Runway 19C (191) with wind reported at 170/08.  Difference of 21 degrees, and a speed of 8 knots: COS((21*(pi/180))*8 = 7.468643 (which might as well be 8).

Kyle Rodgers

77west, on 23 Jun 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

Have you noticed how many T7 pilots don't bother to de-crab until the main gear has touched down. They just de-crab before the nose gear touches down.

Not sure if this is the recommended technique for T7's, or just some pilots preference, but I rarely see a T7 de-crabbing while still airborne. Maybe the T7 gear is more hardy and made for it, capable of a degree of castoring maybe.

You just need to enter the reported wind. If the reported wind is 220/19, then you enter 220/19. The head/tail/crosswind component will be automatically calculated for takeoff. For landing, you can either use a whiz wheel (E6B, if you have one), something similar online, or the cosine of the angle (between the runway course and the wind, converted to radians - degrees * pi/180) times the wind speed.

Example:

Landing on Runway 19C (191) with wind reported at 170/08. Difference of 21 degrees, and a speed of 8 knots: COS((21*(pi/180))*8 = 7.468643 (which might as well be 8).

Thanks Kyle. A bit difficult to understand it but now I know how to calculate ( math formula. We just don't get rid of maths in our lives. Haha)

Thanks Kyle. A bit difficult to understand it but now I know how to calculate ( math formula. We just don't get rid of maths in our lives. Haha)

haha - I was thinking the same thing.  Seriously, I thought to myself:

"If only my former math teachers could see this...they'd be so proud."

Being a pilot back when I was taking those classes, I knew that I'd be using the math again, so I wasn't in the "when are we ever going to use this" crowd, but I was kinda surprised to pull that one out of my head just now.

I was like "okay, so COS is adjacent over hypotenuse, so COS( RAD(theta) ) = x / speed...sooooo...solve for x by multiplying COS( RAD(theta) ) by speed...that worked???  Awww yisss! :lol: "

Kyle Rodgers

Darren

Try harder.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Have you noticed how many T7 pilots don't bother to de-crab until the main gear has touched down. They just de-crab before the nose gear touches down.

Not sure if this is the recommended technique for T7's, or just some pilots preference, but I rarely see a T7 de-crabbing while still airborne. Maybe the T7 gear is more hardy and made for it, capable of a degree of castoring maybe.

Every real T7 pilot I asked about de-crab is only when the main gear touched the runway

Have you noticed how many T7 pilots don't bother to de-crab until the main gear has touched down. They just de-crab before the nose gear touches down.Not sure if this is the recommended technique for T7's, or just some pilots preference, but I rarely see a T7 de-crabbing while still airborne. Maybe the T7 gear is more hardy and made for it, capable of a degree of castoring maybe.

Hi Martin

Because it is you, I am writing this for a second time on my iPad2.

No just kidding, but I have to get this of my chest, I have to vent....

The thing is driving me absolutely nuts since the last update to IOS7.1

Never again will I buy an iPad.

That is a promise!

After every update things get worse and slower....it is all clearly targeted towards the customer buying a newer (faster) model.

Which I will do at some point......except that it will be a Windows tablet!

I had my reply almost finished, just wanted to check something in the FCTM.

So I switched to another app (Goodreader).

When I came back to Avsim, this crap iPad had erased everything from its RAM and the Avsim page was blanc, reloaded again, but all I had written was gone :-( :-(

Anyway as to your question:

The 777 can land with full crab at touchdown up to the max crosswind "limit" (better called max crosswind guideline or max demonstrated xwind)

You can read about this on page 6.40 of the FCTM.

There is no recommended practice, it is just a choice.

There are only recommendations as to how not to do it.

For example, a sideslip only landing is not recommended when the xwind component is more than 35kt (wingtip clearance!).

However, I have a maintenance background, and as such I can't get it over my hart to hurt the airplane like that with a full crab landing, lol

It is build to widthstand it, but the abuse.....it is just horrible to me.

You can feel it too when you touchdown with crab....everything shakes and peoples heads are bobbing left to right as the airplane alligns itself along the centerline.

Yes that is correct....the airplane alligns itself after landing with a crab....you can help it along ofcourse with rudder....but it wants to straighten out anyway.

So I allways decrab.

Sometimes completely, other times only partially.

Just like the AP in autoland does it.

The AP starts to decrab at 500ft, and depending on the strength of the xwind, it touches with wing low only (moderate xwind) or a mix of wing low and crab (strong xwinds).

You can read this in the AUTOFLIGHT chapter of the FCOMv2 page 4.20.13.

Most colleges of mine decrab in the flare.

So very late.

Because they dont like to fly wings low the last 500ft they say.

(yes, we talk about this stuff :-) )

During flight training on the C152 I allways enjoyed crosswind landings with the wing low method (side slip) and I still do it that way today.

And because I am used to doing it that way, I find it much harder to decrab during the flare. (the sudden kick on the rudder will make the upwind wing raise if you dont counteract....allowing the xwind to get under the wing, lifting it even more, not good! (if you dont counteract)..... and, the sudden kick of rudder also decrease indicated airspeed by a few knots so good idea to hold some power on during that maneuver or add a few knots to Vref to begin with (adding to Vref is not recommended by Boeing by the way).

So, like I said, it is a choice.

Best regards,

Rob Robson